Thread: Coach McD talks about Saturday's selections and this year's draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Coach McD talks about Saturday's selections and this year's draft

http://www.denverbroncos.com/ under video & audio

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Im sure someone will note in on of the pressers they only had 96 players on the board.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Im sure someone will note in on of the pressers they only had 96 players on the board.
    I heard that... but I won't hold it against them this year because the draft was so much better!

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Que someone saying -Que the haters in 5,4,3,2,1........

oh wait.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

6. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

"we feel like we're a deeper team, so we might be able to recoup some of those draft picks at some point"
    don't see how we'd do that other than by trading someone currently on the roster, so i would assume he means that adding the young guys we did could be the pre-amble to a trade. . . although i'd like to think he's going to evaluate everyone this year before making any moves. . .

i could see us franchising champ next year and trading him, and doom, kuper and harris are the other obvious choices (i don't buy the eddie royal paranoia). . . we did stock up on OLs, and added two young corners and a linebacker, so it's not impossible. . .

i've honestly felt for a while now that we'd probably trade harris after the year-- or if the CBA is the same, even give him a lower than max tender and see if someone steps up with an offer sheet like we did with marshall this year. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information