Poll: Grade the 2010 Bronco's Draft...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade the 2010 Denver Bronco's Draft

Default Grade the 2010 Denver Bronco's Draft

Pretty simple, folks...

Put your A+, B-, etc. in the same letter category just comment the +/- in your comment.

Oh, and make sure to work in all your McD, Tebow, etc. bashing along with the continued whining over Cutler's, Marshall's, (s)Chef's, etc. departures...

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Mind you, i'm not a big McDaniel's fan...

I give it a solid B+ grade. I love the Thomas pick (A). I love the Tebow pick (A). I love the Walton pick (A).

The Beadles pick had me scratching my head a little because i thought Ducasse or Asomoah were better option still on the board. His versatility in that he can kick out to RT is a plus, though. He's a low B to high C grade.

I like the Decker pick a LOT. I don't think he was as much a "need" and that there were better guys out there (at other positions - he was the BEST WR left available, IMO) to get. I give it a high B pick (A as a player, C for need).

Cox I like, but the "character questions" don't seem to jive with the new Broncos message. Value of A, but his character concerns and our "little bit of hypocrisy" make it a C pick.

Olsen was a solid pick, but I don't think he was a terrible need either. He is also a C based on need/talent level.

Most importantly, we didn't trade any next year's picks reaching for guys!

It all averages out to a high B in my book. A solid 8 out of 10. Well done by McDaniels and Xanders, IMO.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 04-24-2010 at 04:34 PM.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tim Tebow

All in All, I think it was a pretty solid draft. We addressed the defense in free agency and added a CB today. The offensive line should be pretty well set right now. I wont even get into the Tebow situation as my username states how I feel. I really like the decker addition as I think he will certainly see the field and make a name for himself in the locker room.Thomas has potential most certainly and I hope to see him opposite Eddie....I gave the draft a B.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tebow4Ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Ive give them a B. Without the Tebow pick it would of been an A. Much better than last year.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Probably a B-.

Would have easily been an A if we had stayed put with our 2nd, 3rd and 4th instead of taking on a project when much better players who project much higher were still on the board.

Preferred Dez Bryant too instead of Thomas but I can live with it.

Love, love... love the Cox pick. Great selection.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Edmonton Bronco Fan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

i'll get back to ya on this in 2 years

11. The Following 9 Users High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

B+ as of Thomas
    The F for Tebow brought overall down to D
    Good recovery the rest of the draft to bring it back up to C

But, as T.K.O. implied, we'll see . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I think we gave up too much for Tebow, but when you coach has a man crush on a player they make it happen. Thomas vs Dez? I hope McD was right. All the rest were solid, maybe trade Olsen for Dwyer n my opinion. Solid B+ in contrast to last years draft

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Marcus Thomas

D, I think ignoring the defense for the third year in a row is continue to bite us in the ass.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MadMax For This Post:

I'll give it a B

Liked trading back in the first round to get extra picks

Liked the D Thomas pick very much (I'm ok we took him over Dez)

Tebow? Didn't like this pick initially but I'm warming up to it. Tebow will be fun to watch and follow this year (I will definitely be going to the 1st preseason game now)
    Critics say Tebow isn't a traditional NFL QB but I think McDaniels is going to use him in non-traditional ways. And I REALLY like having a qb who can make plays with his feet (something Orton isn't good at)

The rest of the draft: seems like the Broncos got good value, and I was glad to see them beef up the offensive line. Like the wr pick in the 3rd and the cb in the 5th - good value picks.

Main dislike: while I am warming up to Tebow I didn't like trading all those picks to get him. I read the broncos had colt mccoy as one of their top 3. Would have preferred the broncos keep all those picks they did a masterful job acquiring by trading down in round one, and then take tebow if he was there with their 1st 2nd rounder, otherwise take colt. colt as it turns out would have been available with their 3rd.

Now if Tebow turns out great then McD was wise to nab him at the end of the first - just seems like McD locks in on a player and gives up too much to get him (like Alphonso last year).

I like that we didn't trade any of our 2011 picks. If this season goes poorly (which is a distinct possibility) its good we have our 1st round pick.

Overall I think McD did a better job in this year's draft than last year.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived titan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

For the record, as far as LB's go, Mcd stated there werent a whole lot of LB prospects out there he liked in the 3-4. So if an interior lineman was a better fit/value at that spot he took them instead. Of course I am paraphrasing. Go watch the press conference he just had for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    D, I think ignoring the defense for the third year in a row is continue to bite us in the ass.
    so we draft four defensive players last year and sign a few this off season and weve ignored the defense? Child please

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    If the defense can stay and play at the level they did last year and we get more production from offense i think we will be fine. The defense collapsed because we couldnt generate enough points on the offensive side of the ball. With a controlled ground game by improving the Oline should go a long way this year IF they pan out.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

C+

Loved days 2 and 3, but Tebow is too big of a question mark vs. the #2/#3/#4 surrendered for a B grade, IMO. Please let Tebow prove me wrong.

24. The Following 6 Users High Fived keithbishop For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    If the defense can stay and play at the level they did last year and we get more production from offense i think we will be fine. The defense collapsed because we couldnt generate enough points on the offensive side of the ball. With a controlled ground game by improving the Oline should go a long way this year IF they pan out.
    Converting 3rd downs will do a lot more for this defense than probably anyone we could have drafted.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information