Poll: Should we have a Septic Tank/Horses Butt area?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A Septic Tank/Horse's Butt

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Default A Septic Tank/Horse's Butt

I know this has cropped up in other conversations, but one subforum we do not have here is what on some other sites is called the Horse's Butt, or the Septic Tank. This is used as a holding area for especially dumb or useless threads that don't quite warrant deletion, but which deserve some kind of Siberian Gulag to be exiled to. I'm thinking of threads such as the infamous "Kyle Orton blood donation" piece back in the regular season, faked articles, useless rumors, etc.

Do you think this is a worthwhile idea? How should it be used if so?
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

2. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I know this has cropped up in other conversations, but one subforum we do not have here is what on some other sites is called the Horse's Butt, or the Septic Tank. This is used as a holding area for especially dumb or useless threads that don't quite warrant deletion, but which deserve some kind of Siberian Gulag to be exiled to. I'm thinking of threads such as the infamous "Kyle Orton blood donation" piece back in the regular season, faked articles, useless rumors, etc.

Do you think this is a worthwhile idea? How should it be used if so?
    Questions - this would be an area where threads are moved to, but others can post in them? If so, would the rules be similar to those in the smack area, which seem to be a little more relaxed than in some other areas?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Questions - this would be an area where threads are moved to, but others can post in them? If so, would the rules be similar to those in the smack area, which seem to be a little more relaxed than in some other areas?
    Good question; I would think so, but then again we can make things how we want them, right? When a former member posted that Kyle Orton should be fined for giving blood during a blood drive he was taken to the virtual woodshed, all in all well justified IMO. In that case it seems to me that allowing continued posts would be a good thing

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Works for me I like donkeys butt, for a name so we do not have the same name as some other forums.

The latest one on the fake "espn artical" would be the poster child, for this type an area.
    Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

6. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Good question; I would think so, but then again we can make things how we want them, right? When a former member posted that Kyle Orton should be fined for giving blood during a blood drive he was taken to the virtual woodshed, all in all well justified IMO. In that case it seems to me that allowing continued posts would be a good thing
    I would think that the only way it would make sense to have an area like this is if the original thread was open for replies. Also, by the time a mod notices a thread which belongs in this area, or by the time the thread is reported, there could already be a number of posts in the thread. So, to me, it would need to be open for replies.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I am worried a certain mod would put anything anti establishment in the Horses ass section.

Otherwise Im all for it.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I am worried a certain mod would put anything anti establishment in the Horses ass section.

Otherwise Im all for it.
    I don't think we would have that kind of power to just move something without a short discussion on the matter. One of the kinks to work out, but I would hope that would not be an issue.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I don't think we would have that kind of power to just move something without a short discussion on the matter. One of the kinks to work out, but I would hope that would not be an issue.
    Agreed - I don't think we'd need any kind of College of Cardinals type lengthy ban discussion, but at least a couple of Mods or so in agreement. Just a thought

12. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm not against it.

Could have used this on 04/01/2010.

15. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm all for it, keeps all the bullshit from cluttering general discussion.

I'm for it in theory. My only question/concern would be how threads are moved to it. On some other forums, I have seen some inconsistancy in what is moved and it seems to vary based on the mod that moves it (on the other sites).

We have to make sure it's not opinion based. I'll pick on Gem for a second, only to illustrate my concern, not because she would actually do this.

She and I tend to disagree on a number of current Broncos issues (she's wrong of course, and I'm right ). So, let's say I created a thread about how McDaniels screwed up trading Cutler and Marshall and laid out my case for that. I know Gem wouldn't agree with my take, so she decides that's a dead horse that has been beaten to death, let's move it to Siberia.

I have seen this type of thing happen on other forums, where a given mod that disagrees with a topic, or rehashing something, moves it to Siberia.

So, I like the concept, but we have to figure out, if we want to implement it, how we come up with some guidelines to only move threads that actually deserve to be there.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I'm for it. I think it should be an opt-in forum so we don't have to see it come up in the "new posts" search though.

I also think that it would be obvious which threads should be moved into it by the replies that it gets. If all the replies are beating up the OP for starting a stupid thread then it should be moved. If serious discussions are going on then it should not be moved.
    Merry.

19. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I always felt honored if a thread I created ended up in the sewer. It's a badge of honor, really.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm for it. I think it should be an opt-in forum so we don't have to see it come up in the "new posts" search though.

I also think that it would be obvious which threads should be moved into it by the replies that it gets. If all the replies are beating up the OP for starting a stupid thread then it should be moved. If serious discussions are going on then it should not be moved.
    I can eliminate it from New Posts without adding it as an opt-in, but it would remove it from everyone's new posts. Opt-in would allow people to essentially choose whether or not it shows up in their opt-in.

23. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information