Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: moto droid

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    That's true. You can always go back. I flashed a custom ROM to mine when I first got it, realized I was happier with the official one and went back. It's amazingly simple to do.

I actually got the developer package downloaded and am learning how to go through it now. Thinking about making an app, but honestly not a clue what I would make. It seems everything i've wanted is already there.

No doubt the Iphone and Android run neck and neck as the best phones on the market. I'm glad Apple is finally getting smart with the new IPhone coming out and adding a memory chip to it, at least that way you're not limited to what the phone came with.

The only other thing i'd like to see from the Iphone is a replaceable battery. It has come in handy to have a second battery on hand when I need it.
    Yeah, spot on about the battery. I actually have a case that doubles as an extra battery and quick charger. It eats up the external battery before the internal. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever tapped into the internal battery when I use it.

I'm teaching myself mobile apps now, not because I want to but because I have to. A lot of my clients from freelance jobs want mobile versions of their sites or supplemental apps (like reservations apps for restaurants). I'm just getting into it, but so far its much easier than web design. If I ever come across stuff for the Droid I'll pass it along if you are interested.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Yep, I'd highly recommend androidforums.com not just for any questions you may have, but because you'll find out a ton of cool things you can do with/for your phone.

I have the Eris, and I've learned how to do a TON on it.

Admin on the "other" site, still your friendly Broncos fan

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived RunYouOver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by In-com-plete View Post
    I don't know man. I honestly think the Palm Pre or Pre Plus is atleast as good if not better than both.

WebOS is crazy. Way better than Android.

It's amazing what good advertising does.
    Android or iphone or Pre doesn't matter. This is sweet!

http://www.precentral.net/webos-themes/denver-broncos

I don't know man. I honestly think the Palm Pre or Pre Plus is atleast as good if not better than both.

WebOS is crazy. Way better than Android.

It's amazing what good advertising does.
    I agree with you. My wife has the Droid, and it is an awesome phone-I had a windows phone, but got sick of how badly Windows Mobile hemorrhages RAM. So I did some looking around, and decided to get a Pre Plus. Holy crap man, as far as an O.S. goes, it dusts Android-not to mention as newer versions come avail, you get to download it OTA. All that and it has a multi touch screen

Plus I got mobile hot spot w/ it for free.

I tested it, and sure as hell, I opened over 40 apps with no lag. The touchstone, & the whole nine-I love this phone. Cant believe how much phone they fit into such a small package, and I have never seen a slider as sexy as the Pre. It is half the size of my wife's droid, but it runs circles around it.

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    I agree with you. My wife has the Droid, and it is an awesome phone-I had a windows phone, but got sick of how badly Windows Mobile hemorrhages RAM. So I did some looking around, and decided to get a Pre Plus. Holy crap man, as far as an O.S. goes, it dusts Android-not to mention as newer versions come avail, you get to download it OTA. All that and it has a multi touch screen

Plus I got mobile hot spot w/ it for free.

I tested it, and sure as hell, I opened over 40 apps with no lag. The touchstone, & the whole nine-I love this phone. Cant believe how much phone they fit into such a small package, and I have never seen a slider as sexy as the Pre. It is half the size of my wife's droid, but it runs circles around it.
    Thank you!

It's a damn shame the Pre didn't take off. Got the Pre Plus when it came to Verizon. Been waiting for it for over a year. Had my 700wx for over 3 years as I'm a big time Palm fan.

But they really dropped the ball on advertising. I mean, how many Palm comercials have you seen and how many Droid comercials have you seen?

The Droid phones are good. But, being nice about it, they're just not as good as the Pre or the Pre Plus.

And BTW, I hop you've downloaded Preware and customized your phone with various patches, apps, and themes.

Thank you!

It's a damn shame the Pre didn't take off. Got the Pre Plus when it came to Verizon. Been waiting for it for over a year. Had my 700wx for over 3 years as I'm a big time Palm fan.

But they really dropped the ball on advertising. I mean, how many Palm comercials have you seen and how many Droid comercials have you seen?

The Droid phones are good. But, being nice about it, they're just not as good as the Pre or the Pre Plus.

And BTW, I hop you've downloaded Preware and customized your phone with various patches, apps, and themes.
    I want to, but alas I am clueless about that stuff. waiting for one of my tech savy friends to get a Pre, and try to have them walk me through it. I put my phone in developer mode but cant find where to get novacom, and all of the other stuff I need to make preware work. , so I took it back out. Dunno if you are patient enough to walk me through it sometime, but if you are, I would be eternally grateful. I have seen some awesome themes that people have come up with.

Thank you!

IT is a bit more than advertising that is hurting WebOS. The story of BetaMax and VHS will turn out to be the story of all other OS and Android. Beta was far and away superior to VHS-but SOny was slow to share the technology. JVC's VHS was able to flood the market, and Beta went the way of the dinosaur.

It is why Apple would have gone out of business had Windows not bailed them out. They were a near defunct company until the IPod. They hit a grand slam with that, but haven't learned from their mistake of keeping their OS in house. It is why Windows wiped the floor with them. They are going to keep that same paradigm with the IPhone, and eventually lose to Android. The only hope for WebOS is to be on more phones than just Palm. They do that, and by the time the App catalogs are near even, no one will want Android, due to its limitations compared to WebOS.

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    I want to, but alas I am clueless about that stuff. waiting for one of my tech savy friends to get a Pre, and try to have them walk me through it. I put my phone in developer mode but cant find where to get novacom, and all of the other stuff I need to make preware work. , so I took it back out. Dunno if you are patient enough to walk me through it sometime, but if you are, I would be eternally grateful. I have seen some awesome themes that people have come up with.
    It took me a couple months to get up the courage to download the preware and really customize my phone. I'm just not real comfortable doing that kind of stuff. But it's pretty easy actually.

I spent about a week reading all this stuff on the precentral forum. Then downloaded WebOS quick install on my desktop. Put a couple patches on my phone through quick install. Then I downloaded preware to my phone, and I just get apps and patches through the preware app now.

I havent' got into themes yet and I really dont' know if I will. There's supposed to be an update at the end of this month or early next month. Some of the things you do could really screw the phone up when the update hits.

After the update though, I'm going to overclock it.

This first link is what got me started with preware. Second is one I have bookmarked for overclocking.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rclocking.html

Oh, you can go to the App Catalog and get the "I love homebrew" app. It's pretty much the same thing as that first link. Only in app form.

Right now, some of the minor things I've done is changed my launcher to 4x4 icons instead of the standard 3x3. Got 4 pages instead of 3 also. Changed the upper "toolbar" to show the percentage of battery life I have left. And have really changed my calandar around. There's just so many I could list really. The phone is like 100% customizable. I love it.

It took me a couple months to get up the courage to download the preware and really customize my phone. I'm just not real comfortable doing that kind of stuff. But it's pretty easy actually.

I spent about a week reading all this stuff on the precentral forum. Then downloaded WebOS quick install on my desktop. Put a couple patches on my phone through quick install. Then I downloaded preware to my phone, and I just get apps and patches through the preware app now.

I havent' got into themes yet and I really dont' know if I will. There's supposed to be an update at the end of this month or early next month. Some of the things you do could really screw the phone up when the update hits.

After the update though, I'm going to overclock it.

This first link is what got me started with preware. Second is one I have bookmarked for overclocking.

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...-your-pre.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rclocking.html

Oh, you can go to the App Catalog and get the "I love homebrew" app. It's pretty much the same thing as that first link. Only in app form.

Right now, some of the minor things I've done is changed my launcher to 4x4 icons instead of the standard 3x3. Got 4 pages instead of 3 also. Changed the upper "toolbar" to show the percentage of battery life I have left. And have really changed my calandar around. There's just so many I could list really. The phone is like 100% customizable. I love it.
    Holy crap, I finally got up the sack to go through the paces to get Preware. I thought my phone was awesome before, I cant put it down now.

Had a bit of a scare there, I installed a theme, and it wouldn't remove. But with the Webos repair utility, I was able to reset my phone to its original state without removing any of my aps, contacts, messages etc.

So, if you are nervous about themes, dont be. the webos repair utility uses webos doctor to scan through your phone, and removes all patches, tweaks, and themes. But it wont remove programs etc. Just dont run the webos doctor itself, as it will fully reset your phone to factory default. Found all of this out from myself, not sure if you already knew it or not though.

BTW thanks for the links.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information