Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: the Disc Golf thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Default the Disc Golf thread

i don't know if anyone else here even plays besides AWIK and i, but WTH-- we've got a thread for every other fringe sport, why not? anyone ever play, or have any interest in playing?

i freakin' love it, for whatever reason. . . there's just something almost meditative about it, it's so relaxing. . . i've actually never played real golf before, and i'm definitely interested, but frisbee golf does have some advantages. . . one of the biggest is that it's free to play most places, and you never have to reserve a tee time-- also, the starting equipment costs about fifty bucks total, and there's no dress code. . . in fact, most disc golf courses are so informal that you can bring your own beer with you. . . it's extremely laid back. . . good times!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Leach

I used to play years ago. I've been thinking about starting back up again. All the courses here are up in the mountains. Hiking, the woods, a friendly but competitive game with friends.....it's good times.

We call it folf up here though.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived frauschieze For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I played a few times, back in the day. They used to have a course at CSU (maybe they still do, IDK). But, I haven't seen a course since I left CO (and this was many years ago).
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

there's supposed to be 2 courses here in gunnison, i've been meaning to check it out
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

8. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by frauschieze View Post
    I used to play years ago. I've been thinking about starting back up again. All the courses here are up in the mountains. Hiking, the woods, a friendly but competitive game with friends.....it's good times.

We call it folf up here though.
    Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    there's supposed to be 2 courses here in gunnison, i've been meaning to check it out
    do it!

mountain courses rule. . .

i just ordered a bag and some new discs-- i can't wait to get them. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I call it "stoner golfing" because in all 3 courses they have here in Madison, it seems that more people are sneaking into the woods to smoke pot than playing.

12. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Just played a round yesterday down in the Black Forest!! I love that course....mountian type course without the drive...hehehe.

I've been playing since '98 and have loved it since that first time!! Own over 100 discs and a few bags.......and a pair of fishing waders so I can "swamp" for discs in the water.

If any of ya'll want to throw a round, give me a hollar and I'll be there.

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

14. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

holy shit, that is a frickin' ton of discs. . . .

any particular brand you prefer?
    - John Elway

16. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    holy shit, that is a frickin' ton of discs. . . .

any particular brand you prefer?

Yeah I would have more but I sell some, give some to the homies, donate some at tourny's and such.....

I'm not set on one brand...I throw Innova, Discraft, Millenium and DGA brands.

As far as favorite discs.....

Drivers:
    -Viking (Innova)
    -Storm (Discraft)
    -Polaris (Millenium)
    -Orion (Millenium)

Midranges:
    -Aviar (Innova)
    -KC Pro Roc (Innova)
    -Buzzzz (Discraft)

Putters:
    -KC Pro Aviar (Innova)

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

18. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
    Yeah I would have more but I sell some, give some to the homies, donate some at tourny's and such.....

I'm not set on one brand...I throw Innova, Discraft, Millenium and DGA brands.

As far as favorite discs.....

Drivers:
    -Viking (Innova)
    -Storm (Discraft)
    -Polaris (Millenium)
    -Orion (Millenium)

Midranges:
    -Aviar (Innova)
    -KC Pro Roc (Innova)
    -Buzzzz (Discraft)

Putters:
    -KC Pro Aviar (Innova)

PEACE!!!
    sweet. . . .

how many discs do you usually carry in your bag?

do you have a couple of drivers that you use most of the time, or do you change up a lot from shot to shot?
    - John Elway

disc golf.........ITS FROLF......anyone who ever saw sinfeld knows that.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Orange and Blue View Post
    Yeah for those "trendy" types it is Frolf......but for us diehards, it Disc Golf because you are playing golf with a DISC not a FRISBEE, which are different....

Dog, I carry 13 drivers and midranges (mostly drivers) and 1 putter. Probably like 10-11 drivers, 2-3 mid's and my 1 putter. I typically use my Viking (just like these for some reason) for most drives but all the others are for certian holes and shots that I want on those holes, being that each disc has it's own unique flying pattern. I only use one putter just so I can always know what that disc is going to do while putting.

I'm gonna hit up a course or two this afternoon after work and maybe do a little "swamping" after I'm finished.

PEACE!!!
    Last edited by AlWilsonizKING; 05-19-2008 at 03:45 PM.

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:

Countdown is 30 minutes before I can get out and play!! Tomorrow will be another round or two also since I am off!!! Whooo hoooo!!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

23. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Orange and Blue View Post
    seinfeld ain't the boss of me. . . .

i'm gonna keep calling it disc golf, or frisbee golf (no offense AWIK ), the way i always have. . .

Dog, I carry 13 drivers and midranges (mostly drivers) and 1 putter. Probably like 10-11 drivers, 2-3 mid's and my 1 putter. I typically use my Viking (just like these for some reason) for most drives but all the others are for certian holes and shots that I want on those holes, being that each disc has it's own unique flying pattern. I only use one putter just so I can always know what that disc is going to do while putting.

PEACE!!!
    cool, sounds fairly similar to what i usually carry. . . i'm the same way with my putter, i use my aviar A+P for 100% of my putts, as well as short approach shots. . . i lost my roc a while back and haven't been able to find another one around here, but i just ordered a pair of 'em-- once i get those i'll probably go back to using it for almost all of my approaches. . . i also ordered a couple of fairway drivers (champion eagle and star TL). . . obviously, i use mostly innova. . .

i just bought a few discs over the weekend, and got to throw a few of them tonight. . . i think i may have found a new favorite distance driver, a 167 gram champion beast. . . i do like the vikings also, i've got three of those. . .

Countdown is 30 minutes before I can get out and play!! Tomorrow will be another round or two also since I am off!!! Whooo hoooo!!!

PEACE!!!

i had a good game today. . . played 28 holes, and hit par for the first time-- no big accomplishment to an experienced disc golfer like yourself, but i was pretty happy about it. . . this is a really easy course, but i'll take what i can get. . .

if i have time and the weather stays nice, i think i might try a new course thursday-- the great blue herron DCG . . . . i've also got an eye on a place that's built on a ball golf course that went out of business-- it would be sweet to play some disc golf out on those manicured fairways!
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:

Heading out to Fort Morgan to play the course out there tomorrow. Can't wait since it's been over a year since I played there and the last time it was a drizzle/rain round!! Hopefully this time will be sunny skies and hot weather!!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

26. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information