Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ray Lewis "shocked" by the help Tim Tebow has received

Default Ray Lewis "shocked" by the help Tim Tebow has received

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-has-received/

We've previously pointed out that Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow could spark contempt and resentment in an NFL locker room. Recent comments from Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis hone in on one of the specific potential sources for the hard feelings players may have for Tebow.

That Tebow is somehow better or more worthy than the rest of them.

Asked by ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd whether Lewis was shocked by the media attention on the Tebow story prior to the draft, Lewis said (via NFL.com), "The thing I was more shocked by is you see all the people who were willing to help him. I don't know many people who were willing to help other athletes like that. Jon Gruden loved him to death. You see all these people who took out their personal time to really work with him and make this big issue, big issue, big issue. I don't know why he was any different than anyone else. Every young child has that dream, that same dream that Tebow had. So I don't know why he was bigger . . . than any of the other guys.

"He went to a big program, and, yes, he might be a favorable person, but nobody else in the league, definitely not veteran players, see themselves differently than any other player."

Though Lewis stopped short of saying that this will make Tebow a target of opposing defenders (the Broncos play at Baltimore on October 10), Tebow's bigger concern should be ironing out any hard feelings that may arise in his own locker room, where others may not be thrilled by the budding love affair between Tebow and the fan base and/or Tebow and the head coach, who proclaimed this week that Tebow has the "it" factor.

Again, it all comes down to how Tebow handles himself. And though others might see Tebow "differently than any other player," we don't believe Tebow carries himself in a way that suggests that he sees himself differently. And we think that if Tebow handles himself the way he always has, he'll win his teammates over and, in time, his foes.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mr D For This Post:

He received a lot of 'extra help' because he's very affable and also has made it clear he wants to get better.

He asked Kiper why he couldn't be a good NFL QB, and did it in a polite manner.

He wowed a lot of teams who brought him in, including the team that drafted him.

He has a tremendous work ethic and has produced.

Oh yeah, he didn't stab anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I wonder if the murderer finds it shocking that Suh, McCoy and Rolle all had special shows following them around, which Tebow didnt, and Bradford and Claussen also had special shows from Gruden on E!SPN?
    As a matter of fact, the Gruden show with Claussen apparently HURT him! I guess his responses were not what coaches wanted to hear. Huh. No stabbing though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Lewis should just be happy he's even in the NFL and not in jail for murder, not bitching about the attention a rookie that's not even on his team gets. What crawled up his ass and died?

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Lewis should just be happy he's even in the NFL and not in jail for murder, not bitching about the attention a rookie that's not even on his team gets. What crawled up his ass and died?
    The hill is approaching and he needs some attention?

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I would guess that he's butthurt over Joe Flacco not getting extra love or something like that.

I do find it funny that a guy who makes it so apparent that he's his team's leader talks about guys just seeing themselves as guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

It's really not that surprising.

People are helping him because they know Tebow will give more dedication than any other player and work harder than any other player. The return on investment is at a high % in most people's eyes when it comes to Tim Tebow. If he succeed, they can add him to their resume.

Even with people helping Tebow out that don't need him on their resume - it's the fact that they know Tebow will give everything he has and that last drop of sweat and blood.

Kobe Bryant is in the same boat when it comes to this.

There is a well known private trainer amongst the top players in the NBA, I'll get his name later... but he denied to work with any of the top players in the playoffs... but when it came to Kobe he accepted it and went on to TRAVEL WITH KOBE THROUGHOUT THE PLAYOFFS, because he knew Kobe's work ethic was on another level and that he would give 150% and would not let him down.

That is why Tebow is getting help - because he has "IT."

He has that mentality that he won't let anyone down and he will work harder than anyone and he will do what it takes to be #1.

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived Mr D For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Netane Muti

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He received a lot of 'extra help' because he's very affable and also has made it clear he wants to get better.

He asked Kiper why he couldn't be a good NFL QB, and did it in a polite manner.

He wowed a lot of teams who brought him in, including the team that drafted him.

He has a tremendous work ethic and has produced.

Oh yeah, he didn't stab anyone.
    Word!

Most of the time......Good things happen to good people.

It is no wonder Ray Lewis doesn't have a clue.
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

13. The Following 8 Users High Fived broncophan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

Jealousy
    Thanks Shake!

15. The Following User High Fived Dirk For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

If Tewbow played college ball at Miami I doubt he would have any issues with this...............

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Lewis didn't stab anyone. Lewis didn't murder anyone. If you don't like his opinion, fine. But quit calling people a murderer. Its pretty disgusting.

Although I get taht some think its 'jealousy'... let's remember that Ray Lewis is considered one of the greatest leaders in the NFL, and probably one of the very greatest leaders in the history of the game. Not only that, people from teams all over the league go to Ray Lewis for personal advice, whether thats spiritual..financial...or social.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 05-07-2010 at 09:53 AM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I dont HATE ray lewis, but I really really dont like the guy.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

People want to work with someone if they believe he has a chance to be great. Especially if they know he will work his ass off and they aren't wasting their time. Ray Lewis is a christian too so I'm surprised he said that. And Tebow does not have an ego so he asks people to help and is very coachable. It doesn't take a genius to see that, Ray.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncobryce For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Lewis didn't stab anyone. Lewis didn't murder anyone. If you don't like his opinion, fine. But quit calling people a murderer. Its pretty disgusting.

Although I get taht some think its 'jealousy'... let's remember that Ray Lewis is considered one of the greatest leaders in the NFL, and probably one of the very greatest leaders in the history of the game. Not only that, people from teams all over the league go to Ray Lewis for personal advice, whether thats spiritual..financial...or social.
    If you choose to believe his story, then you can quit calling him a murderer. He got off, his 2 friends sit in prison. Rumors are that he paid them to take the fall, he by all means has the means to do so. So technically, he pleaded to lesser charges...but no one pulls the wool over the judicial systems eyes, right.

So he's one of the greatest leaders blah blah blah...then go lead YOUR team. No reason to throw another guy under the bus because he is having some good fortune.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information