Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Demaryius Thomas

Default Demaryius Thomas

Lost in the hoopla of the Tebow pick is the pick of Demaryius Thomas. Watch his highlights and you'll see a kid that will remind you a lot of a former Denver Bronco on the field. Chime in, folks.

Last edited by frauschieze; 04-22-2010 at 10:58 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Thomas is a solid pick. I liked it before the train wreck happened.

He was the first pick taken tonight that wasn't grinning from ear to ear or crying tears of joy.

He looked legitimately displeased to be coming to Denver.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

You can tell he's a southern boy in his interview...
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Thomas is a solid pick. I liked it before the train wreck happened.
    Yeah, I'm sure every thread on this forum will get sidetracked into a Tebow complaint thread eventually. Love or hate Tebow, let's talk about Thomas in this one.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I loved this pick. I'm going on record RIGHT NOW saying he's going to be very good for us, and will probably contribute immediately. I'm a fan of this kid. Reminds me of a certain BEAST that used to play in Denver. Hope he's at least almost as good!

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived Italianmobstr7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    He was the first pick taken tonight that wasn't grinning from ear to ear or crying tears of joy.

I agree, he didn't look too happy, maybe he was just shocked. I don't know, I still wish we would have taken Bryant though.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

11. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Anyone know how to post the youtube link as a video box so you can just click on it and watch it in the original post? Help me out here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post

What in the HELL were you watching tonight?????????

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

All I want to say is thank God we didnt go after Arelious Benn.

Thomas will be a beast for sure.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

Demaryius Thomas reminds me of Michael Clayton from the Buccaneers. Clayton is a great player no?

I get that Demaryius has potential, but he can't run routes. He's a very poor route runner, doesn't know how to run a route tree, and has inconsistent hands. He's a big play receiver, but it makes no difference if he can't separate by running routes.

His agent and himself CLAIM that he can run 4.3 and 4.4 in the 40 yard dash, but there's no proof. Do you think he's stupid enough to say that he runs 4.5 and 4.6? Hell no. I take his claim with a grain of salt. I didn't see 4.3 speed when watching videos of him.

I would've been much happier with taking Jared Odrick at 22 and Damian Williams in the 2nd round, but whatever.

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived getlynched47 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
    I loved this pick. I'm going on record RIGHT NOW saying he's going to be very good for us, and will probably contribute immediately. I'm a fan of this kid. Reminds me of a certain BEAST that used to play in Denver. Hope he's at least almost as good!
    He reminds me a little of Marshall, but I did not see the jumping capability or the escapeability of Marshall. But he looks like he will be a solid wideout.

I still think we will take another wideout before the end of the draft...Cooper, White, Briscoe?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure every thread on this forum will get sidetracked into a Tebow complaint thread eventually. Love or hate Tebow, let's talk about Thomas in this one.

I did.

If we are lucky, maybe one day he will be close to as good as Marshall. So why do you trade a WR if you are going to draft one in the first round?
    RIP BroncosFreak and OrangeMane

One ex-scout I've been reading for a few years is Russ Landis. He puts out a draft guide (GMJr) and works for the Sporting News. He's been right more often than wrong on players in the past.

Landis says this about Thomas:

"Thomas broken foot will limit his ability to work out for teams before the draft, but if he falls down the draft boards because of his injury some team is going to get a great bargain because in our view he's clearly the best receiver in the draft and has the talent to become a game changing receiver in time."

Landis top 4 players in his grading scale for 2010 are:

Sam Bradford 8.6
    Suh 8.6
    Derrick Morgan 8.6
    Demaryius Thomas 8.6

(8.5-9.0: a pro bowl player, a true difference maker)

The year the Broncos drafted Cutler I was all excited about the pick. But it concerned me that Landis wasn't that high on Cutler. "Sloppy footwork - he'll throw alot of interceptions" Landis wrote at the time. He was right (so far) about Cutler - let's hope he's right about Thomas.

Good pick.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived titan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information