Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: moto droid

Default moto droid

i know this isnt the right forum but close enough..i got a new droid...great..tons of apps...amazing...but the simplest thing like texting becomes a long chat...cant find a way to forward..add sounds to a message

so does any one know if thers a upgrade or texting app

I'd be interested in the driod also. Have blackberry which I love and will have to upgrade in Dec or so. To move to Verizon for some reason the 3 and 4 G network is not available to phones from Alltell. Just the Verizon phones like there is a difference in the phone.

I love what I can do with the BB I love their private texting network which has not character limits that texting does and I can send photos etc with it.

Have been thinking of switching over the Iphone also since I have an IMAC, now the Apple stigma is broken.

3. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I'd be interested in the driod also. Have blackberry which I love and will have to upgrade in Dec or so. To move to Verizon for some reason the 3 and 4 G network is not available to phones from Alltell. Just the Verizon phones like there is a difference in the phone.

I love what I can do with the BB I love their private texting network which has not character limits that texting does and I can send photos etc with it.

Have been thinking of switching over the Iphone also since I have an IMAC, now the Apple stigma is broken.
    dude the droid is freaking amazing...scads of apps...cheap ones free ones, games , sports, interactive, maps, gps....i havent even touched the surface...it leaves blackberry in the dust

but the texting...it comes out like a aol or yahoo chat thing...with your reply running along with thier message...i suppose theirs a way to fix it so i should go back to the dealer..havent found a way to forward a mesage either...you'd think of all they put into it...the most popular thing with cell phones ...texing wouldnt have been overlooked

5. The Following User High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

All of the Android phones are outstanding. I have the HTC Hero CDMA. Love it. Android destroys iPhone IMO.

Anywho... To answer your question, there are a few aftermarket texting apps. I personally use Handcent. It's free in the store.

There is a great forum, androidforums.com, that breaks it down by phone, has a ton of app reviews, etc.

Highly suggesed.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Yeah I love my Moto Droid, I've had it for about 3 months and I love it. It's an amazing phone and the Andoid platform is amazing as well. Can't recommend it enough. Good call on the androidforums.com Davii, I just found the site a couple weeks ago and it does give a ton of good info for all the android phones.
    "There's a box of Twinkies in that grocery store. Not just any box of Twinkies, the last box of Twinkies that anyone will enjoy in the whole universe. Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty."

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by drewloc View Post
    Yeah I love my Moto Droid, I've had it for about 3 months and I love it. It's an amazing phone and the Andoid platform is amazing as well. Can't recommend it enough. Good call on the androidforums.com Davii, I just found the site a couple weeks ago and it does give a ton of good info for all the android phones.
    Especially for those that want to root their phones. The only reason I don't is supposedly my phone should be getting the 2.1 update soon and I don't want to have to re-do my phone twice.

10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    All of the Android phones are outstanding. I have the HTC Hero CDMA. Love it. Android destroys iPhone IMO.

Anywho... To answer your question, there are a few aftermarket texting apps. I personally use Handcent. It's free in the store.

There is a great forum, androidforums.com, that breaks it down by phone, has a ton of app reviews, etc.

Highly suggesed.
    I don't know about destroying the iPhone, but the Droids are pretty slick. We use them as work phones and I love them. But ever since I jailbroke my Iphone 3GS its by far my favorite. It takes all of Apples stupid limitations off and you can customize the hell out of the screen with themes and what not. Best thing is they have a homebrew app (that only runs on jailbroke Iphones) that lets you stream TV for free. Its very similar to Justin TV but better. I watched all the Nuggets playoffs from that app because I don't have cable. Not only that, I now have a Nintendo and Sega Genesis emulator with about 500 games that I can play whenever I'm bored at work.

Once the Droid gets broken into, it will be neat to see what people come up with!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

one of the initial reasons we went with the BB was my wife could set in airports an look t her scheduling, then the company made a subtle change and while she can still do it it is cumbersome.

The company made it easier for the Iphone users when they made the change. that was one of the reason I was thinking about tha t move.

But I do not like the coverage that att has, as well as I do with verizon.

Keep talking about the droid though I'd like to here more about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    one of the initial reasons we went with the BB was my wife could set in airports an look t her scheduling, then the company made a subtle change and while she can still do it it is cumbersome.

The company made it easier for the Iphone users when they made the change. that was one of the reason I was thinking about tha t move.

But I do not like the coverage that att has, as well as I do with verizon.

Keep talking about the droid though I'd like to here more about it.
    You can buy jailbroke Iphones at used mac stores and online. They can be used with any carrier. Otherwise Droid is a good option. A place called Mac Outet on South Broadway in Denver has jail broke Iphones.

Honestly though, as far as functionality goes DROID and Iphone are a wash. Even some of the apps are the same. Most smart phones nowadays are great.

Highly suggesed.
    Thanks, exactly what the store guy put on my phone today,handcent....fixed all the issuwes....droid is awesome

16. The Following User High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

The Motorla Cliq on T Mobile is worth its weight in gold! I love this phone. Sometimes I think I can take over the world with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I don't know about destroying the iPhone, but the Droids are pretty slick. We use them as work phones and I love them. But ever since I jailbroke my Iphone 3GS its by far my favorite. It takes all of Apples stupid limitations off and you can customize the hell out of the screen with themes and what not. Best thing is they have a homebrew app (that only runs on jailbroke Iphones) that lets you stream TV for free. Its very similar to Justin TV but better. I watched all the Nuggets playoffs from that app because I don't have cable. Not only that, I now have a Nintendo and Sega Genesis emulator with about 500 games that I can play whenever I'm bored at work.

Once the Droid gets broken into, it will be neat to see what people come up with!
    Droid was broke before it was released, it's open source linux. There are a million custom ROMs etc out there for every droid phone.

The nice thing? It doesn't void my warranty, and I can still get support on a droid phone no matter what I do to it.

19. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Droid was broke before it was released, it's open source linux. There are a million custom ROMs etc out there for every droid phone.

The nice thing? It doesn't void my warranty, and I can still get support on a droid phone no matter what I do to it.
    Nice. I didn't know that. Warranty being voided is no big deal. You can easily reset factory presets on the Iphone. I did that when I broke the sound button before I took it in and had no problems getting it fixed.

I think Droid and Iphone are easily the best phones out there as far as smart phones go.

21. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Nice. I didn't know that. Warranty being voided is no big deal. You can easily reset factory presets on the Iphone. I did that when I broke the sound button before I took it in and had no problems getting it fixed.

I think Droid and Iphone are easily the best phones out there as far as smart phones go.
    That's true. You can always go back. I flashed a custom ROM to mine when I first got it, realized I was happier with the official one and went back. It's amazingly simple to do.

I actually got the developer package downloaded and am learning how to go through it now. Thinking about making an app, but honestly not a clue what I would make. It seems everything i've wanted is already there.

No doubt the Iphone and Android run neck and neck as the best phones on the market. I'm glad Apple is finally getting smart with the new IPhone coming out and adding a memory chip to it, at least that way you're not limited to what the phone came with.

The only other thing i'd like to see from the Iphone is a replaceable battery. It has come in handy to have a second battery on hand when I need it.

I don't know man. I honestly think the Palm Pre or Pre Plus is atleast as good if not better than both.

WebOS is crazy. Way better than Android.

It's amazing what good advertising does.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information