Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: the Disc Golf thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I don't think that is bad. I am the worse putter ever to grace the courses
    I am a horrible drive and make up for in the mid to short. My disc always zigs when it needs to zag.

2. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I am a horrible drive and make up for in the mid to short. My disc always zigs when it needs to zag.
    well, i've had that problem with driving too. I just started discing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    well, i've had that problem with driving too. I just started discing.
    tomahawk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Played Expo today after work and beat my personal best. It's now -13 (-14 if you count throwing back to the practice basket. Felt good the entire round and had a good chance to crush my best. Stupid pars on 3 of the last 5 holes stopped that. Playing tags there tomorrow, so hopefully I can keep up the birdies!!

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

if you haven't tried the rocketballz driver, do so. It is very impressive. I'm not a long hitter and it added 40 yards to my drive

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    if you haven't tried the rocketballz driver, do so. It is very impressive. I'm not a long hitter and it added 40 yards to my drive
    I don't think that's going to help AlWilsonizKing much.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't think that's going to help AlWilsonizKing much.

Lol, yeah I only play ball golf when I feel like drinking and having a good time.

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
    Played Expo today after work and beat my personal best. It's now -13 (-14 if you count throwing back to the practice basket. Felt good the entire round and had a good chance to crush my best. Stupid pars on 3 of the last 5 holes stopped that. Playing tags there tomorrow, so hopefully I can keep up the birdies!!

PEACE!!!
    i hate you. . .

got to see an ace thrown for the first time the other day. . . my buddy crushed one on 11 at expo. . .

12. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    my buddy crushed one on 11 at expo. . .

Lol.....I feel the love Dog.

My first ever Ace was hole 7 at Expo. Followed during the same round by a thru the tree, chain crashing, spit out the backside on hole 11. Was THAT CLOSE to getting my first two Aces, during the same round. Good thing though was I got paid $140 for that Ace. Ace pools are nice!!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
    Lol.....I feel the love Dog.

My first ever Ace was hole 7 at Expo. Followed during the same round by a thru the tree, chain crashing, spit out the backside on hole 11. Was THAT CLOSE to getting my first two Aces, during the same round. Good thing though was I got paid $140 for that Ace. Ace pools are nice!!!

PEACE!!!
    hehe. . . you know it's all love, homes. . . don't mind a little jealousy. . .

if i ever manage to throw one, i can easily see it being on seven or ten at expo. . . that would've been crazy if you'd thrown two that day. . . you still have the disc you hit the first one with? i woulda framed that bad boy. . .

Adopted Bronco:

Oh yeah I keep all of my Ace discs......all 5 of them haha. Hopefully I can get one tonight. Bigace pool almost. 150 bucks.

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

16. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

finally managed to huck the last of my champion beasts into the pond, and had to re-order. . . my discs got shipped today, hopefully i'll have them for this weekend-- if i even have time to get out, which i won't unless my boss gives me saturday off. . .

Adopted Bronco:

You put your name and number on your discs Dog? I know a few people who go "swamping" in expo and a couple are really good at calling people back to return discs......others do not. I used to go swamping, but just cant find the time any more.

Great news for me.....the weekend of my birthday (Jan 28) I will be in Hawaii visiting a friend who's working down there......and.......playing in the BIG ISLAND OPEN!!! I cannot wait for that. Never been to Hawaii and am looking forward to it!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

So I played in my first out of state tourney last weekend in Wyoming. Placed 6th out of 30 in the Advanced division and could have done better had I known how discs fly differently there compared to here. Let a lot of missed birdie putts out there also. Felt good with a 6th place finish after how I feel I played.
    Great news for me.....the weekend of my birthday (Jan 28) I will be in Hawaii visiting a friend who's working down there......and.......playing in the BIG ISLAND OPEN!!! I cannot wait for that. Never been to Hawaii and am looking forward to it!!
    btw...didn't get to go.....

Highlights were:

On Friday I got to play a bring your own partner doubles tourney on Little Americas Ball Golf course and had the use of the carts for the round. That was SWEET! First time I'd gotten to play Disc with a cart. We played the 3rd round of the tourney there, but didn't get the carts then.

Saturday, right before the 2nd round was about to begin, when everyone was getting their card assignments and walking to the tees......a huge lightning bolt hit about 50-60 feet from where I and about 15 others were in the parking lot. 100 feet from tourney central!! A split second before it hit, my head and arms were full of static electricity and when it hit it intensified greatly. I took my hat off to make sure it wasn't burnt! A fellow player from Colorado was knocked out by it. He was ok, even finished playing the entire weekend and won his division....beating several very good players!!

It was a great time with a great group of people. If no of you know, DISC GOLFERS are a great community....no snobbishness like in Ball Golf.

Got a FUNdraiser this weekend at a The Mansion Course (private course) here in Denver! Cannot wait as it is always a blast!!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

21. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm addicted to this now. Started maybe a month ago.

Slick, you chuck any plastic lately? Dog?

There's a new course near my house--it's by Highlands Ranch Parkway and Broadway.

I have a few neighborhood buddies that I go with. Both are better but not that much better.

I like to watch coverage of pro events, too. JoMez Pro and Disc Golf Channel (or something like that) on y/t have a lot of great content. I'm starting to get familiar with some names of the more well-known recent pros: McBeth, Socki-bomb, Eagle, KJ, the Napoleon Dynamite dude, and the dude with long hair in a pony tail (Conrad?).

I'm trying to get more distance on my drives. I hit 308 yesterday. That's the farthest I've thrown (flat no wind). I feel like if I throw it harder I need to really compress and load my shoulder/humerus joint and I'm worried about snapping a bicep after hearing a horror story about it. I'll keep y'all posted. U-Disc is an app that lets you measure throws (and shows courses and all kinds of great stuff).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

23. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information