Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Make your ridiculously early super bowl prediction here

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Default Make your ridiculously early super bowl prediction here

WTH. . . it's a long way to august, we need something to talk about-- the "ridiculously early '09 draft wishlist" thread is next. . .

i'm going jacksonville over seattle. . .

i like the sqwuaks over the cowgirls in the NFC because they're a proven playoff winner with solid depth and balance overall. . . plus they get the advantage of playing in a cupcake division-- i think they can lock up the top seed, and nobody has a bigger homefield advantage right now. . .

the addition of mike wahle, julius jones, t.j. duckett and owen scmitt should rejuvenate their running game, and they've got a deep corps of WRs who are effective in their system. . . plus, they're strong at the premiere positions on offense with a quality quarterback and elite left tackle. . .

the defense is similarly stocked-- defensive tackle is a bit of a question mark, but overall they've got a decent DL rotation. . . kerney is coming off an all-pro type of season, and darryl tapp, rocky bernard, julian peterson and leroy hill can all get after the quarterback. . . tatupu is a tackling machine and world class leader, they're very strong at safety, and trufant is a top cover corner. . .

throw in an excellent head coach and defensive coordinator, and the seachickens have a very legit chance to be there in february. . .

JAX may be a bit of a surprise pick, as they haven't been able to get past indy and new england in the past, but i think they can get it done this year. . . they're as tough and physical as any team in the league, and they've got a nice core of guys who've been together for some time now. . . garrard is a very efficient QB, and he should continue to improve with some starting experience under his belt. . . their running game is as good as any in the league, and jerry porter gives them the weapon they needed on the outside to add some punch to the passing game. . .

losing stroud didn't help, but they're still oozing with young talent on defense. . . the LB corps is fast and tough, the DL is big and nasty, and they added the legit speed off the edge that they were missing when they drafted harvey and groves. . . rashean the machine is a corner who can go toe-to-toe with #1 WRs, and reggie "the mayor" nelson brings serious ball skills to the secondary. . .

this team is a great mix of talent and toughness-- they're sick of being in indy's shadow, and i think they're going to enter this season hungry, pissed off and ready to bust somebody in the chops. . .

so, who ya got? don't worry, i'm reserving my right to change my mind between now and september, so you can too. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Denver Broncos 100 - Da Bears 1

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

4. The Following 8 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'm leaning toward Indy and Dallas. The Cowboys had a really good team last year that should have gone further than they did. Add a year of experience and key players and they will be tough.

Add Felix Jones and PacMan to the return game...add PacMan and Mike Jenkins to play opposite of Terrence Newman. They improved their two biggest weaknesses. Plus, Zach Thomas may not be the yougest player out there, but I could think of alot worse help in the middle of a 3-4 defense.

Then the passing attack of Romo to TO/Glenn/Witten/Crayton is complimented by the inside running of Barber, the speed of Felix Jones and the all around ability of Tashard Choice and a pretty damn good line
    Last edited by CoachChaz; 05-06-2008 at 03:46 PM.

I liek indy and dallas too.

But since you already took them i am going to go with

denver and cleveland...

Oh wait cleveland is afc also....

denver and saints- my two fav teams

I really do like cleveland though, I dont think they will repeat their QB success, but even if they do 75% of that, coupled with imo is a DRASTICALLY improved defense, lead by rogders and williams inside. I think they have a shot.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

7. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I'm leaning toward Indy and Dallas. The Cowboys had a really good team last year that should have gone further than they did. Add a year of experience and key players and they will be tough.

Add Felix Jones and PacMan to the return game...add PacMan and Mike Jenkins to play opposite of Terrence Newman. They improved their two biggest weaknesses. Plus, Zach Thomas may not be the yougest player out there, but I could think of alot worse help in the middle of a 3-4 defense.

Then the passing attack of Romo to TO/Glenn/Witten/Crayton is complimented by the inside running of Barber, the speed of Felix Jones and the all around ability of Tashard Choice and a pretty damn good line
    those were pretty much my second choices as well, because the talent and balance is definitely there. . . dallas still has to show me they can win in the playoffs, though. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    those were pretty much my second choices as well, because the talent and balance is definitely there. . . dallas still has to show me they can win in the playoffs, though. . .
    I agree, but that defense just got solidified. If they can hold opponents under 14 points a game, the offense should easily be able to cover it. I'm not a Cowboys fan by any means, but they will be fun to watch.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I agree, but that defense just got solidified. If they can hold opponents under 14 points a game, the offense should easily be able to cover it. I'm not a Cowboys fan by any means, but they will be fun to watch.
    agreed-- just in terms of pure talent, they might be the only NFC squad that can compare to the AFC big boys. . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Denver Vs. Dallas. SB rematch, and Denver goes up against another former Head Coach in the SB.

In reality, I would like to see Pittsburgh/Dallas again. Pittsburgh could be pretty good this year.

pitts did have a great draft.. Off hand i can only think of their 1st two picks, rashard and sweed, but i remember looking at it and thinking they had one of the better drafts.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Jax vs Dal

I was thinking about going with Minnesota, but their QB kills it.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Colts 41 - Vikings 28

Minn defense falters in the big game after carrying the team all year.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

16. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

GEM

Colts at Bucs

Not that the NFL would script a Super Bowl, or anything . . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Denver vs. uh....someone from the NFC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm a homer. Denver wins a nail biter vs who cares who?

20. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

GEM

New England 37
    Dallas 30

They won't go undefeated, their defense will lay some smelly eggs and Brady won't throw for 900 TDs. But you don't just go 18-1 and fall off the face of the Earth. A more favorable matchup will help them. I say they go 13-3 next year.

They win the AFC Championship Game at home vs. Indianapolis. Dallas wins at home vs. Seattle. I would love to say the Colts as I root for Dungy, but I don't trust them this coming year.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information