Page 101 of 212 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3173

Thread: Workout thread

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Hit a milestone today. 135lb deadlift. It was nice to throw those 45lb plates on the bar.
    That is awesome!!!

I hit my PR today at 375#. I have been away a while, but back in mid April I joined a Crossfit gym here in Aurora. Any Aurora peeps that want to try it out, its called Crossfit Crush...roughly at tower/Quincy. The price is second to none compared to most crossfit gyms...$100/month.

Anyway.... I was in a major workout rut. I am 36 and have worked out since I was 13..so 23 years and love it, but felt that there was something more. Well I discovered crossfit and was humbled right off the bat. Here i am thinking I have 23 years of "lifting/working out" experience and was put on my back the first week.

Here is what I have discovered since starting....my endurance, strength, body composition, body fat, and overall fitness level has changed. Some went down (fat,composition) and the rest went up. Like I originally said, I hit a PR today at 375# for DL. And I did it in 2 sets of 2. So who knows what I could have done in 1 set of 1.

I am only able to do crossfit 3 sometimes 4 times a week and the other days I try to do a traditional type strength workout at my work gym but MAN O MAN is it boring.

3 weeks ago I participated in a relay race called the epic relay..it is a 191 mile running relay race from Canon City, CO, to Crested Butte, CO. The elevation alone goes from about 6500 ft to over 12,000 ft (Cottonwood Pass) and when I ran at times I was averaging 9:30/mile. I did not run or train much for this race other than do crossfit. At 36 (turn 37 next tuesday) I am in the best shape of my life.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

^ Congrats man. 375 is definitely big boy weight. Happy you found something you love and are into.
    Russlin jimmies since 1981

4. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
    ^ Congrats man. 375 is definitely big boy weight. Happy you found something you love and are into.
    thanks...forgot to mention that I weigh 180lb's.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

Happy Day --

Found out I'm getting another class starting October 1st!!. It will either be G-cycle (instructor designed -- it was the class I taught from December 15th through June, when I was certified as a Group Ride instructor) or a spin class for beginners. Our Group Fitness coordinator is to decide the day and time. Genesis showed they love what I am doing by giving me another class. Up to me to draw enough attendance to keep it on the schedule beyond our fall schedule.

I'm fine either way. I would love to be in all out attack mode, with G-cycle really being an advanced class.................. but scaling back and teaching beginners would really be a blessing. Keeping both my Group Ride classes.

Day 6 of Intermittent Fasting. So far, so good.

8. The Following User High Fived keithbishop For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop View Post
    Happy Day --

Found out I'm getting another class starting October 1st!!. It will either be G-cycle (instructor designed -- it was the class I taught from December 15th through June, when I was certified as a Group Ride instructor) or a spin class for beginners. Our Group Fitness coordinator is to decide the day and time. Genesis showed they love what I am doing by giving me another class. Up to me to draw enough attendance to keep it on the schedule beyond our fall schedule.

I'm fine either way. I would love to be in all out attack mode, with G-cycle really being an advanced class.................. but scaling back and teaching beginners would really be a blessing. Keeping both my Group Ride classes.

This is awesome. Congrats man.

You've made a huge difference in your life and are paying it forward in spades. Nothing but the best wishes for you! If I can help in anyway be sure not to hesitate to ask.

Are you able to speak with class about dietary stuff and nutrition?

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

This is awesome. Congrats man.

You've made a huge difference in your life and are paying it forward in spades. Nothing but the best wishes for you! If I can help in anyway be sure not to hesitate to ask.

Are you able to speak with class about dietary stuff and nutrition?
    Just keep inspiring me with the weight room stuff. If I ever add the weight room to what I do in fitness classes............

Yeah, I talk about diet and nutrition. Depends on the group of students. If there are newer students, I spend more time talking about form and coaching them through things "45 seconds in race position with 2 increases..... break coming in 3, 2, 1....". With more experienced students, it depends. Sometimes the atmosphere is more upbeat and I discuss health matters. Both of my classes yesterday morning, though, were my favorite kind : they had that look, fire in their eyes -- they just wanted me to push them as hard as possible. That's when I call my classroom "Studio NFL" instead of "Studio B".

No
    'effin
    Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    That is awesome!!!

I hit my PR today at 375#. I have been away a while, but back in mid April I joined a Crossfit gym here in Aurora. Any Aurora peeps that want to try it out, its called Crossfit Crush...roughly at tower/Quincy. The price is second to none compared to most crossfit gyms...$100/month.

Anyway.... I was in a major workout rut. I am 36 and have worked out since I was 13..so 23 years and love it, but felt that there was something more. Well I discovered crossfit and was humbled right off the bat. Here i am thinking I have 23 years of "lifting/working out" experience and was put on my back the first week.

Here is what I have discovered since starting....my endurance, strength, body composition, body fat, and overall fitness level has changed. Some went down (fat,composition) and the rest went up. Like I originally said, I hit a PR today at 375# for DL. And I did it in 2 sets of 2. So who knows what I could have done in 1 set of 1.

I am only able to do crossfit 3 sometimes 4 times a week and the other days I try to do a traditional type strength workout at my work gym but MAN O MAN is it boring.

3 weeks ago I participated in a relay race called the epic relay..it is a 191 mile running relay race from Canon City, CO, to Crested Butte, CO. The elevation alone goes from about 6500 ft to over 12,000 ft (Cottonwood Pass) and when I ran at times I was averaging 9:30/mile. I did not run or train much for this race other than do crossfit. At 36 (turn 37 next tuesday) I am in the best shape of my life.
    Good stuff, man. I wish I had gotten into it earlier in my life. I also feel that at 35 I am in the best that I have ever been. Better late than never. I have a co-worker who swears by crossfit. I have seen some a lot of unsafe methods with it though, but he says that his gym isn't anything like that.

Finished round 1 of 531. Decided to go a bit heavier than the recommended 5 and 10 pound increase. Will take a deload week this week though. Haven't taken a break in a few months, so it is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbishop View Post
    Happy Day --

Keep it up, keith. IF can be rough over the first few days, then you adapt to it and it is gravy.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Crazy effing day.

Had a national interview with Fox News radio today
    Then had to scramble to pick up my 8 year old
    Dropped her off with a friends real quick
    Biked to gym, worked out like a demon, biked home (against the ******* wind)
    Re-picked up kid and rushed to make a baller lunch
    Then we had her 3rd grade orientation

Finally things wound down a little so we hit the pool and I'm just sore as hell and worn out from all this stuff (workouts and promotional stuff)

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

So I need some quick advice. I'm having a little trouble with the overhead press that is related to an old shoulder injury. Back in '07 I dislocated it and chipped my shoulder socket when I re-located the joint. I rehabbed it for a while, but then ignored it after my physical therapy was complete. I'm now starting to notice some pain now that I'm working it regularly. My shoulder feels a bit better after I do my reps in the press, but I'm thinking that I should back down on the weight, and work back up (and beyond) to what I'm doing now to ensure that I build up the support to prevent any re-injury of that shoulder. I'm currently at 95#, so what would be a good amount to drop back to, and is this the right approach?

I don't have any issues with the bench press or bent over row, it's primary with the overhead press that I'm having issues.

So I need some quick advice. I'm having a little trouble with the overhead press that is related to an old shoulder injury. Back in '07 I dislocated it and chipped my shoulder socket when I re-located the joint. I rehabbed it for a while, but then ignored it after my physical therapy was complete. I'm now starting to notice some pain now that I'm working it regularly. My shoulder feels a bit better after I do my reps in the press, but I'm thinking that I should back down on the weight, and work back up (and beyond) to what I'm doing now to ensure that I build up the support to prevent any re-injury of that shoulder. I'm currently at 95#, so what would be a good amount to drop back to, and is this the right approach?

I don't have any issues with the bench press or bent over row, it's primary with the overhead press that I'm having issues.
    Honestly Im 99% confident the pain is unrelated to your old injury.

OH press is a move that just hurts until your body adjusts to it. Upright rows did it for me too... I could feel my forearms bending when I'd do them for the first approx half a year

Just leave the weight as is and don't try and bump it up for now.

If it progressively gets less painful, adjust and progress. If it continues to be painful, we'll talk alternatives.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Honestly Im 99% confident the pain is unrelated to your old injury.

OH press is a move that just hurts until your body adjusts to it. Upright rows did it for me too... I could feel my forearms bending when I'd do them for the first approx half a year

Just leave the weight as is and don't try and bump it up for now.

If it progressively gets less painful, adjust and progress. If it continues to be painful, we'll talk alternatives.
    I can do that. It will also give me practice getting the bar up off the floor and onto my chest before I get into the big boy weights. I wasn't really getting the pain on the presses, but when I was getting it up there.

I can do that. It will also give me practice getting the bar up off the floor and onto my chest before I get into the big boy weights. I wasn't really getting the pain on the presses, but when I was getting it up there.
    When you manage to find a squat rack, just do em in there where its already elevated. You're having to hang clean em up before you even start the lift...

Nutty day. Had an early AM TV interview segment then had to pick up GFs dog to dog sit until tomorrow night then hit the gym and had a ridiculously rough workout in half the time I would have liked and then ran out for a lunch date with the kiddo and finally back home with 20 mins to spare before my next interview with USA radio (1100 stations).

This vacation on Friday can't come quick enough.

20. The Following User High Fived TheReverend For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

When you manage to find a squat rack, just do em in there where its already elevated. You're having to hang clean em up before you even start the lift...
    Been going to our downtown YMCA branch for my lifting days where they have 2 squat racks. Don't mind the extra 10 minute drive to do my lifting safely.

Been going to our downtown YMCA branch for my lifting days where they have 2 squat racks. Don't mind the extra 10 minute drive to do my lifting safely.
    Use it for OH press.

Problem: Solved

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information