Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Your top 25 metal albums of alltime?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    That is a good album although i prefer Morbid Tales. But Into the Pandemonium is a great record. Good call.
    Yeah, there were a couple lyrics from Morbid Tales that I'd hear in my head over & over for years afterward. Always a good sign. :-) It's just that as I've gotten a little older (mid-40s now) I lean more toward a more polished, more fully developed sound (like Pandemonium) instead of the rougher, more raw Tales.

Regards,
    m.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by sisterhellfyre View Post
    Yeah, there were a couple lyrics from Morbid Tales that I'd hear in my head over & over for years afterward. Always a good sign. :-) It's just that as I've gotten a little older (mid-40s now) I lean more toward a more polished, more fully developed sound (like Pandemonium) instead of the rougher, more raw Tales.

Regards,
    m.
    Awesome, im always glad to see other people who are still listening to metal well into their later years. Im 38 and havent slowed down a bit in terms of listening to it. Thrashing around in the pit however is a bit more challenging on the body nowadays.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Awesome, im always glad to see other people who are still listening to metal well into their later years. Im 38 and havent slowed down a bit in terms of listening to it. Thrashing around in the pit however is a bit more challenging on the body nowadays.
    Slow down? Oh, no, not much. My roomie and I are going to see Iron Maiden in Tacoma on June 1st. From what I hear they're focusing on the classic 80s albums for this tour, but have rearranged the songs to make the best use of the guitar trio. Should be an awesome show. I can't wait. :-)

Regards,
    m.

5. The Following User High Fived sisterhellfyre For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by sisterhellfyre View Post
    Slow down? Oh, no, not much. My roomie and I are going to see Iron Maiden in Tacoma on June 1st. From what I hear they're focusing on the classic 80s albums for this tour, but have rearranged the songs to make the best use of the guitar trio. Should be an awesome show. I can't wait. :-)

Regards,
    m.
    Enjoy it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

three pages and no ride the lightning. . .

damn, i'm old!

at least coach threw among the living out there. . . i'm a little surprised that pantera's vulgar display of power hasn't been mentioned, either. . .

where the hell is keithbishop? that guy is one of the most hardcore metal fans alive. . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    three pages and no ride the lightning. . .

damn, i'm old!

at least coach threw among the living out there. . . i'm a little surprised that pantera's vulgar display of power hasn't been mentioned, either. . .

where the hell is keithbishop? that guy is one of the most hardcore metal fans alive. . .

I see Keith a lot at Broncomania but havent seen him here on this forum yet. As for Pantera, Cowboys would make my top 100 but i doubt that anything else in their catalog would. Vulgar was a decent album but doesnt move me like CFH does. Same with Ride the Lightning.

Adopted Bronco:

Pantera is tough. Collectively, they were an awesome band and the leader in my ticket stub collection. (seen them 14 times) CFH was a pioneer album in that it brought hardcore American metal back to life. All the others were awesome...except maybe Reinventing the Steel, but CFH still holds a special place.

Time for a top 10 metal bands thread.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information