Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jack Williams on MHR Radio, LIVE, Wednesday Night

Default Jack Williams on MHR Radio, LIVE, Wednesday Night

Broncos 4th Round Draft Pick Jack Williams will join me LIVE, Wednesday Night on MHR Radio!

http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/5...ack-williams-l
    -The Guru

Check out The Mile High Report

Check Out MHR RADIO, Every Wednesday Night -- 9PM est/6PM pst!

Subscribe To MHR Radio - The PodCast

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived TheSportsGuru For This Post:

can you send out a reminder on Wenesday a few hours before you go on??

I keep mising it..

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Cool I'll be interested to here what he has to say.

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

Me too. I'll have to make sure I tune into the show.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

Just a friendly reminder!!

To listen,, head to UBroadcast.com, download the player and tune into channel 100 tonight!
    -The Guru

7. The Following User High Fived TheSportsGuru For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by TheSportsGuru View Post
    Just a friendly reminder!!

To listen,, head to UBroadcast.com, download the player and tune into channel 100 tonight!
    What kind of questions are you going to be asking Guru, and how long is he scheduled to be on?
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Well I missed it

What all was said?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ssgtwc View Post
    Well I missed it

What all was said?
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/mhr_radio

You can listen to it there.

I thought Guru did an excellent job at the interview. One thing I'd say to Guru when talking to players is to shorten questions a little, but that's my only complaint

Guru, thanks for that. That was pretty cool last night. Jack seems like a good dude, and a very confident young man. Very quickly, Guru made the assessment that he sounded a lot like D-Will and I think Guru was right, let's hope Jack looks like that on the field too.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Jack Williams can play ball.

I didn't like the pick because he's likely to only be our nickel back (probably after this year), and I can have one of those who knows our system just by signing Paymah or Foxy to a deal - and because they're nickelbacks it won't cost a lot. I know they want to start, but so does every corner in the league. Just offer both of em the same deal, and the first one to take it gets it.

Still, If the Broncos truly believe he can, say, take the job from Bly in a couple of years (or try to replace Champ, if we decide not to pay him $12 mil a year to play corner for us on his next contract) then he's a tremendous pick. I just think he's a depth pick at a position at which all we'll need for a few years IS depth because we've tied up 100 million dollars in two corners.

Still, I won't worry too much about him dropping interceptions - IIRC Williams can snag a ball outta the air with the best of em. If he can stay healthy he could be a nice addition - and at least we might wind up saving a little bit of cash on the 5th CB position. And I'd rather address need at a position a year early than a year late (see our Safety situation from last year).

Now maybe if we can get to the QB this year we can let those corners show off their ball-hawking skills...

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

14. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

I like the Jack Williams pick because he is the perfect fit to cover guys like Wes Welker and the many other dangerous slot guys in the NFL. He should also be a great addition to the Broncos special teams. His speed and nack to get to the ball carrier will do us wonders. Another good thing about Jack is you can never have enough quality cover guys, especially with Foxworth and Paymah's contract only be one year deals and Bailey and Bly's contracts being so high.

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/mhr_radio

You can listen to it there.

I thought Guru did an excellent job at the interview. One thing I'd say to Guru when talking to players is to shorten questions a little, but that's my only complaint

Guru, thanks for that. That was pretty cool last night. Jack seems like a good dude, and a very confident young man. Very quickly, Guru made the assessment that he sounded a lot like D-Will and I think Guru was right, let's hope Jack looks like that on the field too.
    Thanks! And believe me, as I am asking the questions I am telling myself to SHUT UP!....

Jack is a sharp guy, and perhaps as important as his skills on the field are his actions off of it. Class guy.
    -The Guru

17. The Following User High Fived TheSportsGuru For This Post:

He is being compared to Dwill. Forgive me, but I hope JWill plays better than DWill. At great risk of ridicule, I did not believe that DWill was all that good of a CB, but he did bring enthusiasm and some return excitement to the Broncos' games. But he seemed to get beat an awful lot in coverage. He was game, and a good character who overcame some difficult issues.

But I hope JWill plays better than DWill.

19. The Following User High Fived Brand For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    He is being compared to Dwill. Forgive me, but I hope JWill plays better than DWill. At great risk of ridicule, I did not believe that DWill was all that good of a CB, but he did bring enthusiasm and some return excitement to the Broncos' games. But he seemed to get beat an awful lot in coverage. He was game, and a good character who overcame some difficult issues.

There are quite a few of us on this forum that thinks Dwill was overrated, but unfortunately he didn't play long enough for us all to find out for sure. RIP

21. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post

I am right there with you in alot of ways. I have reminded readers of my blog and listeners to my show of how we talked about DWill in 2006. He was a young players, however, destined to get better, and there was no doubting his ball hawking ability...
    -The Guru

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information