Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies your looking forward to?

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Actually, going and looking at a list of books, looks like I haven't either. I had in my head one of the trilogy, I was thinking children of dune, was written by the kid, but when I just checked, those were all Frank Herbert.

It was early 80's when I read them, but I think it was just three books I read.
    Love this story. Frank Herbert wove a web of mastery. A world unparalleled.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

2. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Son and I both read Dune for 1st time, we are stoked to watch.
    I had a boss years ago that claimed that Star Wars was nothing more than a rip off of Dune ans sited numerous similarities between the 2.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I had a boss years ago that claimed that Star Wars was nothing more than a rip off of Dune ans sited numerous similarities between the 2.
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

With both Neo and Trinity dead at the end of Revolutions, this has to be the Matrix trying to rebuild itself or something after being rebooted after the truce Neo brokered with the machines. My guess is the machines that took Neo away at the end of Revolutions are constructing this new Matrix since he broke the cycle and trying to trick him into thinking the original Matrix was just a movie he starred in (you can see the projector playing the a scene from the original Matrix at 1:57 in the video) and keeping him on life support to do so. It sounds totally stupid typing that out, but thats my guess! The first Matrix is an all time favorite film for me and event though the sequels were diminishing returns I am definitely looking forward to this.

8. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think the new James Bond looks far better than the new Matrix. Matrix almost looks like a John Wick movie, even the cast for John Wick 4 seems far more promising to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think the new James Bond looks far better than the new Matrix. Matrix almost looks like a John Wick movie, even the cast for John Wick 4 seems far more promising to me.
    On that note, I was disappointed in Wick 3, and hope Wick 4 is closer to 1 and 2.

They went from a franchise that most applauded as the most realistic gun fights (mag changes, changing from long gun to handgun in situations when you would do it, etc.), to one where a prolonged fight scenes had him ignoring all types of weapons strewn about that he could use to end certain fights. Obviously, you have to suspend belief for a lot of movies, but when you have them clearly work diligently in some areas (dog handling, gun handling, etc.) and then in other areas, have a completely absurd approach to hand to hand/knife fighting, it irritates me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Ive liked all 3 so far, love Mark Dacascos as Zero so that probably had a lot to do with it. The only thing i didnt care for was Wick cutting his finger off to get back in the good graces of the "lead guy" or whoever he is that runs the entire network. In my opinion he bent over to get back in his good graces when he had no reason to. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ive liked all 3 so far, love Mark Dacascos as Zero so that probably had a lot to do with it. The only thing i didnt care for was Wick cutting his finger off to get back in the good graces of the "lead guy" or whoever he is that runs the entire network. In my opinion he bent over to get back in his good graces when he had no reason to. IMO
    I had love/hate with three. Some of it I really liked, some irritated me. Either way, waiting for 4. I really like the franchise.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    With both Neo and Trinity dead at the end of Revolutions, this has to be the Matrix trying to rebuild itself or something after being rebooted after the truce Neo brokered with the machines. My guess is the machines that took Neo away at the end of Revolutions are constructing this new Matrix since he broke the cycle and trying to trick him into thinking the original Matrix was just a movie he starred in (you can see the projector playing the a scene from the original Matrix at 1:57 in the video) and keeping him on life support to do so. It sounds totally stupid typing that out, but thats my guess! The first Matrix is an all time favorite film for me and event though the sequels were diminishing returns I am definitely looking forward to this.
    im super pumped, it does seem like machines deceived him.

And i like the way the movie seems more about that, because you cant go back to neo fighting off 100s of agent smiths. He is just too old, unless you do CGI neo.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Like this looks to be after the final fight in the last movie, where they took his body and maybe tried to bring back to life?

Check his burned eyes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

So they clearly tried to re insert him into a version of the matrix.... interesting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

my guess is something similar, that when trinity died, the machines resserructed both her and neo into the matrix, "this is why you cant leave because the only thing you want is still here" So meaning she may not be able to leave the matrix and may have to live there, and machines using that to keep Neo in the matrix and humans as a power source.

18. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I saw the preview. They made a movie about Kurt Warner called “American Underdog”. Coming out on Christmas Day.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I saw the preview. They made a movie about Kurt Warner called “American Underdog”. Coming out on Christmas Day.

Makes me hate kroenke even more tbh

People wonder i root for underdogs, i became an NFL fan rooting for the ultimate "American Underdog".
    Last edited by ShaneFalco; 09-21-2021 at 09:39 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information