Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 NBA Playoffs Thread...

What was up with LBJ last night.

If I were a Cavs fan, I would be very disappointed and probably angry because LBJ was completely disinterested and going through the motions during last night's game. All players, even super stars, have bad games, but I can't remember seeing an alleged superstar who quit on his team the way LBJ did last night. Even when Kobe, MJ, Larry Bird, etc were having a bad game, they continued to work their asses off playing defense and/or trying to contribute in ways other than scoring. Lebron on the other hand just stood and/or floated around on the floor or took lazy shots from the perimeter for major portions of last night's game.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

2. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    It was a terrible no call, but I consider it karma for his egregious flop on that 3 point attempt!

I just got back home from SLC. I was at the game last night and cried after Matthews missed that tip in. It was so close and he probably makes that 9/10 times...but oh well. The only way to make myself feel better is to tell myself that we weren't going to win the series anyways.
    When I was in HSchool... Malone, Stockton and Hornecek kept knocking my Lakes out of the playoffs...I hated Horny sooooo damn much. I felt like punching him in the middle of his nerdy face every time he wiped his cheek before a FT. God I hated that shit.

I remember I was so upset. I know how you feel Honz, but your guys' time will come after Boozer is gone and AK47/Mehmet heal up. Boozer brings out the best in every player he guards or is guarding him.

****** is soo loud and obnoxious, whoever is playing the counter part usually loves to make him look the fool after he screams like the monster he looks like...Pau definetely did a great job of sending him to the bench. Yeah Boozer, keep telling yourself Pau is "soft" and you can dominate him.

Pau is soft, but smart.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post

If I were a Cavs fan, I would be very disappointed and probably angry because LBJ was completely disinterested and going through the motions during last night's game. All players, even super stars, have bad games, but I can't remember seeing an alleged superstar who quit on his team the way LBJ did last night. Even when Kobe, MJ, Larry Bird, etc were having a bad game, they continued to work their asses off playing defense and/or trying to contribute in ways other than scoring. Lebron on the other hand just stood and/or floated around on the floor or took lazy shots from the perimeter for major portions of last night's game.
    Felt the same way watching that...

Cleveland teams...

Kobe did the EXACT same thing James did during game 7 of a first round series against the Suns as couple years ago. I believe he had 1 shot attempt in the 2nd half alone that game while getting blown out. As we all know Melo has done it multiple times as well.

Tom Thibodeau's defensive adjustments are amazing.... Hes the real Celtics coach.

8. The Following User High Fived EMB6903 For This Post:

While I'm not saying there isn't something to the LaBrawn thing, Boston's defense has been getting better and better (vice a game or two) since the playoffs started...

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    Kobe did the EXACT same thing James did during game 7 of a first round series against the Suns as couple years ago. I believe he had 1 shot attempt in the 2nd half alone that game while getting blown out. As we all know Melo has done it multiple times as well.
    Yes, you are correct and I remember that game now, but not when I wrote that post. That supports what I wrote in the other thread that LeBron is young and has time to rehabilitate his image and reputation like Kobe has done.

As for Melo, I haven't seen Melo play enough to comment on his play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Jordan's Championships at age 25: 0
    Lebron's Championships at age 25: 0

Jordan's Championships at age 25: 0
    Lebron's Championships at age 25: 0
    Yes, but you are comparing apples to oranges. Jordan entered the NBA when he was 21, while LeBron entered the NBA when he was 18. Therefore, LeBron has failed to win a Championship in 7 seasons. I believe that Jordan on the other hand won his first Championship in his 7th season.

Therefore, your comparison actually hurts you when you properly use the number of seasons they have played in the NBA rather than their age.

13. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

it did take jordan 7 years to win it though...this was lbj's 7th season and he came in much more raw.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Yes, but you are comparing apples to oranges. Jordan entered the NBA when he was 21, while LeBron entered the NBA when he was 18. Therefore, LeBron has failed to win a Championship in 7 seasons. I believe that Jordan on the other hand won his first Championship in his 7th season.

Therefore, your comparison actually hurts you when you properly use the number of seasons they have played in the NBA rather than their age.
    It hurts me? It took Jordan 7 years to win a ring. Lebron just finished his 7th year. So he is now a year behind. There will never be another Jordan, but nobody has ever had to live up to the expectations that Lebron has to...it's partly his fault, but still it's a little crazy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Also, I've never understood why Lebron is compared to Jordan. Lebron has a lot more Magic in him than he does Kobe or Jordan.

17. The Following User High Fived honz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EMB6903 View Post
    it did take jordan 7 years to win it though...this was lbj's 7th season and he came in much more raw.
    Yes, I know it took jordan 7 seasons because I wrote that in my most recent post.

Please keep in mind that I am not the one who made the comparison between jordan and lbj. I was only pointing out that you had to look at seasons in NBA, not age, if you were going to make a logical comparison. Yes, LBJ was much more raw when he came in but you can't hold that fact against jordan. I realize you are trying to rationalize LeBron's failures during the playoffs and failure to win a Championship, but again keep in mind that I am not the one who made the comparison between Jordan and LBJ.

If someone is going to make the comparison, they need to make the logical comparison of number of seasons in NBA rather than age. They also can't rationalize LeBron's failures by then pointing out that he was much more raw when he entered the NBA. If the person is going to do that, then don't make the comparison in the first place.

It hurts me? It took Jordan 7 years to win a ring.
    Yes, it hurts you because using your comparison logically to compare apples to apples your statement that Jordan had 0 Championships and LBJ has 0 Championship changes to:

Jordan after 7 seasons: 1 Championship
    LBJ after 7 seasons: 0 Championships

I think it is undisputed that being down 1-0 is worse than being tied 0-0.

Also, I've never understood why Lebron is compared to Jordan. Lebron has a lot more Magic in him than he does Kobe or Jordan.
    I agree with you.

I think a big reason that LeBron is compared to Jordan rather than Magic or Kobe is LeBron's admitted idolization of Jordan along with the fact he wears the same number as Jordan. Not saying that LBJ's honest comments that he grew up imitating and idolizing Jordan and tried to model his game after Jordan should be used to then compare him and his style of play to Jordan. Unfortunately though, I think that may be a major reason the fans and media make the comparison.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information