Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Our New QB in Action...

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Default Our New QB in Action...

Just saw this over at The Post and figured I'd post it. It's got video.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14991886
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Just saw this over at The Post and figured I'd post it. It's got video.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14991886
    Theres video of MCD watchig every throw while he gets coached up and theres pictures too.
    If anyone can embed that stuff it would be great! I suck at it!

Like I said in the other thread, not really great so far if he is cocking the ball back behind him that far. I posted a Montana highlight video there, here is a Manning video... the ball stays high, doesn't go very far back behind his head and releases up around his ear (actually a little higher with Manning.)

Lot's of work left to do... hope he has the right guys in there to teach him proper throwing mechanics...and definitely don't watch Orton, he cocks it way back when he throws and gets it swatted from behind too much.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, not really great so far if he is cocking the ball back behind him that far. I posted a Montana highlight video there, here is a Manning video... the ball stays high, doesn't go very far back behind his head and releases up around his ear (actually a little higher with Manning.)

Lot's of work left to do... hope he has the right guys in there to teach him proper throwing mechanics...and definitely don't watch Orton, he cocks it way back when he throws and gets it swatted from behind too much.
    Meh, i think hes just trying to get into the motion of how the coaches want him to throw and get used to it. He isnt throwing very hard at all. This is going to be a place that he is going to spend alot of time at.
    He also looks good in the shotgun! Of course!
    Shoot, they just forget about the shotgun, and keep on with the 3 and 5 step drops!

Adopted Bronco:
    J.D. Walton

Here is his interview after his first practice.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...first-practice

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived milehigh For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I'm by far a QB coach but I hope the little 'drop of the hand/hesitation' doesn't come to bite him. I know blitzing from the corner that hesitation means he's giving you that one second you would need! I'm glad to see he is positive and is willing to improve! Thanks for the videos, fellas!!

9. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Watch Drew Brees throw...

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by rocks View Post

If you're going to compare QBs provide videos to compare!! TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    If you're going to compare QBs provide videos to compare!! TIA

13. The Following 14 Users High Fived rocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

here he is on sports science too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6EguTZFK5s

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

I'm glad you know so much more about how to play quarterback than orton, tebow and the coaches. We get it already.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

Sweet he's using the revo speed helmet like stokley uses, that shit is fly.

If he's anything like Brees, I will love him. That is my "IT" factor guy. In the middle of the huddle nut! LOVE HIM!

I wouldn't be worried about that deep hitch and hesitation before his release at this point. IMO he's more focused on a fluid delivery that he is about an early release. Once the fluid delivery becomes automatic the coaches will work with his release on quickening it. IMO it's the progression of the mechanics of the QB, you see the same thing with pitchers in baseball. It will probably never be perfect (99% of the QB's in the NFL aren't) but I'm sure it will be better than that.

20. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I wouldn't be worried about that deep hitch and hesitation before his release at this point. IMO he's more focused on a fluid delivery that he is about an early release. Once the fluid delivery becomes automatic the coaches will work with his release on quickening it. IMO it's the progression of the mechanics of the QB, you see the same thing with pitchers in baseball. It will probably never be perfect (99% of the QB's in the NFL aren't) but I'm sure it will be better than that.
    I also think that he and the coaches are more concerned with him getting used to the 3 and 5 step drops and then the throwing motion.
    He didnt take alot of snaps from center at FLA, so i think like you said its the fluid motion they want to concentrate on. He isnt throwing hard at all. But his snap from center and the motion back while scanning the field, thats what they are working on.
    I have no doubt he will do this everyday, 10,000 times until hes perfected it, by camp.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information