Page 157 of 212 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3173

Thread: Workout thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Alright work out gurus I need your advice. I've recently decided to get my fatass back in shape. I started a diet program through a local hospital, it's called HMR, it's basically like nutrisystem. 2 meals, 3 shakes, and 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day. So diet is going good I've lost 12 pounds in just over a week. But, I haven't done much consistent working out since I was wrestling in college.

Here's what I'm doing now. The goal is weight loss, toning, and cardio, I feel I'm fine from a strength standpoint.

My set up is I have a Gold's Gym home universal type machine, a set of dumbbells, an exercise bike, and a treadmill.
    So what the wife and I are doing right now is 8 cycles at 7 minutes per and just moving from "station" to "station". As far as the universal machine goes I do bench(it's a sitting style that just sort of mimics benching I assume it roughly works the same muscles) OHP, curls, etc. then I do a station of dumbell work, then Treadmill, and bike and repeat. My second set of dumbbell work I do a more cardio version doing Kempo type punch combos while holding 8 pound dumbells along with some squats and jumping jacks.

All of that takes roughly an hour. Time is an issue because if I want to workout longer I basically have to steal that time from my sleep since I am coaching the kiddos wrestling(which is also exercise to an extent) 4 nights a week and will be moving right into coaching baseball and playing softball after that.

Ao my question is: am I doing this right? Is the 7 minute cycle idea a good one? Is there something more I should do? Also, are there suplements I should consided, I know nothing about that stuff?

Any advice is appreciated.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Alright work out gurus I need your advice. I've recently decided to get my fatass back in shape. I started a diet program through a local hospital, it's called HMR, it's basically like nutrisystem. 2 meals, 3 shakes, and 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day. So diet is going good I've lost 12 pounds in just over a week. But, I haven't done much consistent working out since I was wrestling in college.

Here's what I'm doing now. The goal is weight loss, toning, and cardio, I feel I'm fine from a strength standpoint.

My set up is I have a Gold's Gym home universal type machine, a set of dumbbells, an exercise bike, and a treadmill.
    So what the wife and I are doing right now is 8 cycles at 7 minutes per and just moving from "station" to "station". As far as the universal machine goes I do bench(it's a sitting style that just sort of mimics benching I assume it roughly works the same muscles) OHP, curls, etc. then I do a station of dumbell work, then Treadmill, and bike and repeat. My second set of dumbbell work I do a more cardio version doing Kempo type punch combos while holding 8 pound dumbells along with some squats and jumping jacks.

All of that takes roughly an hour. Time is an issue because if I want to workout longer I basically have to steal that time from my sleep since I am coaching the kiddos wrestling(which is also exercise to an extent) 4 nights a week and will be moving right into coaching baseball and playing softball after that.

Ao my question is: am I doing this right? Is the 7 minute cycle idea a good one? Is there something more I should do? Also, are there suplements I should consided, I know nothing about that stuff?

Supplement wise, if you are on a hospital prescribed diet program, I wouldn't try doing any supplementation other than a multi vitamin if you feel like you need that.

Protein supplementation is probably going to hurt your progress with a scheduled meal program, and wouldn't advise doing unless you are going to be on top of everything you put in your body. (I.E. Know your macros, calories etc...)
    BCAAs could help with recovery for any muscle soreness you may be experiencing, and there are some people who think it aids with fat loss.
    If you feel like you need something to stimulate and help you get pumped up for your workout, you could look into a pre-workout type thing.

I'm sure those who have been doing this longer than I have can give you some better advice.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Only supps that I'd recommend are fishoil and a multi-vitamin.

It sounds like a crossfit/biggest loser style workout. It isn't the type of program that will put much muscle on you, but if the focus is on losing weight and you like doing it then keep it up. If you don't like it, then change it up. Good on you for making the change though. Hope it continues to go well for you.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

First, good on you for starting Chaz. The only I advice I have is don't ******* stop. Period. I mean that in every way, don't stop working out, when that exercise is making you squeal don't bitch out, when you feel like you've been run over by a truck make yourself get to the gym, etc.

Don't ******* stop. If you're moving forward you're always gaining ground...

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Half marathon this morning. Joy. It was actually a good run, I enjoyed it. I will never, ever, run a marathon... But, I did enjoy the half marathon today.

If you've ever been to 29 Palms it's from mainside almost to Camp Wilson and back.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Half marathon this morning. Joy. It was actually a good run, I enjoyed it. I will never, ever, run a marathon... But, I did enjoy the half marathon today.

If you've ever been to 29 Palms it's from mainside almost to Camp Wilson and back.
    Ever hear of Couch 2 5k program? I am working on that right now as my cardio after working out. So I might do some 5ks this summer.

12. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Ever hear of Couch 2 5k program? I am working on that right now as my cardio after working out. So I might do some 5ks this summer.
    Haven't heard of it, if it's working keep doing it!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Working out is for pussies. You guys are dumb.

15. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Working out is for pussies. You guys are dumb.
    Shut up fatty.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Shut up fatty.
    Whatever bro. I'm fat, happy, and blissfully ignorant about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Whatever bro. I'm fat, happy, and blissfully ignorant about it.
    I love it when I walk up a flight of stairs, and I can't catch my breath.

FATTY4LYFE!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post

I love it when I walk up a flight of stairs, and I can't catch my breath.

FATTY4LYFE!!!
    At least you can make it up the flight of stairs
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

20. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Do you have a lot of scheduled OT this summer? I find you start a routine and OT ruins it. But as Davii, push yourself and stick to it.......that's easier said then done working 10s or 12s

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

My wife have me another freaking cold this weekend. Going to spread it around at the gym y tomorrow morning.

Why do you guys work out? Its just alot of......work.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information