Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: the Disc Golf thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBronkHoes View Post
    Al is the man
    I second that...

Started the round yesterday 10:45am sharp. Proceeded to kick butt and take no names. Ended the round in 1st with a -3.

After the "Cactus Course 18" myself and a friend went and played the Badlands (Waterworld) 27. This was a more closely contested matchup. Back and forth, up and down. We both missed a lot of easy birdies and even missed a few pars......it went down to the final hole of the day to determine the winner......which of course was me by 1. Finished a dissapointing +5....

Even though I was not happy with the last score, the day was great!!! Cannot complaine about a day of disc in the sun with friends!!

Next chance to get out may be Monday afternoon as I'm working both jobs every day up to Thursday when my week long camping vacation begins!!!!!!!!! Can't wait.

Now on to work.........

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

2. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

i definately wanna hang with al

4. The Following User High Fived DenverBronkHoes For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

man, i would kill to play waterworld again. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    man, i would kill to play waterworld again. . . .

One of my top 3 favorite courses!!! They are finally putting baskets on the backwoods 9. They have baskets on holes 3, 6 and 9. My bud's and I want to donate one but as of now we haven't.

My top 5 courses that I've played....

1. Leadville
    2. Sakuna (Black Forest)
    3. Badlands (Waterworld)
    4. Birds Nest (West Arvada)
    5. Expo Park (It's my "home course")

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

8. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Played Johnny Robets Memorial yesterday. For those who don't know, it's got a fairly good size creek that runs it's way through the park and the course it pretty much built along it. Unless you play safe on every water hole, you are gonna taste water at some point in the round......sometimes the water level is low (like it has been lately) or sometimes it a rager.

Well I hit the water on 2 of the first 3 holes. Nothing big for me, just don't like starting the round that way. After that though I was throwing rockets!! My friend was too but sadly for him it wasn't enough. Another close round though but in the end I can out on top!

On a side note....I am getting deadly with the "Hyper" putt. A "Hyper" putt is when you throw the disc similar to a ball overhand. It will flip in flight and "Bang the Chain!!" You can also throw it the same way but not flip it, instead spin it as normal but only with you fingers. Anyway I can hit these with no problem from 10-15 feet. I've only been practicing them for about a month or so...

Well I keep seeing beutiful days go by while I'mworking my behind off at the jobs........but 1 more day and I'm off for a week!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

10. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

al, is that course in arvada?

i played a new course today (finally got out to that great blue herron DGC that i linked earlier in the thread), and i too was in the drink by the second hole. . . landed right on the edge of the lake-- luckily that SOB was only about two feet out, and i was able to wade out and get it. . .

this course. . . damn! three or four of the fairways were tighter than the one i posted from my normal course, including one where there were a pair of trees literally about six or seven feet apart, not ten feet from the tee box, that you had to throw through. . . and about half a dozen of the baskets were frickin' ringed with trees on all sides-- made putting a real pain in the ass. . . there was one basket that was on a sharp downslope, less than ten feet from the water-- i'm thinking to myself, why not just put the damn thing IN the water and save people the trouble of trying to stay dry?

also, they had those shitty chainstar baskets instead of the nice DISCatchers with the big yellow rubber ring, so if you don't know where they are you can't see them until you're right on top of them. . . luckily i got a local to play most of the course with me so i wasn't stumbling around in the woods looking for the baskets. . . .

now that i know the layout, i'll probably go back some time. . . i would have taken pics, but i charged my battery and then forgot to put it back in the camera like a dumbass. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

12. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

al, is that course in arvada?

Yeah it off of Allison and 64th, just down the way. It's an "Ace" course as a bunch of baskets are within reach. I don't play it very often as it's usually busy and people are walking in the park everywhere.

I'm also not a fan of those baskets. Or when they are not double chained and your disc flies right through 'em...

I'm off for 6 days starting tomorrow and it's gonna start with a round of disc around noon and another around 6.

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

14. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

i'm pretty sure that i played that course-- i think my friends took me there for one of my very first rounds, in fact. . . i remember them calling it the "river runs through it" course. . .

i'd probably feel differently if i went back and played it now, but i didn't like it much-- probably because i spent the whole damn round crawling in and out of the creek. . .

enjoy your games tomorrow!
    - John Elway

16. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

enjoy your games tomorrow!
    Well being that it is windy as heck today. I didn't play....I don't mind a little wind, but sustained winds of 20-30 mph don't make for a fun game.

I needed a day of nothing anyway after working so much the past few weeks.

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

My brother's really into disc golf, but there's not a course where he lives now, or at least, I don't think there is. He went to CSU and played the on-campus course all the time.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    My brother's really into disc golf, but there's not a course where he lives now, or at least, I don't think there is. He went to CSU and played the on-campus course all the time.
    unfortunately, there's no course where i live now, either-- i don't let that stop me, though. . .

the PDGA course finder is the best way i know of to find the closest places to play. . . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

unfortunately, there's no course where i live now, either-- i don't let that stop me, though. . .

the PDGA course finder is the best way i know of to find the closest places to play. . . .
    OH...there is one in Torrington. Hmm...I guess I was wrong, I wonder if he's played it. I'm sure he has. We don't talk a whole lot.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

this place would be about a 4 day drive. http://www.pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=2859

Until then I'm stuck throwing at palm trees on the beach, and the wind can be treacherous. I've had to go swim for a disc a time or two.

One of the few things I miss is disc golfin'. Buy a couple discs and a putter and go have fun.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Slick7 View Post
    this place would be about a 4 day drive. http://www.pdga.com/course/courses_by_city.php?id=2859

Until then I'm stuck throwing at palm trees on the beach, and the wind can be treacherous. I've had to go swim for a disc a time or two.

One of the few things I miss is disc golfin'. Buy a couple discs and a putter and go have fun.
    Oh the HUMANITY!

23. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Oh the HUMANITY!

Yea...I guess if df and AL told me to go f myself and quit bitching they'd have every right.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information