Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: No one can hate on tebow after hearing this....

Dont get me wrong I am not saying he will come in and start from day 1. I think we will see him this year, but not much....I honestly think he needs atleast 2 years to get everything up to speed.....

Having said that- people keep going back to the throwing motion and footwork, which atrocious, but so what. He still thew plenty of passes, and most of them from the vids looked pretty accurate. Fact of the matter is, if he throws a jump pass, or any other pass, he can throw the football and thats fine as long as it works for him.....If it works what is the problem???

Even though Happy gilmore was fiction, he still made his goofy swing work for him. Once again it doesnt matter so much.

What matters is him being able to read defenses, get the ball in the tight windows, and win. We know he can do the last, it will take a couple years to hone the first two. But this kid can do it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Bradford can read defenses, and his throws are tops.
    How do you know he can read defenses? He didn't do it at Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Micheal Vick was the greatest running QB of all time.

You do not WANT your QB running "OVER" people in the NFL...its a passing league and the amount of money you pay your QB, the last thing you want him doing is taking shots from STUD LBs each week.

The thing about the Pros... as opposed to college... is that Tebow will be facing pro-level Defensive ends, LBs, and SS bashing into him EACH week, as opposed to every once in a while in college.
    first off, tebow has 57 RUSHING TDs more than hershel walker, second off he payed in the SEC meaning that he played NFL level talent nearly every week
    ------
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    ------

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived SBboundBRONCOS For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rocks View Post
    How do you know he can read defenses? He didn't do it at Oklahoma.
    He did recognize coverages. That's a step in itself. I'm sure he checked the safeties after the ball was snapped as well.

He has also made every throw in the book at some point or another, and has great accuracy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Here's my support for Tebag.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    You're not seriously looking at stats are you? Because that would place TT QB's, and Hawaii QB's, who also run a spread offense, at an all time high.

FLorida runs a spread option run, with a ratio of 70-30 or so run to pass. Something like that. Every pass play Tebow has made in his career, has probably been 1 on 1 coverage, with great to elite WR's trying to beat average CB's 1 on 1, with the exceptions of great CB's in the SEC, who Urban Meyer probably never even called a pass play towards.
    It's about 50/50. Maybe 55/45. I guess you don't want too much UF football because he threw a lot of passes into coverage (with very little int's).

Are you saying the CB's in the Big 12 are better than those in the SEC? Are you saying the defenses are better in the Big 12 than the SEC? I (and most every other analyst) seriously doubts that.

Fact is, Tebow played and beat some of the most difficult defenses while in college. All the while he accumulated some of the most prolific stats (including passer rating / completion ratio) put up by a QB ever.

Bradford nor Tebow did very much in the way of reading defenses. They were always looking to the sideline to get the defensive read. They both played in very similar offenses (spread attacks) and made the same progressions. Bradford is better and getting through the reads before running than Tebow is right now, but that will change.

The biggest difference between the two of them (besides the championship rings) is that St. Louis going to spend $50 million to see if Bradford will be their next QB while Denver will spend about $15 million. Not to mention Tebow will be in special packages for him next year while he learns the position. Bradford won't be so lucky. They better have a good oline in St. Louis. Better protect that shoulder.

I know you don't like Tebow now, but I can almost guarantee you will by the end of 2010.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived rocks For This Post:

He did recognize coverages. That's a step in itself. I'm sure he checked the safeties after the ball was snapped as well.

He has also made every throw in the book at some point or another, and has great accuracy.
    Tebow never checked the safeties after the ball was snapped. What did he do? Ignore them? No, he checked the safeties too. He threw freaking 88 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. You don't have those type of crazy stats by not reading defenses. Sorry, you don't.

As far as accuracy goes, I do think Bradford is a little more accurate. That doesn't make him a better QB and certainly not worth $35 million more to me.

11. The Following User High Fived rocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    From ed werder-

Tebow wanted to stay in town after the press conference today. Josh MF Mcd. said NFL rules prohibit this. So tebow is going to rent a hotel room and stay on his own dime so the coaches can come down and go over the playbook and get tebow a head start on learning it...

That my friends is badass no matter how you look at it!
    so? he will still be a bust, failure, or whatever you wanna call him. this is Denver's version of the Chiefs picking Todd Blackledge.

I can't wait to see it all fail and everything come tumbling down so Tebow and McDaniels can get run the **** out of town.

I hope we go 0-16, just so it happens at the end of this season and we can acquire Bill Cowher or Marty Schottenheimer, or someone competent enough to run this team properly, because McDumbshit certainly isn't qualified.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    He has a passion for the game like Peyton Manning.

He has "it". If he doesn't succeed it will be his brain, not his heart or his physical ability.
    I am really falling in love with this kid. I hope Josh watches his potty mouth around him!
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    so? he will still be a bust, failure, or whatever you wanna call him. this is Denver's version of the Chiefs picking Todd Blackledge.

I can't wait to see it all fail and everything come tumbling down so Tebow and McDaniels can get run the **** out of town.

I hope we go 0-16, just so it happens at the end of this season and we can acquire Bill Cowher or Marty Schottenheimer, or someone competent enough to run this team properly, because McDumbshit certainly isn't qualified.
    lol this is some of the most asinine posting i have ever seen, why cant you just root for the team to freaking win, just because you dont like McD

even if he proves to win and win your gonna hate him and theres no changing the minds of the ignorant
    ------
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    ------

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived SBboundBRONCOS For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

Sorry tebow, but all we were trying to do was win a mother****ing game~

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    This is the one that Utterly scares me the most... The rest I am not even worried about if he doesnt change, because he makes it work. However, this one still gives me The Freak Out.
    Sam Bradford has as much experience with this.

The spread QB's are all like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Nolan / Andre' Goodman

I like the guy. We obviously don't have a guy we can solidly say is our qb yet so i'm down for the guy a shot. Happens all the time when the guy who supposidly god's gift toe football isn't and the one they said is crap is.
    ...they always act tuff in the club, cause they know i just got searched at the door.

LULZ

Bradford's accuracy is uncanny. He's made virtually every throw in the book at some point in his NFL career. He also displayed the ability to go through his reads, and his progressions.
    Bradford is a beast.

But.....

He's in the same boat as Tebow. He looked to the sidelines and got the calls. He never read defenses, he dropped back into an open area and because of his offense and surrounding talent he threw the ball to people who were pretty much wide open.

I don't like the Tebow pick in round one. I think he would have been there in round three. I don't like him as a QB, I LOVE him as an NFL offensive player in general.

This is the defining moment in McD's career.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    first off, tebow has 57 RUSHING TDs more than hershel walker, second off he payed in the SEC meaning that he played NFL level talent nearly every week
    And? So you are saying, that he will run like that in the NFL? You think this is what owners/GMs/coaches want from an NFL QB? I don't see your point.

He's not fast...but he will make his running plays, sure. But he's nto going to run over defenses in the NFL. He's not going to be able to run the option all the time. We can't simply use him as a running back like they did in Flordia.

He may have faced 1.. maybe TWO players on the opposing teams that make it in the NFL.... certainly NOT every weeek. You are exaggerating.. or.. jsut simply incorrect. Either way... I promise you that not a single defense he played again, has as many "NFL starters" as any NFL defense he will play against. HUGE differences.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information