4. Houston Texans 219.0
    5. Pittsburgh Steelers 221.0

Passing (YPG)

1. Jacksonville Jaguars 68.0
    2. Denver Broncos 72.0
    3. San Diego Chargers 122.0
    4. Houston Texans 147.0
    5. Cleveland Browns 159.0

True that this is just Buffalo but a damn good start all the same. I suspect we shall still only hear about NE all through the week though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Looking at those averages is like looking at a baseball players batting average after the first week of the season when he is batting either .755 or .088.

Default Denver makes top 5 in 5 areas

I know it's only the first game but still interesting to see how we are clicking in areas that we were concerned with in preseason.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

League Leaders - Offense

Total Offense (YPG) Complete List

1. Dallas Cowboys 478.0
    2. Denver Broncos 470.0
    3. Indianapolis Colts 452.0
    4. New York Giants 438.0
    5. New England Patriots 431.0

Passing (YPG) Complete List

1. Dallas Cowboys 336.0
    2. New York Giants 314.0
    3. Denver Broncos 299.0
    4. New England Patriots 297.0
    5. Indianapolis Colts 288.0

Rushing (YPG) Complete List

1. Tennessee Titans 282.0
    2. Pittsburgh Steelers 206.0
    3. Washington Redskins 191.0
    4. Carolina Panthers 186.0
    5. Denver Broncos 171.0

League Leaders - DefenseTotal Defense (YPG) Complete List

1. Denver Broncos 184.0
    2. Arizona Cardinals 194.0
    3. San Diego Chargers 202.0
    4. Philadelphia Eagles 215.0
    5. Houston Texans 219.0

Passing (YPG) Complete List

1. Jacksonville Jaguars 68.0
    2. Denver Broncos 72.0
    3. San Francisco 49ers 100.0
    4. Arizona Cardinals 102.0
    5. San Diego Chargers 122.0

Rushing (YPG) Complete List

1. Philadelphia Eagles 46.0
    2. Pittsburgh Steelers 46.0
    3. Baltimore Ravens 55.0
    4. New England Patriots 60.0
    5. Washington Redskins 66.0
    20. Denver (Our run defense needs some help)
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

the run d will sort itself out as the season goes on...

i also hope our red zone play also improves as the season goes on...

but ill take 5 top 5's any given sunday...

________
    Light Bulb Vaporizer
    Last edited by anton...; 08-31-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Nice post DenBronx,

That's definitely encouraging; our team is more balanced than most teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by anton... View Post
    the run d will sort itself out as the season goes on...

i also hope our red zone play also improves as the season goes on...

but ill take 5 top 5's any given sunday...

being the top 5 in 5 differant areas will win you football games. however our run support, special teams and redzone must improve in order for us to become dominant. right now this team is stacked with talent. we could transition this talent if we tightened up in those 3 areas.

quincy morgan: not too sure why he isnt returning. last year we saw what he could do with only a handful of returns. why is this guys talent being wasted? didnt we resign him? if its not broke dont go fixing it....im not sold on hixon at all.

redzone: i was talking with some bills fans and supposedly they are ranked pretty high in redzone defense. so that could have been why we struggled a bit here sunday. oakland will be a good test to see how we fare. didnt we sign graham? isnt he that big redzone target? also why are we passing so much in the redzone to wrs? didnt we sign henry? why were we not running the rock....at least elam would have got better looks at the field goal atempts.

run support: although sam adams did pretty good in the first quarter he seemed to gas a bit later in the game...and this is expected if our rotation isnt deep and right now it isnt deep. im not really immpressed with any of our dts. ian gold was horrible in run support...lynch was killing him. is it possible to use him on passing plays?

Thing I have always disliked about forums though I have managed quite a few myself. Groupies.

I post this and get a who cares response, this other guy more well known on the forums posts the exact same thing after me http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1383 and gets favorable response.

Have to love the internet. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Thing I have always disliked about forums though I have managed quite a few myself. Groupies.

I post this and get a who cares response, this other guy more well known on the forums posts the exact same thing after me http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1383 and gets favorable response.

Have to love the internet. I think.

haha....i didnt even see your post but you do have a point. that has happened to me at BM before so dont feel bad. at least the threads are merged now....

im just pretty stoked at our offense. is there any reason that henry wont be a pro bowler this year? i see him having a better year than frank gore, larry johnson, rudy johnson and steven jackson. he could easily get 1800 yards.

If there is anything that will keep Henry out of the probowl it is the voters belief that is solely the system.

Is the system a part of the success of the running backs over the last decade? Yes,but you can not just throw anyone in and have a dominating runner.

TD did not just get 2k yards due to the system, he was a special back and would have been anywhere though maybe not 2k anywhere.

Henry is a guy that has rushed for big yards several times, and yes he does fit our system well. But like TD he is a special back that earns those yards as much as the system helps.

Our system can make an average back good, a good back great and a great back legendary but fact still remains it takes talent to start with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

The thing that worries is me injuries. Last year our D was the best in the league through the first 5-7 games, then Fergie and Sam Brandon got hurt and we fell off the deep end. I believe endurance was also an issue last year. As the season went on our D seemed to slow down towards the 4th quarter. With as many close games as we had last year, our D falling asleep late in the game hurts.

Health and consistency will be key for us this year. I don't care if we have the number 1 or the number 12 defense this year...as long as we can consistently stop the other team when we need to and win games, I'm happy.

Our run D against Buffalo was spotty and inconsistent. In the first and fourth quarter it seemed like we couldn't stop the run to save our lives, but in the second and third quarter Lynch had some problems doing a whole lot. If anything I would like to see it the other way around. Solid D is important in the first quarter because it builds confidence and momentum. It's important in the fourth quarter because thats when teams play desperate (one team needs to keep the other team off the field, and visa-versa); not to say we don't need good D in the second and third, but I think y'all get the idea.

Other than that, a couple of bonehead mistakes by Jay, and our inability to get in to the red-zone, I was pleased with our performance Sunday.

Give credit where credit is due though, I think a lot of us expected Denver to steamroll Buffalo. They've got a better team than most of us gave them credit for and I commend them for putting up a good fight and making things interesting.

And Rick, don't be a cry baby.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Question... what is the reason for so much excitement over that after 1 game?? I realize it is always nice to see, but considering it is the first game of the season it is pretty irrelevant as there are 15 more games left to see where they actually fall in with the rest of the league statistically.

Gnomeflinger was the first to use the correct number of A's in my username.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    And Rick, don't be a cry baby.
    Uh ya, that was constructive.

I really don't care if people respect what I post less than what others post. Just amazes me sometimes how much more others get when they post exactly the samething.

I tell ya, remarks like yours is what is makeing me enjoy this forum less and less everyday. At the start it had a great feeling to it, now it is very much taking on the feeling of the official forums where it is just full of little groups of people that are all important and the rest are just there for the posts.

Now MOD...

how about I say to ya BACK ON TOPIC.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Anyway... I usually wait about 4 games into the season until I start taking these stats for anything, much less that oft-heralded grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    The thing that worries is me injuries. Last year our D was the best in the league through the first 5-7 games, then Fergie and Sam Brandon got hurt and we fell off the deep end. I believe endurance was also an issue last year. As the season went on our D seemed to slow down towards the 4th quarter. With as many close games as we had last year, our D falling asleep late in the game hurts.

Health and consistency will be key for us this year. I don't care if we have the number 1 or the number 12 defense this year...as long as we can consistently stop the other team when we need to and win games, I'm happy.

Our run D against Buffalo was spotty and inconsistent. In the first and fourth quarter it seemed like we couldn't stop the run to save our lives, but in the second and third quarter Lynch had some problems doing a whole lot. If anything I would like to see it the other way around. Solid D is important in the first quarter because it builds confidence and momentum. It's important in the fourth quarter because thats when teams play desperate (one team needs to keep the other team off the field, and visa-versa); not to say we don't need good D in the second and third, but I think y'all get the idea.

Other than that, a couple of bonehead mistakes by Jay, and our inability to get in to the red-zone, I was pleased with our performance Sunday.

Give credit where credit is due though, I think a lot of us expected Denver to steamroll Buffalo. They've got a better team than most of us gave them credit for and I commend them for putting up a good fight and making things interesting.

Your correct to a degree about our D being pretty good last year but most of that was because of the teams being able to move between the 20's pretty much at will with coyers bend but don't break rule.

That pout the team on the field alot of minutes and they gave up a lot of yards they just did not get alot of TD's. MOstly because Champ took I think it was 5 Picks inside the 5 yards line and another couple inside the 20. Had it not been for him almost singlehandedly keeping them from scoring I'm not all that sure that you could call this defense anything but average, all that time.

He kept them from scoring 21 point in FG or 49 if they were TD's.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Your correct to a degree about our D being pretty good last year but most of that was because of the teams being able to move between the 20's pretty much at will with coyers bend but don't break rule.

That pout the team on the field alot of minutes and they gave up a lot of yards they just did not get alot of TD's. MOstly because Champ took I think it was 5 Picks inside the 5 yards line and another couple inside the 20. Had it not been for him almost singlehandedly keeping them from scoring I'm not all that sure that you could call this defense anything but average, all that time.

He kept them from scoring 21 point in FG or 49 if they were TD's.
    Good point and I do remember that as well.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information