Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Make your ridiculously early super bowl prediction here

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Jax vs Dal

I was thinking about going with Minnesota, but their QB kills it.
    I like this pick

Jax vs Dallas. These are two very good teams that have good defenses as well. good thoughts Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    WTH. . . it's a long way to august, we need something to talk about-- the "ridiculously early '09 draft wishlist" thread is next. . .

i'm going jacksonville over seattle. . .

i like the sqwuaks over the cowgirls in the NFC because they're a proven playoff winner with solid depth and balance overall. . . plus they get the advantage of playing in a cupcake division-- i think they can lock up the top seed, and nobody has a bigger homefield advantage right now. . .

the addition of mike wahle, julius jones, t.j. duckett and owen scmitt should rejuvenate their running game, and they've got a deep corps of WRs who are effective in their system. . . plus, they're strong at the premiere positions on offense with a quality quarterback and elite left tackle. . .

the defense is similarly stocked-- defensive tackle is a bit of a question mark, but overall they've got a decent DL rotation. . . kerney is coming off an all-pro type of season, and darryl tapp, rocky bernard, julian peterson and leroy hill can all get after the quarterback. . . tatupu is a tackling machine and world class leader, they're very strong at safety, and trufant is a top cover corner. . .

throw in an excellent head coach and defensive coordinator, and the seachickens have a very legit chance to be there in february. . .

JAX may be a bit of a surprise pick, as they haven't been able to get past indy and new england in the past, but i think they can get it done this year. . . they're as tough and physical as any team in the league, and they've got a nice core of guys who've been together for some time now. . . garrard is a very efficient QB, and he should continue to improve with some starting experience under his belt. . . their running game is as good as any in the league, and jerry porter gives them the weapon they needed on the outside to add some punch to the passing game. . .

losing stroud didn't help, but they're still oozing with young talent on defense. . . the LB corps is fast and tough, the DL is big and nasty, and they added the legit speed off the edge that they were missing when they drafted harvey and groves. . . rashean the machine is a corner who can go toe-to-toe with #1 WRs, and reggie "the mayor" nelson brings serious ball skills to the secondary. . .

this team is a great mix of talent and toughness-- they're sick of being in indy's shadow, and i think they're going to enter this season hungry, pissed off and ready to bust somebody in the chops. . .

so, who ya got? don't worry, i'm reserving my right to change my mind between now and september, so you can too. . .
    good article dogfish

I agree on Jax but not on the Hawks. to me they are too soft on defense to get there. I like Mike's pick of Jax vs Dallas

although I know most dont like them, you cant count out NE as a serious contender to get there as well.

for the homers, I would be SHOCKED to see denver with the pathetic run defense get there.. how are we going to stop the run, put 13 men on the field and not get caught

I love the Broncos but Best Best case scenario for us is 10-6 as a WC IMHO

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    good article dogfish

I agree on Jax but not on the Hawks. to me they are too soft on defense to get there. I like Mike's pick of Jax vs Dallas

although I know most dont like them, you cant count out NE as a serious contender to get there as well.

for the homers, I would be SHOCKED to see denver with the pathetic run defense get there.. how are we going to stop the run, put 13 men on the field and not get caught

I love the Broncos but Best Best case scenario for us is 10-6 as a WC IMHO

hey med, good to see ya. . .

seattle's defense allowed 2 points per game less than dallas last year-- 6th best scoring defense in the league overall. . . that's not soft-- they destroyed washington in the playoffs, although admittedly that was a weak offense. . .

denver's defense, OTOH, is charmin. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Miami and St. Louis. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    hey med, good to see ya. . .

seattle's defense allowed 2 points per game less than dallas last year-- 6th best scoring defense in the league overall. . . that's not soft-- they destroyed washington in the playoffs, although admittedly that was a weak offense. . .

denver's defense, OTOH, is charmin. . .

it must be perception then, especially that the Hawks play in a pathetic divsion year in and year out.

I think Dallas has tons of talent on defense and will be much better this year.

just my humble take.

for Denver to make the Bowl it would be like all of us Bronco fans hitting the lottery. very very unexpected...sorry but we have Way to much fixin on that bad defense before we get there. I love our offense, not so much our defense. Hope I am wrong as I have been so many times before that I cant count that high

7. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

I predict a Super Bowl rematch of gigantic proportions.

New England vs. The Giants

These are still the best two teams in the AFC and NFC.

I also feel Chad Jackson will finally emerge as a WR and will compliment Moss and Welker extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    New England 37
    Dallas 30

They won't go undefeated, their defense will lay some smelly eggs and Brady won't throw for 900 TDs. But you don't just go 18-1 and fall off the face of the Earth. A more favorable matchup will help them. I say they go 13-3 next year.

They win the AFC Championship Game at home vs. Indianapolis. Dallas wins at home vs. Seattle. I would love to say the Colts as I root for Dungy, but I don't trust them this coming year.
    Are you telling me the Sparklers won't even sniff the AFCC game? BAHAHAHAH!

Chargers vs. Cowboys

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Cowboys over the Patriots.

Maybe Cowboys over Jaguars, depending if Gerrard takes that extra step this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Patriots over Cowboys. Even though the Patsies lost the bowl, I still think they were the best team in the NFL last year. You don't go 18-1 without being really good. Like someone said a while back, the law of averages just finally caught up with them. Besides, I think we all know that the best overall team doesn't always win the title. That's what makes sports awesome.

Dolphins 55-52 Rams

I predict that the Jags will be in the Super Bowl. I think the NFC is very wide open, there's a bunch of teams who could step it up. I usually start making my shocker predictions in June/July so it's too early for that now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Denver Vs. Green Bay/Seattle
    I'd like to say Philadelphia, but they are just missing something that I can't quite put my finger on. They will have a spot in the playoffs over the Giants or Redskins though.

Otherwise..

New England Vs. Green Bay/Seattle

Let's face it, New England is the class of the AFC. I don't see them getting beat by a loser playoff team like the Chargers or Colts. Their secondary is suspect, but I believe it will patch itself up. Offensively, no question the best in the league.

Aaron Rogers will be an upgrade over Brett Favre and the offense will become one of the most explosive in the league. Their defense is still talented enough to get them the ball back. It is also entirely possible that the NFC North heats up and the Packers get swept by the Bears and Vikings defenses. Could entirely miss the playoffs if Rogers can't deal with those elite teams.

Seattle on the other hand has one of the most talented defenses in the league. Their offense does need to improve, but they did show flashes last year. A lock to win their division next year, no way the Cardinals or Rams overtake them except for injuries. Losing Josh Brown was a huge blow to them, could very well cost them one or two games this season.

15. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    Dolphins 55-52 Rams

I predict that the Jags will be in the Super Bowl. I think the NFC is very wide open, there's a bunch of teams who could step it up. I usually start making my shocker predictions in June/July so it's too early for that now.

yeah in baseball I predict the Tampa Bay Devil, I mean Rays to play against the SF Sucky Giants in the world series

Default Brady vs Romo

have not read the thread but Brady vs Romo seems about as good and more than likely..

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    have not read the thread but Brady vs Romo seems about as good and more than likely..
    i'd rather watch romo's girlfriend wrestle brady's beard. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information