Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Truth about LeBron James

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
    I don't like Kobe or Lebron. But Kobe is the better player.

Lebron is pretty dope though. Its like Manning and Brady in the NFL. Some say Manning and some say Brady.
    I agree it is like the Peyton/Brady comparison.

People think Brady is close to Manning and hes not... Peyton is much better.

People think Kobe is close to Lebron and hes not.

I will say im not so sure Lebron has as long of a career as Kobe because he relys so much on his athletic ability. Kobe can actually hit mid range jump shot.. Lebron in 7 years still hasnt gotten that down.
    Last edited by EMB6903; 05-13-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Marino is to Elway, what Manning is to Brady...and Kobe is to Lebron.

Elway 'better' than Marino (can do more with less. elevates game, just flat out wins, etc.)...

Brady 'better' than Manning (same)...

I'd take Elway/Brady over Marino/Manning every time if everything else is equal...

I'd take Kobe over Lebron right now too...again, everything else being equal.

(...nothing back in your face there, EMB...JMO )

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

To everyone their own opinions

Lebron is a power house, and gets the job done. Kobe is pure finesse and get's the job done. I think it's different style, but both dominate. Saying which is better " A or B " might be a little arbitrary. Cause so many things factor into it. Teammates, Coaches, System, etc...

Glad Kobe is still a Laker though.

4. The Following User High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post

Yea, not sure where he got the 4-2 from either.

Although didn't Lebron win game 5 last year when they were down 3-1 to Orlando?

So hes actually 2-4 in Elimination games I believe. I think he just has a slight case of dyslexia.

8 minutes left. Lets see what Lebron can do.
    JayCutler4MVP, you were correct in catching my mistake, LeBron's record was 2-4 in elimination games.

After last night, however, LeBron's record is now 2-5.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

eh
    I hate both Lebron and Kobe respectively
    but I wouldn't mind them on my team, moreso Kobe
    they at least get a few wins
    new boss....possibly better than old boss

I dunno. Well see what is what with him, once he plays with Rose and Noah, in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post

Elway 'better' than Marino (can do more with less. elevates game, just flat out wins, etc.)...

I'd take Elway/Brady over Marino/Manning every time if everything else is equal...

I dont get the Manning/Brady remark-Brady has had much more complete teams.

Lebron is going to New York to become a Knick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

**** James.

Im GLAD they lost.

He is everything that is wrong with too many of the pro sports players.

ME ME ME.

He's an arrogant cocky son of a bitch and in no way better than his contemporaries.

If anyone thinks he'd be a magic cure for the Knicks, that's not going to be the case. He'll put asses in the seats but they'll be no closer to a championship.

That's all management of the NYK cares about. Asses in the seats paying the $$ at MSG.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncolingus View Post

Brady is better then Manning because he can do more with less? what?

Pats in 2003, 2004, 2007 were better then any team Peyton Manning has ever played on. The year the Colts won the superbowl the defense was ranked in the 20s (scoring defense 23rd, total yards 21st)

As far as Kobe/LBJ debate.. May I ask why you think Kobe is a better player?

Offensively I'd have to go with Lebron James... Kobe is definately the better scorer as in my opinion hes the most versatile scorer in NBA history. Lebron is pretty limited as a scorer, his 3 point shot is over-rated and he has no midrange game what so ever..... yet he still has 2 scoring titles in his career (as many as Kobe ALREADY) because he is amazing at attacking the rim... Might not be as versatile but still more of a consistent scorer (Kobes a career 45%from the field, Lebron 47) Lebron is a MUCH better passer and rebounder as well.

Defensively? Ill take LBJ, Hes not the greatest man defender in the league but as a help defender hes a menace. Ive never seen a more intimidating presense on the fast break both offensively or defensively.

Kobes as over-rated of a defender as ive ever seen, Whenever hes asked to man up on one of the great scorers hes way too aggressive and gets into early foul trouble. How he remains on 1st team defenses year after year is an absolute joke to me. I can name dozens of perimeter defenders better then Kobe including the one on his team that got screwed.

As far as closing a game I'd still go with Kobe as he has done it time and time again but its closer then people think... after all Lebron has led the league in 4th quarter scoring the last 3 seasons in a row.

Overall its LBJ though... and as previously mentioned hes ONLY 25... at 25 Kobe wasnt nearly as dominant as Lebron is.

As for the people hating on Lebron's "me me" attitude... who cares how he acts off the court... hes never hated on his teammates, never has a teammate ever complained about him. On the court hes one of the most unselfish superstars in the league, averaging over 8 assists a game as a forward is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    Lebron is going to New York to become a Knick.
    If winning and salary is LeBron's desire he will go to Chicago-if being a farce in a circus is his desire he will go to the Nets, or the Knicks

Pats in 2003, 2004, 2007 were better then any team Peyton Manning has ever played on. The year the Colts won the superbowl the defense was ranked in the 20s (scoring defense 23rd, total yards 21st)

Offensively I'd have to go with Lebron James... Kobe is definately the better scorer as in my opinion hes the most versatile scorer in NBA history. Lebron is pretty limited as a scorer, his 3 point shot is over-rated and he has no midrange game what so ever..... yet he still has 2 scoring titles in his career (as many as Kobe ALREADY) because he is amazing at attacking the rim... Might not be as versatile but still more of a consistent scorer (Kobes a career 45%from the field, Lebron 47) Lebron is a MUCH better passer and rebounder as well.

Defensively? Ill take LBJ, Hes not the greatest man defender in the league but as a help defender hes a menace. Ive never seen a more intimidating presense on the fast break both offensively or defensively.

Kobes as over-rated of a defender as ive ever seen, Whenever hes asked to man up on one of the great scorers hes way too aggressive and gets into early foul trouble. How he remains on 1st team defenses year after year is an absolute joke to me. I can name dozens of perimeter defenders better then Kobe including the one on his team that got screwed.

As far as closing a game I'd still go with Kobe as he has done it time and time again but its closer then people think... after all Lebron has led the league in 4th quarter scoring the last 3 seasons in a row.

Overall its LBJ though... and as previously mentioned hes ONLY 25... at 25 Kobe wasnt nearly as dominant as Lebron is.

As for the people hating on Lebron's "me me" attitude... who cares how he acts off the court... hes never hated on his teammates, never has a teammate ever complained about him. On the court hes one of the most unselfish superstars in the league, averaging over 8 assists a game as a forward is insane.
    I think that LeBron's jumper is much improved-as is his 3 point shooting. No one is calling him the next Bird in that respect, but it is respectable. Take into account how strong he finishes at the rim-coupled with his defense, and rebounding, and I will take LeBron no doubt.

Gonna be great to see him and Rose play together. May be a little unfair-all that speed and youth. And the second chance points that Noah's rebounding will bring.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I also heard the other day that Boston has plenty of cap room for James - do not know if that is a true statement or not.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Child Please.

In elimination games he is 4-2 and averages an NBA record 32 points in those games, along with 8 boards and 7 assists. Is he overhyped? Maybe. But he's still far and away the best player in the NBA.
    I still like Kobe better than James at this point. I think both players have issues since they came straight from high school to the pros but i dont think that Lebron has taken the extra step necessary to better those around him like Kobe has.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Manning has had Wayne and Harrison for a lot of his career

While Brady was winning Superbowls with Givens, Branch, Patten, ect...

I'd take Brady over Manning any day of the week.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information