Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Klis' Broncos Mailbag: McDaniels calling his own shots

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I understand that a lot people feel that maneuvering was brilliant. I guess at this moment it looks good because he got the players he wanted. However it is ultimately tied to the success of Tebow and Thomas. If Tebow and Thomas go on to have successful careers that legitimize it as truly brilliant maneuvering. If they don't I think it will not seen as brilliant.

That aside the most important thing to me is that both of these guys are in the fold and that they develop into cornerstones that make Denver contender and hopefully a winner for years to come.
    Um, no.

Even if they "fail," the maneuvering would still be brilliant, and nothing will take away from that fact alone. It's one thing to maneuver around the board, get who you want, and essentially end up with more than you originally had.

The players you pick are based on your player/scouting evaluations and grading. Your ability to get them - is something else.

It's one thing to spot great players - and it's another thing to maneuver around to get them.

2. The Following User High Fived Mr D For This Post:

ME I would have taken them without all the maneuvering to get them in the RIGHT spot.

What is the difference their contract money?

Seems not so bright IF you think they are the players you want WHY risk lodging them to another team?

If they turn out to be studs then you are hero IF they do not you are going to be crushed by the mead for taking the risk and moving around like bumper cars.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I understand that a lot people feel that maneuvering was brilliant. I guess at this moment it looks good because he got the players he wanted. However it is ultimately tied to the success of Tebow and Thomas. If Tebow and Thomas go on to have successful careers that legitimize it as truly brilliant maneuvering. If they don't I think it will not seen as brilliant.

That aside the most important thing to me is that both of these guys are in the fold and that they develop into cornerstones that make Denver contender and hopefully a winner for years to come.
    Definitely. If they tank than its a WHOLE other story.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Shackleford View Post
    Why is Mike Klis qualified to write on the Broncos, if he, since the draft 10 days ago, has not watched film on Syd'Quan Thompson and Perrish Cox, let alone Tim Tebow? I seriously don't get this. Why is he deemed worthy enough to be one of the highest paid Broncos reporters in my city? How can he make these judgements?

I was thinking along the same lines while reading this. How is Klis going to answer with what is supposed to be his opinions if he hasn't watched any film on the guys in the questions.
    Thanks Shake!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Definitely. If they tank than its a WHOLE other story.
    Exactl, the reality is people remember it as terrific maneuvering if they succeed. If they don't there wont to many people saying the was a fine bit maneuvering even though those guys are a bust.

My hope is that these guys have long and distinguished careers.

8. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Exactl, the reality is people remember it as terrific maneuvering if they succeed. If they don't there wont to many people saying the was a fine bit maneuvering even though those guys are a bust.

My hope is that these guys have long and distinguished careers.

Same.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information