Page 48 of 73 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies your looking forward to?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    DeNiro jumped the shark years ago - but I expected more out of Scorsese.
    Joaquin Phoenix is going to act the shit out of a dark, character drama for two hours. I’m failing to see the downside here.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Joaquin Phoenix is going to act the shit out of a dark, character drama for two hours. I’m failing to see the downside here.
    The downside is that there have already been 7 movies derived from this children's comic. Apparently it's too much to ask to come up with a new, original character.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The downside is that there have already been 7 movies derived from this children's comic. Apparently it's too much to ask to come up with a new, original character.
    If it’s great acting, great directing, etc., does it matter?

Look, I’m with you on this all-star cast monstrosities with the comic books, but these character-driven dramas like this are excellent films.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

A Star Is Born is the fifth version of it. It doesn’t make it a bad movie.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

It's called an archetype and it's an awesome way to show an interesting narrative and character study. This character is no different than a criminal character study in any other movie, he just happens to live in Gotham City and wear clown makeup. Its the oldest type of literary and now cinematic formula that is based on 12 common traits of people and how they divide into freedom, ego, social, and order ethos. You focus too much on the setting and name instead of the underlying mechanics of the story and you will miss out on some cool shit that is as deep as an Terrance Malick film without the pretentious boring stuff.

Now granted for every deconstructed comic book movie there are 5 mind-numbing action fests that are simple good vs evil, but you can't dismiss any story because of the facade if the mechanics are sound. I'd argue if they took out The Joker title and just made it a movie about a guy slowly going mad in modern society it would basically be a modern take on Taxi Driver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

For Buff:

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    It's called an archetype and it's an awesome way to show an interesting narrative and character study. This character is no different than a criminal character study in any other movie, he just happens to live in Gotham City and wear clown makeup. Its the oldest type of literary and now cinematic formula that is based on 12 common traits of people and how they divide into freedom, ego, social, and order ethos. You focus too much on the setting and name instead of the underlying mechanics of the story and you will miss out on some cool shit that is as deep as an Terrance Malick film without the pretentious boring stuff.

Now granted for every deconstructed comic book movie there are 5 mind-numbing action fests that are simple good vs evil, but you can't dismiss any story because of the facade if the mechanics are sound. I'd argue if they took out The Joker title and just made it a movie about a guy slowly going mad in modern society it would basically be a modern take on Taxi Driver.
    Don't you lecture me about archetypes! I can dismiss whatever the **** I want!

I'll watch the damn movie - but you should all know that I'll do it grudgingly and am not happy about it!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Don't you lecture me about archetypes! I can dismiss whatever the **** I want!

I'll watch the damn movie - but you should all know that I'll do it grudgingly and am not happy about it!
    YAY! I have a whole thing about whether you though Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde was a "superhero" movie that I was going to write 5 paragraphs on, so thanks!

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I'm looking forward to seeing....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p15366809_p_v8_af.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	13969. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iBWNdGexh8eXHnISxh10a3DvAED.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	13970. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__57.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	13971. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BMmZlMmIwNjktOTI0OC00NDJkLTk5MjgtZDA5N2YwOTgyZDUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUyMTU0NDg@._V1_.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	13972. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BNjEyMjE5MTUwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzY0NTA0NzM@._V1_.jpg 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	13973

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The newest movie produced by Martin Scorsese and starring Joaquin Phoenix and Robert DeNiro. Buff will HAVE to see this one!

I actually find myself non interested in this. The trailer does nothing for me. Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p15366809_p_v8_af.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	13969. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iBWNdGexh8eXHnISxh10a3DvAED.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	13970. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__57.jpg 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	13971. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BMmZlMmIwNjktOTI0OC00NDJkLTk5MjgtZDA5N2YwOTgyZDUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUyMTU0NDg@._V1_.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	13972. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MV5BNjEyMjE5MTUwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzY0NTA0NzM@._V1_.jpg 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	13973

You forgot the most important one,,

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You forgot the most important one,,

Oh, definitely!

19. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Saw this pop-up in Netflix the other day, looking forward to watching it this weekend:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Saw this pop-up in Netflix the other day, looking forward to watching it this weekend:

It's horrible!!!

That guy is mentally ill

22. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    It's horrible!!!

That guy is mentally ill
    I watched it. My son is fascinated by flat earthers. He thinks they're hysterical. We had a lot of good laughs watching it.

It did totally destroy any notion I had of white supremacy, lotta white faces in a flat earth convention crowd.

24. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information