Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Champions League

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    Pure luck against Besiktas, we're gonna' beat Slavia Prague 9-0 tonight anyway so who cares about your win?

By the way, I still don't think your going to get past the group stages.
    Well you managed it with was it nil points after 3 games a few years back?

Still a long way to go, and could have done with a Marseille win or a draw, but we're still in with a shout, and Porto won't be fancying coming to Anfield in 3 weeks

Besides, along with AC, we've got the best record in Europe over the last three years, we've got to give someone else a chance

Besides, since all the European Cups won by English sides reside north of Birmingham, it's about time a southern club actually did something in Europe's top competition
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Default Matchday 4, Part II

Following on from Liverpool's record breaking game last night

Group E

P W D L F A GD PTS
    1 Barcelona 3 2 1 0 5 0 5 7
    2 Rangers 3 2 1 0 5 1 4 7
    3 Lyon 3 1 0 2 2 6 -4 3
    4 VfB Stuttgart 3 0 0 3 1 6 -5 0

Tonight ~ Barcelona v Rangers, Lyon v VfB Stuttgart
    Stuttgart can be eliminated from Europe tonight, one of football's strange quirks is that in six attempts, Barcelona have never beaten a Scottish side at home

Group F

P W D L F A GD PTS
    1 Man Utd 3 3 0 0 6 2 4 9
    2 Roma 3 2 0 1 4 2 2 6
    3 Sporting 3 1 0 2 3 4 -1 3
    4 Dynamo Kiev 3 0 0 3 3 8 -5 0

Tonight's games ~ Man Utd v Dynamo Kiev, Sporting v Roma

Manure can eliminate Kiev, whilst ensuring their own passage into the knockout phase.

Group G

P W D L F A GD PTS
    1 Inter Milan 3 2 0 1 4 2 2 6
    2 Fenerbahce 3 1 2 0 3 2 1 5
    3 PSV 3 1 1 1 2 3 -1 4
    4 CSKA Moscow 3 0 1 2 4 6 -2 1

Tonight's games ~ Fenerbahce v PSV, Inter Milan v CSKA Moscow

Most open group in the bottom half of the draw, CSKA can be eliminated from the CL, but remain in contention for the UEFA Cup.

Group H

P W D L F A GD PTS
    1 Arsenal 3 3 0 0 11 0 11 9
    2 Sevilla 3 2 0 1 6 6 0 6
    3 Slavia Prague 3 1 0 2 4 12 -8 3
    4 Steaua Bucharest 3 0 0 3 2 5 -3 0

Tonight's games ~ Slavia Prague v Arsenal, Steaua Bucharest v Sevilla

Arsenal can qualify for the knockouts, Steaua can be eliminated from Europe.
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    Well you managed it with was it nil points after 3 games a few years back?
    Yeah but we're Arsenal and your Liverpool, there's a big difference.

Still a long way to go, and could have done with a Marseille win or a draw, but we're still in with a shout, and Porto won't be fancying coming to Anfield in 3 weeks
    Emphasis goes on " a shout "

Besides, since all the European Cups won by English sides reside north of Birmingham, it's about time a southern club actually did something in Europe's top competition
    Well, we have to give you northerners some feeling of modern civilization.

(I'm pulling your leg, although I wouldn't be suprised if you didn't make it to the knock out rounds.)

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Yeah but we're Arsenal and your Liverpool, there's a big difference.
    You're right, there's a massive difference........................

We've actually won it

Emphasis goes on " a shout "

Well, we have to give you northerners some feeling of modern civilization.

(I'm pulling your leg, although I wouldn't be suprised if you didn't make it to the knock out rounds.)
    Solid result for you lot, I think that's enough to see you through to the knockouts, isn't it?

We'll just concern ourselves with Porto now, they won't fancy coming to Anfield now...............we beat them and I'll be pretty confident of getting a result against Marseille.

Enough of Europe though, our most important game is now Fulham on Saturday evening.........................how much do you want to bet that seven of our goals (Crouch, Benayoun & Babel) will start on the bench

Still, I can't criticise Rafa for his rotation, that's how he won the league in Spain, and we knew that when he gave him the job...................besides, despite what the press say, he doesn't actually rotate anymore than Demento & Moanhino do (did)
    You'll Never Walk Alone

You're right, there's a massive difference........................

We've actually won it
    Fair enough. Of course we've been too busy winning Premierships and going whole seasons unbeaten to have time for the Champions League.

Solid result for you lot, I think that's enough to see you through to the knockouts, isn't it?

We'll just concern ourselves with Porto now, they won't fancy coming to Anfield now...............we beat them and I'll be pretty confident of getting a result against Marseille.

Enough of Europe though, our most important game is now Fulham on Saturday evening.........................how much do you want to bet that seven of our goals (Crouch, Benayoun & Babel) will start on the bench

Still, I can't criticise Rafa for his rotation, that's how he won the league in Spain, and we knew that when he gave him the job...................besides, despite what the press say, he doesn't actually rotate anymore than Demento & Moanhino do (did)
    We're through, the reserves managed to pull through in the difficult conditions.

My opinion is that if you score the game before, you should start the next game. I understand Rafa rotating his players but I think he rotates a little too much. You should beat Fulham in my opinion.

Hey my English Bros...
    Is there some place for a french point here?

If think we can't count out the Reds right now... Moreover, Marseille sucks !
    Gunners have a good team... Too bad they didn't do it yet... (why did you lose against Barcelona???? LOL).

Lyon-Stuttgart was a great game... 6 goals and at least 4 or 5 saved by the keeper of each team

Lyon can do it but it will be very very tough... 2 wins and they will be in the next round... But they have to beat Barcelona (at Lyon) and Rangers (at Rangers)... If they do it then I would propose Alain Perrin (Lyon's coach) as Broncos head-coach !

Froggy's back !

Gunners have a good team... Too bad they didn't do it yet... (why did you lose against Barcelona???? LOL).
    Because they cheated and the referee was ****.

I'm ready to create the UEFA Cup thread when Liverpool don't make it Den .

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

I'm ready to create the UEFA Cup thread when Liverpool don't make it Den .
    To be honest, I'd rather go out completely................although kicking the BS out of Europe does have a certain, perverse appeal

Have you seen that UEFA want to change the UEFA Cup format again, make it more like the CL?

Uefa Cup may face format change
    You'll Never Walk Alone

To be honest, I'd rather go out completely................although kicking the BS out of Europe does have a certain, perverse appeal

Have you seen that UEFA want to change the UEFA Cup format again, make it more like the CL?

Uefa Cup may face format change

Interesting about UEFA wanting to change the UEFA Cup. I like how the Champions League is set out currently so I wouldn't mind them changing the UEFA Cup. Of course I don't really care when Arsenal are in the Champions League.

Champions League Football tommorow!

Shame that the run had to end. We haven't lost in all competitions since April 2007.

I guess it's what you get when you DON'T PLAY YOUR FULL STRENGTH TEAM! We are going to end up playing Barcelona or Inter Milan in the first round at this rate. Got to hope the Sevilla mess up in Prague (what's the likelyhood of that? )

By the way, Daniel Alves is possibly the most OVER rated player ever.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Shame that the run had to end. We haven't lost in all competitions since April 2007.

I guess it's what you get when you DON'T PLAY YOUR FULL STRENGTH TEAM! We are going to end up playing Barcelona or Inter Milan in the first round at this rate. Got to hope the Sevilla mess up in Prague (what's the likelyhood of that? )

By the way, Daniel Alves is possibly the most OVER rated player ever.
    One never knows

You get to the last sixteen, and you never know, there are going to be some damned good sides that only finish 2nd, so it probably doesn't make any difference from that perspective, finishing first's biggest advantage, IMO, is that you get to play the away leg first, which is always a bonus.

Didn't see any football tonight, too busy doing geeky gadgetry stuff, but I've seen Alves play some pretty good games, maybe you just caught him on an off night?
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Goddamit, we're making bloody hard work of this

Edit ~ That's better
    Last edited by Den21vsBal19; 11-28-2007 at 04:25 PM.
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Final round of matches tonight, only 6 games as Group D was played to a finish last week

UEFA Champions League : Group A Table

P W D L F A GD PTS
    1 FC Porto 5 2 2 1 6 7 -1 8
    2 Marseille 5 2 1 2 6 5 1 7
    3 Liverpool 5 2 1 2 14 5 9 7
    4 Besiktas 5 2 0 3 4 13 -9 6

Tonight:

FC Porto v Besiktas
    Marseille v Liverpool

Put simply, if Liverpool beat Marseille in their final group game then they will definitely go through. If they lose they will definitely go out. Complications arise should Liverpool and Marseille draw. Marseille beat Liverpool at Anfield earlier in the campaign, meaning they would edge the Reds out on the basis of that result, assuming Porto beat or draw with Besiktas in the group's other match.

But if Liverpool and Marseille draw and Besiktas pull off a shock by beating Porto, the Reds would go through. In this scenario, Liverpool, Marseille and Porto would all be on eight points. Liverpool would go through with the best goal difference in the head-to-head matches between the three teams.

UEFA Champions League : Group B Table
    P W D L F A GD PTS
    1 Chelsea 5 3 2 0 9 2 7 11
    2 Rosenborg 5 2 1 2 5 7 -2 7
    3 Schalke 04 5 1 2 2 2 3 -1 5
    4 Valencia 5 1 1 3 2 6 -4 4

Tonight ~

Chelsea v Valencia
    Schalke 04 v Rosenborg

Chelsea are definitely through as group winners, regardless of the result of their final match against a Valencia side who cannot progress. A home win against Rosenborg will be enough for Schalke to join the Blues in the last 16, but the Norwegian side would go through with a point away from home.

UEFA Champions League : Group C Table

P W D L F A GD PTS
    1 Real Madrid 5 2 2 1 10 8 2 8
    2 Olympiakos 5 2 2 1 8 7 1 8
    3 Werder Bremen 5 2 0 3 8 10 -2 6
    4 Lazio 5 1 2 2 7 8 -1 5

Tonight ~

Olympiakos v Werder Bremen
    Real Madrid v Lazio,

All four teams can still qualify but Real Madrid and Olympiakos will be favourites as they are at home to the bottom two teams in the last matches and a draw would be enough for either to qualify. Bremen will qualify only if they win at Olympiakos. Lazio will be sure of qualification if they win in Madrid but Bremen do not win in Greece. If Bremen do win in Greece, Lazio would have to win by at least two goals in Madrid to go through.

Only one thing left

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information