Thread: Strange thing happening to incoming emails

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Strange thing happening to incoming emails

When I logged on this morning, there were 3 new emails yesterday in my inbox which I did not open. This morning, they are there, but all that is showing now is the date and time received - not from who, nor a subject. When I click on one, there is absolutely nothing there. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. This also has happened before, and I have many older emails with the same problem.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

What email program/service are you using?

Adopted Bronco:
    D.J. Williams // Demaryius Thomas // Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    When I logged on this morning, there were 3 new emails yesterday in my inbox which I did not open. This morning, they are there, but all that is showing now is the date and time received - not from who, nor a subject. When I click on one, there is absolutely nothing there. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. This also has happened before, and I have many older emails with the same problem.
    Watch out for a phishing attack from hackers that send e-mails just for that...

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    What email program/service are you using?
    Internet - Qwest, email msn - Microsoft Office Outlook, Mozilla Firefox

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

I have also found that when someone tries to negate the email they sent, that is what shows up. Time/date, but no longer the message or who it came from...
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Delete and ignore unless it's someone you are expecting email from. You might send an email if it is someone you recognize but do not reply ever.

Kind of hare to know who it's from if there is nothing but sent time and date.

Does this happen in all of those programs and methods of viewing email on the same emails or is it inconsistent across some programs or methods and only some of the time.

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here. I am asking if those emails are consistently like that across all the ways you look at emails or not.
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    Delete and ignore unless it's someone you are expecting email from. You might send an email if it is someone you recognize but do not reply ever.

Kind of hare to know who it's from if there is nothing but sent time and date.

Does this happen in all of those programs and methods of viewing email on the same emails or is it inconsistent across some programs or methods and only some of the time.

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say here. I am asking if those emails are consistently like that across all the ways you look at emails or not.
    I delete any email if I do not recognize who they are from. I receive a lot of emails, all from people I know. What is strange is this started happening a few months ago. All of a sudden, in my inbox there are old messages which I have kept, and above them there are at least 30, which when they came thru, I could see who from, subject, etc., but that has all disappeared, and then scattered throughout my inbox are other emails that the same thing has happened to. I was using outlook express, and then I received a message that outlook express would no longer be supported, and I needed to install outlook connector. As I know very little about this kind of stuff, I talked with my son, who also has msn, and he said he received the same message, so he sat things up for me, and I now use microsoft outlook.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I delete any email if I do not recognize who they are from. I receive a lot of emails, all from people I know. What is strange is this started happening a few months ago. All of a sudden, in my inbox there are old messages which I have kept, and above them there are at least 30, which when they came thru, I could see who from, subject, etc., but that has all disappeared, and then scattered throughout my inbox are other emails that the same thing has happened to. I was using outlook express, and then I received a message that outlook express would no longer be supported, and I needed to install outlook connector. As I know very little about this kind of stuff, I talked with my son, who also has msn, and he said he received the same message, so he sat things up for me, and I now use microsoft outlook.
    If you are using MSN check this discussion on this issue out. I don't know if it's the same one you're experiencing but it may very well be.

It looks like you need to download an updated connector for outlook. You should have someone like your son help you if you don't have the know how yourself. If you scroll down a little way there are links to the downloads you need for that.

Hope this helps.
    Merry.

9. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    If you are using MSN check this discussion on this issue out. I don't know if it's the same one you're experiencing but it may very well be.

It looks like you need to download an updated connector for outlook. You should have someone like your son help you if you don't have the know how yourself. If you scroll down a little way there are links to the downloads you need for that.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks - I sent the link to my son. I did read what was posted on the link and they said they receive blank emails. Mine are not blank when first received, but at some point, some of them go blank?????? Since they all agreed that it was an outlook connector problem, and that is when mine started, it sure sounds like outlook connector has caused my problem.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Thanks - I sent the link to my son. I did read what was posted on the link and they said they receive blank emails. Mine are not blank when first received, but at some point, some of them go blank?????? Since they all agreed that it was an outlook connector problem, and that is when mine started, it sure sounds like outlook connector has caused my problem.
    Gald I may have helped and hopefully it won't be to hard for you to solve the problem.
    Merry.

12. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

carol, the most important thing is that you never, EVER open any emails from clay!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I have no answer if it happened in your web-based email. I will state that a few
    days ago, in my Windows Mail (successor to Outlook Express), I opened my
    Inbox and saw the May messages, went to another folder, then returned to
    read it, and they were gone, all of the May ones. All of the previous, April and
    before, were still there . . . just the May ones were gone. They weren't in the
    delete folder or anywhere . . . just gone.

That evening, I ran a virus scan on my system and came up with a Trojan. Now,
    I don't know whether or not that was a coincidence. But you might do that,
    that is, as I implied, if it happened in your Outlook.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I have no answer if it happened in your web-based email. I will state that a few
    days ago, in my Windows Mail (successor to Outlook Express), I opened my
    Inbox and saw the May messages, went to another folder, then returned to
    read it, and they were gone, all of the May ones. All of the previous, April and
    before, were still there . . . just the May ones were gone. They weren't in the
    delete folder or anywhere . . . just gone.

That evening, I ran a virus scan on my system and came up with a Trojan. Now,
    I don't know whether or not that was a coincidence. But you might do that,
    that is, as I implied, if it happened in your Outlook.

-----
    I use microsoft office outlook, and a while back, I could not get on the internet, and my son cleaned up everything, and installed microsoft security essentials and malwarebytes anti malware (both free), and they both found things. But that did not bring back my missing emails. When my son has time, he is going to do some research, and then come over and see what he can do. It has happened since outlook connector was installed.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I use microsoft office outlook, and a while back, I could not get on the internet, and my son cleaned up everything, and installed microsoft security essentials and malwarebytes anti malware (both free), and they both found things. But that did not bring back my missing emails. When my son has time, he is going to do some research, and then come over and see what he can do. It has happened since outlook connector was installed.
    Just as a side note, I have found that, while Malewarebytes picks up things
    other programs don't, it does not pick up things others do. For malware and
    spyware, I use that program in conjunction with Ad-Aware and Spybot Search &
    Destroy, running each at least once a week. They all pick up things the others
    don't, and all are free.

That is not to say this is your specific problem, however. Regarding my own, I
    never did recover my lost messages, but at least the program stopped deleting
    them. Perhaps an uninstall/reinstall is in order. I'm sure your son will figure it
    out. Sorry I can't be of more help in that area . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

18. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information