Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: the Disc Golf thread

Any sport you can play while drinking a beer is civilized!

Only bad part...I have contracted poison oak more than once due to my drives sucking and stomping through underbrush et al.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived 3090 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by 3090 View Post
    Any sport you can play while drinking a beer is civilized!

truth!

Only bad part...I have contracted poison oak more than once due to my drives sucking and stomping through underbrush et al.

lol. . . gotta watch out for that shit!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:

it's time to go hit the links. . . .

WOO HOO!!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Disc golf is great. We have about three good courses up in the Fargo/Moorhead area. In particular, there is one that kind of goes along the Red River in a valley area with hills, water and trees so it's especially fun. The one we have here in my hometown back in South Dakota stinks, but at least we have one. Disc golf is a sport I usually associate with the hippies, so it's kind of obvious what goes on during the festivities. Mellow out, chill out and toss them discs.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

So one of my buddies didn't want to play Ft. Morgan (he had girlfriend stuff to do later...) so the 4 of us just played doubles at Badlands and after that me and another played a round at Birds Nest. A little windy, but nothing I'm used to playing in.

Doubles results....My partner and I lost by 1

Singles I won by 3

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'm not sure what the courses name is, but it's just off 6th ave parkway and Wadsworth. Just a small 9 holer and every hole is a birdie op....

Anyway we play there every now and then just for "Ace Ops". (Still have yet to hit one ) Hole 6 there is about 280ft from tee to basket. Well I threw a nice drive floated a bit started turning left when the wind took hold and sent it on a up a down journey until it slammed it right off the top of the basket!!! Only thing closer would have been to go in. Oh so close!!

Finished the 3 rounds -8 and "stomped the comp" which consisted of my buddy and another gent we met while playing. Whoo Hoo.

Next chance to play will be Saturday, but not sure where yet!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

finally took some pics of the course that i play most of the time. . .

here's dogfish on the course. . . .

- John Elway

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

this hole has pissed me off so many times. . . it's a pretty sharp downhill grade that dog-legs off to the left. . .

nice tight fairway here. . .

- John Elway

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

I went out for the first time in almost a year yesterday at the local park course. It's an 18-holer that winds through both a forest and a literal farm of wheat. Unfortunately, it had rained about 3 inches the hour before, so we only made it through about 8 or 9 holes when my shoes were ruined and I had lost a good driver to the current of a stream. Next week, though, I'm hitting the course when it's dry.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Excellent pics Cam!!!

What course is that? Where is that? I love that tight fairways and the trees!!!

I'm playing Lighthouse (The Cactus Course) tomorrow at 10:30 with 3 opponents..er..friends... Most likely we'll play dub's, but if we play singles I'm all over 'em!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

18. The Following User High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    I went out for the first time in almost a year yesterday at the local park course. It's an 18-holer that winds through both a forest and a literal farm of wheat. Unfortunately, it had rained about 3 inches the hour before, so we only made it through about 8 or 9 holes when my shoes were ruined and I had lost a good driver to the current of a stream. Next week, though, I'm hitting the course when it's dry.

yea. . . it's no fun when you're sloshing through a few inches of mud to play-- especially if they don't have concrete tee boxes, and you're slippin' and slidin' when you're trying to launch your drives. . . i had a few rounds like that earlier in the spring. . .

it was in the high eighties with mad humidity here today, and i was about the only fool out on the course. . . gotta go when you can, though. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
    Excellent pics Cam!!!

What course is that? Where is that? I love that tight fairways and the trees!!!

I'm playing Lighthouse (The Cactus Course) tomorrow at 10:30 with 3 opponents..er..friends... Most likely we'll play dub's, but if we play singles I'm all over 'em!!

PEACE!!!
    it's hedges boyer DGC in tiffin, ohio. . . it's in a big ass park. . . . there are a few woods holes, but it's mostly mature trees and mowed grass, which is really nice-- very little rough to lose your discs in! there are a few elevation changes (nothing too drastic), and one or two where the creek comes into play, but only if you shank it (yes, i have thrown a few discs in there, and it's deep enough that they're gone if you do ). . . pretty easy course, but it's good for a beginner like me, and it's hardly ever crowded, which i love. . .

i never played the cactus course when i was out there-- enjoy your game!
    - John Elway

i know i turn every thread into a pot thread.... But this is more well known as stoner golf or hippie golf... Invented by stoners, played by stoners. I played in college on the campus. Good times... Hit the bowl, throw a disc..... light the white-boy, throw another disk... good times

Reminds me of PCU.... jerrytown.... SWIRLIES!!!

21. The Following User High Fived DenverBronkHoes For This Post:

Them disks are heavy... I knew nothing of the game before college... It only took a day to get me hooked... i have always sucked at golf... its been a couple years for me... thanks for bringing back the memories guys.....

i think i need to assemble the homies soon.... I know there are a couple courses on the beach out here

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenverBronkHoes For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Up doing the earlybird thing here at work to make up a few hours, then I am headed to the course. I'm sure I'll play another course when finished with the first but "Either way it's a disc golf day!!!" Got the top down on the O||||O, got one bag full of discs, the other bag full of green and out on the course is where I'll be seen!!!

PEACE!!!

^Thanks MasterShake^

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived AlWilsonizKING For This Post:

Al is the man

27. The Following User High Fived DenverBronkHoes For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information