Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Hogan's fave albums (all genres) A-G

Adopted Bronco:

I think putting any Beatles albums on a list is completely redundant. Can we just agree that the Beatles work was brilliant and assume most of us love it.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think putting any Beatles albums on a list is completely redundant. Can we just agree that the Beatles work was brilliant and assume most of us love it.
    Nope, because, if one looks at the catalog objectively and outside of the legend, one finds that not everything the band did was brilliant. There are a handful of spotty Beatles albums, believe it or not (especially if you include the US releases) and there are a couple in there that have legendary status based purely on rep alone (like Sgt. Peppers, which once you get past the studio trickery that wowed everyone in 1967..is a pretty flimsy concept album at best).

All the great ones dropped a bomb now and then, The Beatles were no exception.

3. The Following User High Fived Hogan11 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan11 View Post
    Nope, because, if one looks at the catalog objectively and outside of the legend, one finds that not everything the band did was brilliant. There are a handful of spotty Beatles albums, believe it or not (especially if you include the US releases) and there are a couple in there that have legendary status based purely on rep alone (like Sgt. Peppers, which once you get past the studio trickery that wowed everyone in 1967..is a pretty flimsy concept album at best).

It's hard to follow what was on and what wasn't on U.S. vs. U.K. releases of their early albums...I can't rattle it off the top of my head to you by any means. I think, in the long term, that that did kind of hurt the band. Certain songs, which came to be hidden gems, may not have been on the U.S. releases.

I'm sure this was a typical practice in those days...but, I obviously wasn't alive...and the only real reading I've done during that time period is on the Beatles.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

I guess my point is that anyone will most likely have Beatles records on their list...and typically the same ones. Not saying EVERYTHING they did was a masterpiece, but the better ones are likely loved by all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Orton's plasma

Gentlemen & Black Love were a couple of the very few concept albums that worked. Yup, Greg Dulli knows the ins and outs of broken relationships...great voice as well. I had the chance to see them in Syracuse for the 1965 tour but was scared off by a snowstorm...never got the chance to see them again. I kick myself for whimping out to this day. Great stuff.
    Dont kick yourself Hogan. Chargers fans will be doing that possibly for years for wimping out on a little rain for their first home playoff win in 13 years. They might be waiting a little longer too.

Here is an album that is so mysterious to why just one and then vanish. Trying to find info on Google is tough. Band is Reacharound with their big hit "Big Chair". Damn good harmonica too. I always like Stabbing Westward. NIN or Ministry style.

Quote Originally Posted by BCJ View Post
    Dont kick yourself Hogan. Chargers fans will be doing that possibly for years for wimping out on a little rain for their first home playoff win in 13 years. They might be waiting a little longer too.

Here is an album that is so mysterious to why just one and then vanish. Trying to find info on Google is tough. Band is Reacharound with their big hit "Big Chair". Damn good harmonica too. I always like Stabbing Westward. NIN or Ministry style.
    I've never heard of Reacharound. I'll have to check into that.

Maybe the Whigs will reunite someday and tour. If they do and it comes anywhere near me, I'll definitely make the rtip to check it out...the old footage on you tube is impressive to say the least.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Yeah mariah Carey may end up having more #1 hits than the Beatles

No Styx or Foreigner?
    In Elway We Trust

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information