Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver Panicked.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    So you guys are saying, that from McD's history in the draft of moving up..... McD didn't just move up to get his guy, but was "correct" in his assessment and there is NO WAY he made a mistake by trading away a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to get back into the first round? Its the owner of the Bills that is nuts
    Ralph Wilson is senile. I think that widely accepted as fact.
    Last edited by slim; 04-23-2010 at 04:03 PM.

2. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Buffalo Bills Trading Up Into First Round for Tim Tebow?

http://nflspinzone.com/2010/04/21/bu...for-tim-tebow/

The newest reports are that of the former, and suggest that if Tim Tebow is available at 30th overall, he will become a Minnesota Viking.

The Buffalo Bills’ name has been thrown around in the quarterback talk. There’s no question that they are a team in need of an upgrade at the position, and reports have it that they believe Tebow is their guy.

This is where the Vikings come in.

The Vikings may have no intentions at all of drafting Tebow, but if they know that Buffalo intends on taking him, they can use that to their advantage to pick up a few extra picks.

The Bills certainly have the firepower to move up if they truly want to, and I believe they’ll need to. They have eight picks after their first round selection, and a disgruntled, young running back as compensation for a team looking to move down and accrue extra draft picks.

The hype on Tebow continues to grow, and it may catapult him into the first round so that a team can assure that they will get their guy. For Buffalo, Tebow is “their guy”, and Minnesota is using the media to their advantage by putting up the smokescreen leaving Buffalo with no choice to move up, or call the bluff and lose out on the player they wanted.

And who knows, maybe Minnesota really does want Tebow. It’s what makes the draft the most exciting part of the off-season.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Who's Derek Peiffer? Does he work for the organization?

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

By Josh and X trading down, we basically took Tebow with our second rounder.........AND picked up an extra third along the way..........AND got us a WR playmaker to boot.

Panicked?

Looked VERY much like EXECUTION to me.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

We shate ourselves.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    By Josh and X trading down, we basically took Tebow with our second rounder.........AND picked up an extra third along the way..........AND got us a WR playmaker to boot.

Panicked?

If only Denver already had a play making receiver and didn't have to waste a pick to draft one................

On a serious note, I didn't oppose trading Marshall, but damn there were so many other needs besides WR and QB. Last night I asked myself if Denver is better after the first round of the draft than they were at the end of last year and I don't know how any objective person could say that they are. i know there is a long way to go, but I still haven't seen anything out of this football operation that gives me confidence that they know what they're doing.

I'm also not against the Tebow pick, just not at that spot. Too many other needs....... too many other needs.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    If only Denver already had a play making receiver and didn't have to waste a pick to draft one................

On a serious note, I didn't oppose trading Marshall, but damn there were so many other needs besides WR and QB. Last night I asked myself if Denver is better after the first round of the draft than they were at the end of last year and I don't know how any objective person could say they are. i know there is a long way to go, but I still haven't seen anything out of this football operation that gives me confidence that they know what they're doing.

I'm also not against the Tebow pick, just not at that spot. Too many other needs....... too many other needs.
    Dont worry, we will do it all again next year.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    We shate ourselves.
    OK thats it. No more negativity today or your going down for a nap.
    I mean it buster!

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived SOCALORADO. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by SOCALORADO. View Post
    OK thats it. No more negativity today or your going down for a nap.
    I mean it buster!
    yea, north. . . we're gonna have to put your surly ass in timeout. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    I'm calling bullshit. Wilson is just mad because we took the player they coveted in the 2nd round. There were numerous rumors about them "going hard" after a move up to grab Tebow. We beat them out with our offer to the Ravens. Wilson should shut the **** up about who we took. If he's not upset and thinks we panicked, why is he even saying stuff in the media? Oh yeah, it's because he's PISSED that we took him with our 2nd pick and they didn't.

IIRC we got the call from the ravens telling us BUF was trying to mow up and get TEbow.

They did not seem to want to have him playing in their division or area. Or they just liked Josh better than BUF. Who knows what really happened but We got who we wanted and I suspect lots of doubters will come on board after he has been here awhile.

17. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

It's only a matter of time before Clay puts North on ignore.

19. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yea, north. . . we're gonna have to put your surly ass in timeout. . . .
    Am i getting annoying yet?

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

At least it's different posters getting riled up. Being able to predict the response of half the members of the board verbatim was getting old.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

23. Default

according to ralph wilson the future is better for Trent Stanton then tebow LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post

Panicked?

Nice try on using the Maylock quote.

But we didn't.

If you sold a car and profited 1000 dollars, then turned around and bought a car for 750 dollars... did you get the second car for free, or did you REALLY spend 750 dollars that you had?

We HAD an additional 2nd 3rd and 4th in one of the deepest drafts... we used those picks to get tebow...after using a 4th on Quinn. How many draft picks have we used on QBs.... didn't we move up with a pick last year for Brandsater?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information