Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: the Disc Golf thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Took home tag number 46 after the tag match the other day....not bad considering I threw a +2...ouch.....best tag I've had all year. On my way to number 1!!

Also made a quick $100 selling some discs....cha-ching!!

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

been out once since the snow melted, it came back fairly quick, but wasn't a good round. looking forward to playing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

3. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i'm really hoping we get a nice day sunday so i can get out on the course for the first time this year. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Ouch....I can't imagine only being out once or not at all this year. I have to play at least twice a week or I go crazy.

Not gonna play today but I will be out slangin' the discs to make the endz!!! Hopefully since it's Friday mofo's got payed and will be buyin' them up....I need money baaaaaaad!!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

On the fine line between genius & insanity...
    Adopted Bronco:
    Elvis D!

I will only play Disc Golf if THIS guy blocks my goal....er whatever that thing is.

Adopted Bronco:

Um...Dr. V...that would be called a basket..:wink: lol

And if I saw that guy on the disc course, I would do my best RAIDEN imitation and kick some arse!!!!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:

Had a blast playing the 2nd annual Rondoc (Condor backwards) tourny this past Saturday.

18 holes of pure sillyness. A few examples of the crazy holes are.....the Rubber chicken hole, where every throw is with a rubber chicken. The throw like a girl hole, where you had to put on some pumps, a skirt and a woman shirt and throw super light discs. The mini hole, where you had to play the entire hole with you mini marker disc. The shut your pie hole, where you threw pizza pie tins the entire hole. PURE FUN!!!

I threw an even par (54) the first round and a -4 (50) the second. was leading after the first round and if it hadn't have been for a super round score of a 46 by a fellow compeditor I would have won my division...and a year of free sandwiches from Einstiens Bagles....almost. Second feels great though....this tourny was a blast and I will play it each year from now on!!!

So far this year in tourny's I have tied for first in the Ice Bowl and got 2nd at Rodnoc....guess I can't complain too much.

Also too home a bunch of prizes from the "Golden Retriever" contest and the "Ring of Fire"

HAD A BLAST!!!!!

Here's a great pic from the "throw like a girl hole"

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

that sounds fun. . . .

i finally got out for my first round of the year yesterday! i was definitely rusty, but loved it nonetheless-- it was just sweet to be back out there. . . . they changed around some of the holes on my favorite course, which i wasn't thrilled about. . . . it's nice to have some different holes to play, but a few of the ones they replaced were ones i really liked. . . . one of the new ones is pretty tight, it's a really short little hole where you throw off the top of a hill down into a meadow that twenty to thirty feetlower than the tee. . . . but for the most part, i don't like the new holes as well as the ones they replaced, and they aren't finished yet-- it's just chalk on the grass marking the tee boxes. . . . the layout of the course doesn't flow quite as well as it did. . . . i'll get used to it once i've played 'em a few times, though. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

12. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Played a Tag match today, as I do every Tuesday, at Expo park in Aurora. Did better than normal. Still, like always, left a lot of easy birdies on the course. Finished with a -3 and took home tag #208....OUCH.

BUT......the highlight of the day was HITTING MY FIRST EVER OFFICIAL ACE!!!!!!!!!!!! 2nd drive of the day (we started on #6), threw my Classic Roc and it flew a perfect flight right into the basket!!!!! I didn't even get to watch it finish moving in the basket......I was high 5'n and jumping in the air!!!! Here's a pic of my disc and hole 7's tee pad.

Best of all was I had put a dollar into the Ace Pool and no one else hit one, so I go to walk away with $130!!!!

I also got close to hitting another Ace on hole number 11. I threw the disc, it hit and went thru a tree about 10 feet in front of the basket, hit the chains, went in the basket, but bounced out the other side........are you kidding me?!?! Almost 2 Aces in the same round!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:

Played at Expo again yesterday and hit MY SECOND ACE in less than a month. Hole number 1...though it was really hole number 17 for my group as we started on number 3. Took home $40 from the ace pool.

Hopefully the third times the charm this Sunday, as the ace pool is $250+!!!!

Wish me luck.

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

No Aces as of late but the Ace Pot at Expo on Sundays is now $350+. Even talk about capping it and starting a new one, so that if someone would hit one they would take home $300 and there would already be a new one growing......good idea I guess.

I was just tossing a few drives on hole one at the course near my work durnign my lunch today. Well just call me Randy Johnson.....as I hit a bird with one of my drives. I have hit a bird or two after the dics is about to land or while rolling/bouncing, but this is the first time I hit one just after releasing the disc. It wasn't a huge hit, and I'me sure the bird is okay, but it was close.

Mile High Classic is this weekend. Two rounds of sure fun at Expo.....well all but hole #13.. I'm not sure as to how well I'll do because my putting as been terrible as of late. That and that damn hole #13 there has my name.....and a bunch of my discs!!! I think since I take so many out and sell them, I have to pay up also...lol.

Picture a dog leg right hole, 350+ feet out that starts off to the leftbut dog legs back to the right around this huge 5ft+ deep, nasty pond. To have any chance of a birdy, your throw has to spend most of it's flight way out above the water (for us right handed back handers). Well more times than not I Come up just short of the shoreline.......

Anyway wish me luck this weekend and hopefully I get another top 3.

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Finally played again (maybe first time in a year) at Lake Tahoe. Played 2 courses: Zephyr Cove Park and Bijou Park. ZC plays basically up and down a mountain; Bijou was a fun one, lots of trees, 27 holes. I was rusty, but it was fun.

Here's a pic of the 15th at ZC:
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

18. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    Finally played again (maybe first time in a year) at Lake Tahoe. Played 2 courses: Zephyr Cove Park and Bijou Park. ZC plays basically up and down a mountain; Bijou was a fun one, lots of trees, 27 holes. I was rusty, but it was fun.

Here's a pic of the 15th at ZC:

Looks like one beauty of a course. I love mountian courses!!!

I played in the Mile High Classic this past weekend. Didn't do so well as a couple of holes kicked my butt. Took a couple of circle 7's on the dreaded #13 (my evil nemisis). It was a fun couple of rounds though.

Highlight of the day was winning the CTP and taking home a very rare DGC Roc that is going straight to the wall. That and getting another hard to get Crystal Buzzzz!!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:

Played a couple of practice rounds at this LOVELY mansion course yesterday in preperation of this weekends tourny there. Let me say that it was an absolutly beautiful course. Most holes were short, but were they ever hard as heck. Reminded me of playing a mountian course...which I love to play. No big arms here. It's all about finess here. I will post up some pics as soon as I get a chance. The best part was I got to play with the courses designer Jim!!! Awesome, great guy and was a pleasure to play with.

Shot a +7 the first round and a +8 the second. Both were good scores concidering that NO ONE shot under par and the best score was a +1!!!!

Wish me luck for tomorrow.

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:

"I play for the love of the game, I play for the comraderie and inspiration, to embrace the family of the disc, the journey, the sweet spot, I play for past, present and future legends, I play for my community, I playfor the spirt of Johnny, I live, breath, eat and sleep to the sound of chains, for the high fives, I play to play another day, I play for the dissappointment which drives me forward, I play for the beauty of flight, the amazement, the luck, I play for the howl, the nature that surrounds us, I play for the lifelong journey, the once in a lifetime shot, the plastic, the skip, NEVER FORGETTING THAT I PLAY THIS GAME FOR FUN!"

Maybe someone could come up with something like this for B Marsh and all the other selfish sports players who seem to do it only for fame and dollars......

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information