Page 195 of 212 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3173

Thread: Workout thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Has the floor been sealed or is it bare concrete? If not, it might be a good idea to look at sealing it before putting the rubber mats, etc on top.
    I thought I asked you to stand down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I thought I asked you to stand down?
    My apologies Slim. The floor is yours.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Has the floor been sealed or is it bare concrete? If not, it might be a good idea to look at sealing it before putting the rubber mats, etc on top.
    It's bare concrete. I would like to seal my garage floor and basement at some point, but that feels like a good spring/summer project.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

My apologies Slim. The floor is yours.
    It's probably better if you take it from here. I believe the great sandwich debate has created a rift between me and Buff that will be difficult for us to overcome.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Pulling the trigger on some gym flooring for my unfinished basement. Going to get it cleaned out and converted this weekend. I'd like to get a treadmill and some equipment down there, but figure if I can get the flooring in the meantime then at least I can start to mess around with a kettle bell and some basic stuff while I try to find a deal on some equipment.
    Kettle bells kick ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

It's bare concrete. I would like to seal my garage floor and basement at some point, but that feels like a good spring/summer project.
    If you're going to empty it out you should just get it done, it's cheap and not difficult, but once you put all your flooring, exercise equipment, storage junk, etc in there you'll have a lot more work to get done if you ever do it.

9. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Kettle bells kick ass.
    I prefer kettle chips.

11. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I prefer kettle chips.
    who duznt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    who duznt?
    I ate half a bag of salt n vinegar last night. I am ripped.

14. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I am starting to hate Wednesday. That's the day I dump the weights and go HIIT body workouts. They are only 20 to 25 minutes with warmup and cool downs, but they kick my butt.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

16. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I ate half a bag of salt n vinegar last night. I am ripped.
    #Slimpotatoeschipstud.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

18. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    I am starting to hate Wednesday. That's the day I dump the weights and go HIIT body workouts. They are only 20 to 25 minutes with warmup and cool downs, but they kick my butt.
    I love HIIT training.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I love HIIT training.
    It just make so much sense, because it really does model how our bodies are designed to work.

21. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

If you're going to empty it out you should just get it done, it's cheap and not difficult, but once you put all your flooring, exercise equipment, storage junk, etc in there you'll have a lot more work to get done if you ever do it.
    I've been giving this some more thought and have a stupid question: What is the main benefit of sealing a brand new concrete floor in a basement?

My garage seems like more of a no-brainer because it's subject to so much moisture and dirt and other variables that you want to preserve its life. But what am I really accomplishing by sealing my basement concrete? Is it a worthwhile investment?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I've been giving this some more thought and have a stupid question: What is the main benefit of sealing a brand new concrete floor in a basement?

My garage seems like more of a no-brainer because it's subject to so much moisture and dirt and other variables that you want to preserve its life. But what am I really accomplishing by sealing my basement concrete? Is it a worthwhile investment?
    Your basement will be the largest moisture area in the house. It's not about preserving the floor from what you do on top of it, although that's important, but for the basement you need to worry about the moisture coming in from around and up from the soil. If you place flooring on top of it you're now trapping that moisture and can cause mold/mildew under the matting as well as damage the concrete underneath. Right now your concrete is brand new and beautiful, but if you put a dehumidifier in your basement I promise you will have more water in it than you expect.

Anyhow, I would HIGHLY recommend sealing it. AW4M would be able to tell you exactly what product you should use, etc as he is MUCH more knowledgeable on it than I and his advice when I had to remove the damage caused by the previous homeowner not sealing the concrete before putting down flooring was invaluable.

Protect your investment Buff, it might not seem important today, but it will be at some point, so do it while it's easy.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information