Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 2010 NBA Playoffs Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

Oh wow thats all i can say. Its ok, hate all you want on the guy but he still is the best player in the league.
    for what reason? Tell me what makes him a better basketball player then Lebron or Wade?
    Last edited by EMB6903; 06-20-2010 at 02:21 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    for what reason? Tell me what makes him a better basketball player then Lebron or Wade?

He gets it done man. I find it funny that you would say that Shaq helped Kobe out with his championships (even though he has 2 without him) and yet Wade got one with Shaq in tow as well. How many rings does Lebron have? And hell, did Shaq join the Cavs recently too?

When all is said and done Kobe has had to do more with less. Too even think that the surrounding guys on the Lakers right now are great players (aside from Fisher) is insane on so many levels. When people speak about Jordan they dont care about his MVPs, they dont care about how he shot for most of the game. They only care about when it was clutch and how he performed and how he got his teammates involved. Again, this doesnt make Kobe better than MJ or even in the same league. But there is no other player right now (except maybe for Tim Duncan) who has had the kind of impact in the current state of the NBA. Sure, there are some really talented players out there but most havent even scratched the surface of what Kobe has accomplished. I love how you try to put Shaq in the same class as guys like Akeem Olajawon just because the dude could dunk a basketball. Just because the guy has size doesnt make him great. He won a lot of awards for good reason but he was still vastly overrated compared to a lot of other big men to play the game.

Then look at a guy like Dirk Nowitzki who can shoot the lights out from just about anywhere only when it matters he falls short. In the end its all about getting it done and winning championships. Since Shaq has left Kobe has gotten two more rings and proven he didnt need an allstar center to win a championship. Its ok if you dont like the guy lord knows there are plenty that dont but dont try and sell me this crap that he is some scrub not worthy of praise that he gets. Fact is man, until Wade does more and Lebron actually MAKES the finals there is no better player than Kobe right now at this time.

People look at individual accomplishments as well as team accomplishments.

Lebron is only 25 years old. He has plenty of time to get MULTIPLE titles. esspecially if he pairs up with Wade/Bosh/Amare.

Lakers have 2 great players. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.
    Last edited by EMB6903; 06-20-2010 at 02:21 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

People look at individual accomplishments as well as team accomplishments.

Lebron is only 25 years old. He has plenty of time to get MULTIPLE titles. esspecially if he pairs up with Wade/Bosh/Amare.

Lakers have 2 great players. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol.
    Im not sure i would put Gasol there yet but he has the potential. Yes, Lebron is young so it may only be a matter of time but its also for that reason i dont put him above Kobe, YET. He might be beating Kobe in the stats dept but if he doesnt get any Championships i dont think he will be considered better strictly off the stats he put up. Time will tell.

I think Gasol is the best big man in the NBA. Garnett is too old and Dwight Howard is the worst 'elite' player in any sport that I've ever seen. DH has no offense other than dunks. Everytime he takes a hook shot Karemm doubles over in pain.

LeBron only has Kobe in the stat department because of Kobe's age. Honestly the funny thing is that people act like LeBron is hands down the best player in the league, he's not. He is the best player in the league, but Dwayne Wade can score as many poins as he does, and Wade is a great defender in his own right.

LeBron however is the biggest money maker the league has seen since Michael Jordan. And, to be fair, he's the most dominant player in the league....

When he isn't quitting on his team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

to be honest.. I think Wade is every bit as good as Lebron right now.

to be honest.. I think Wade is every bit as good as Lebron right now.
    With Wade it's an issue of health. He really is one of my favorite players to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    You might want to check your facts CrazyHorse before writing baseless assertions.

You assert that Andrew Bynum was injured and played limited minutes in 7 games, but your position is unsubstantiated and contradicted by the facts. If you had taken the time to do some research and look at the box scores from each of the seven games, you would have discovered that Andrew Bynum played more minutes than Kendrick Perkins in almost every single game and in the series, but don't let that get in the way of your assertion and/or delusion.

Here is a comparison of their minutes game by game:
    Andrew Bynum (AB) Kendrick Perkins (KP)
    Game 1 AB - 28 minutes, KP 24 minutes
    Game 2 AB - 39 minutes, KP 32 minutes
    Game 3 AB - 29 minutes, KP 22 minutes
    Game 4 AB - 12 minutes, KP 25 minutes
    Game 5 AB - 32 minutes, KP 32 minutes
    Game 6 AB - 16 minutes, KP 7 minutes
    Game 7 AB - 19 minutes, KP 0 minutes

Now I am sure you will try to twist and spin these numbers to validate your claim that Bynum was injured and played limited minutes. Please keep in mind that I haven't disputed that Bynum was injured, but as I previously said,
    . Despite your claim/assertion to the contrary, however, it is clear and undisputed that Andrew did NOT play limited minutes in the 7 games or the series!!
    Okay I'm sorry, not limited playing time but definitely limited effectiveness.
    Here's to a Lakers 3-peat.
    In Elway We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    Okay I'm sorry, not limited playing time but definitely limited effectiveness.
    I agree with that.

Here's to a Lakers 3-peat.
    Hell NO!!!!
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

12. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

I cant believe all the complaints!
    lebron james is nothing more than a glorified Karl Malone. Hes good, but nowhere near Kobe. lebron is a product of E!SPN and Gatorade. Hes the most popular player in the world, who has a really good team around him. So good, they had the best record in the NBA. 1 player cant accomplish this by himself. He also had the reigning "coach of the year" as well, who was then quickly fired for no apparent reason after the season ended.
    Kobe makes shots lebron could only dream of. Kobe finishes teams in their house with insane double teams, hands and elbows in his face, getting fouled and he STILL makes the shots he needs to make when the game is on the line in the most clutch situations time and time again. lebron hasnt made 1/10 the clutch shots Kobe has made, and thats with NO HELP from any other players on his team. Hes doin work by himself and the opposing team knows it.
    Kobe also puts in 10 times as much work both during the season, and in the offseason. I have read and heard nothing but poor remarks about lebrons training program, but i am constantly seeing this clown on TV or hearing about him "hangin" in NY. many observers comment that lebron spends waaaaay toooo much time dickin around and this is the main reason why he still has nothing to show for his talent. Imagine if this kid focused on his game and truly took it to the next level, instead of meeting up with bosh or wade to try to get his poor little self some help.
    BTW, i dont like Kobe as a person. Hes arrogant and a mean guy, with poor moral character. but as a fanatical competitor on the court, no ones even close.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    I cant believe all the complaints!
    lebron james is nothing more than a glorified Karl Malone. Hes good, but nowhere near Kobe. lebron is a product of E!SPN and Gatorade. Hes the most popular player in the world, who has a really good team around him. So good, they had the best record in the NBA. 1 player cant accomplish this by himself. He also had the reigning "coach of the year" as well, who was then quickly fired for no apparent reason after the season ended.
    Kobe makes shots lebron could only dream of. Kobe finishes teams in their house with insane double teams, hands and elbows in his face, getting fouled and he STILL makes the shots he needs to make when the game is on the line in the most clutch situations time and time again. lebron hasnt made 1/10 the clutch shots Kobe has made, and thats with NO HELP from any other players on his team. Hes doin work by himself and the opposing team knows it.
    Kobe also puts in 10 times as much work both during the season, and in the offseason. I have read and heard nothing but poor remarks about lebrons training program, but i am constantly seeing this clown on TV or hearing about him "hangin" in NY. many observers comment that lebron spends waaaaay toooo much time dickin around and this is the main reason why he still has nothing to show for his talent. Imagine if this kid focused on his game and truly took it to the next level, instead of meeting up with bosh or wade to try to get his poor little self some help.
    BTW, i dont like Kobe as a person. Hes arrogant and a mean guy, with poor moral character. but as a fanatical competitor on the court, no ones even close.
    LeBron only trails Jordan in all time Player Efficiency Rating. But hey Kobe doesn't airball freethrows like him...
    In Elway We Trust

LeBron only trails Jordan in all time Player Efficiency Rating. But hey Kobe doesn't airball freethrows like him...
    lil lebron also only trails Jordan in all time "BS, useless cheesed!ck stats cause i still dont have jack squat to show for all my talent" rating as well. (BSUCSCISDHJSTSFAMT)
    lil bron's comin around though. Soon he'll be the all time leader.
    I mean he just made yet another commercial where he does a backflip and eats some Cheetos, so its just a matter of time before he takes down Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    lil lebron also only trails Jordan in all time "BS, useless cheesed!ck stats cause i still dont have jack squat to show for all my talent" rating as well. (BSUCSCISDHJSTSFAMT)
    lil bron's comin around though. Soon he'll be the all time leader.
    I mean he just made yet another commercial where he does a backflip and eats some Cheetos, so its just a matter of time before he takes down Jordan.
    Lebron already has more NBA MVP's and just as many scoring titles as Kobe Bryant... and hes only 25.

The rings will come.

Lebron already has more NBA MVP's and just as many scoring titles as Kobe Bryant... and hes only 25.

The rings will come.
    Cause scoring titles and regular season "whos most popular according to
    E!SPN" awards get you rings.
    As i stated, a glorified Karl Malone. Nothing more.
    Oh look! Yet another commercial with lil' bron doin a backflip off a diving board into a giant tub o' guacamole!
    Dude got mad skillz!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information