Page 28 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies your looking forward to?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I have yet to see a Fast and Furious movie and I am just puzzled how that series has grown so much in the past few years. From friends I know that have seen the series it sounds like only about 2-3 of the movies are worth the time. Funny how its getting better as it progresses, though.
    Ive been into the films since they began in 2001. Like you though, i kind of thought it would be short lived especially after 2 and 3 (although 3 is underrated). I like them all but i am enjoying the fact that they are expanding it by adding different characters and making it more than just about car racing. The additions of the Rock, Statham, and Jaa is a lot of fun. I believe this film is the first to bring Lucas Black (Toyko Drift) back into the series after so long but its cool how they tie everything together. I think that if you choose to watch them definitely start from the beginning otherwise you might get lost in the story.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ive been into the films since they began in 2001. Like you though, i kind of thought it would be short lived especially after 2 and 3 (although 3 is underrated). I like them all but i am enjoying the fact that they are expanding it by adding different characters and making it more than just about car racing. The additions of the Rock, Statham, and Jaa is a lot of fun. I believe this film is the first to bring Lucas Black (Toyko Drift) back into the series after so long but its cool how they tie everything together. I think that if you choose to watch them definitely start from the beginning otherwise you might get lost in the story.
    Not sure if I'd ever go back and watch them all, but I would like to check out the newer ones. I imagine its like James Bond where you can jump in and pick it up pretty easily, but you would probably like it more if you had the whole history to back up your viewing experience. I just can't image Tokyo Drift (the one I saw a bit of) adds much to the series overall. Man that movie seemed awful.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Not sure if I'd ever go back and watch them all, but I would like to check out the newer ones. I imagine its like James Bond where you can jump in and pick it up pretty easily, but you would probably like it more if you had the whole history to back up your viewing experience. I just can't image Tokyo Drift (the one I saw a bit of) adds much to the series overall. Man that movie seemed awful.
    I actually liked it but it took me a while to appreciate it. I think mainly because you get so attached to Walker's and Diesel's characters its hard to think of anyone else being in the forefront of the series. But, like i said that movie (and Furious 6) are key in terms of story to what happens in Furious 7.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Yeah - It was to the Fast and Furious series what American Pie Band Camp was to the American Pie series - some kind of weird spin off/add on that was totally crap yet still made someone a ton of cash

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I actually liked it but it took me a while to appreciate it. I think mainly because you get so attached to Walker's and Diesel's characters its hard to think of anyone else being in the forefront of the series. But, like i said that movie (and Furious 6) are key in terms of story to what happens in Furious 7.
    Gotcha. Maybe someday I will wade through all those movies. I still haven't seen any of the Harry Potter's but I did finally buy the books for my son. We are going to go through the books this summer then get the movies. It is just hard to jump into a movie series retroactively, especially when I thought it would have just died back in 2002!

7. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The new Star Wars trailer has me pumped, but Batman v Superman is a close second:

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Even though im not crazy about Leto's version of the Joker im actually more pumped for this than the Superman vs Batman movie.

#HarleyQuinnftw

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Even though im not crazy about Leto's version of the Joker im actually more pumped for this than the Superman vs Batman movie.

#HarleyQuinnftw

His Joker is going to be very similar to how he portrayed in the Suicide Squad comics and the Frank Miller runs that both movies are based on so I am PUMPED! That is the Joker that killed people for the hell of it, including the Adam Todd Robin (which was hinted at with the Robin suit with the Joker writing on it).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I_e20ffd_5526871.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	7547

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	7548

And I agree, I think Margot Robbie will absolutely steal that movie. I like how DC is skipping the origin stories and introducing everyone in a big chunk. DC's biggest advantage over Marvel is their villains so I hope Suicide Squad is as good as I think it will be.

14. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Mallbrats - due out next year. I never even knew this was on the cards.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I think you are crazy. Lost in the story? Fast and the Furious? Lost in the story??
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think you are crazy. Lost in the story? Fast and the Furious? Lost in the story??
    Yes. Lost in the story. Some of the characters and sequences of events are out of order.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Mallbrats - due out next year. I never even knew this was on the cards.
    That's not going to end well.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Looks so damn good. Much better fit for Reynolds who can be hit or miss with me.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information