Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Torain RB ASU 5th Rd Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Amen to that comment.. maybe to get back to 8-8.

But playoffs not a chance unless SAN has a bomb go off during a training session that takes out their entire starting lineup they are going to rule the roost again this year..
    I want to see Denver beat them down this year. If there's one thing we can all agree on here its that Philip Rivers is the most hated player in Denver. When our pass rush comes together this season he's gonna have a lot less to say to Jay.

2. The Following User High Fived r8rh8r For This Post:

File it away
    Denver scored big with Arizona State running back Ryan Torain. This is a great fit.

The Broncos know what they are doing when it comes to running backs. They make it work with just about anybody. That was abundantly evident the past two years when Mike Bell and Selvin Young, both undrafted, stood out as rookies. Now, it's Torain's turn.

Unlike Bell and Young, who came into the league as average players who benefited by fitting Denver's scheme, Torain has a ton of natural ability. At 6-feet, 220 pounds, he is rugged and his running style fits Denver's vaunted zone-blocking scheme.

The Broncos drafted him in the fifth round because he was injured much of last season. But he is healthy now, so expect him to immediately get a chance to run the ball in Mike Shanahan's offense.

Young and veteran Travis Henry are also in the mix, but watch for Torain to emerge as a legitimate running back in this system soon.

Bill Williamson covers the NFL for ESPN.com.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ill&id=3370625

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Scarface For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

If Torain pans out this was hands down a great draft!

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I was excited till I saw Williamson wrote it!
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

7. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8r View Post
    I want to see Denver beat them down this year. If there's one thing we can all agree on here its that Philip Rivers is the most hated player in Denver. When our pass rush comes together this season he's gonna have a lot less to say to Jay.
    lets hope so but they have a damned good team they have built over the past 4-5 years..

I fear more for OUR QB getting face planted, than us getting to rivers as we speak..

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I was excited till I saw Williamson wrote it!
    Burger Bill is right. I don't understand all the negativity about this pick. I guess it's just because most people have never heard of him. Now, I am a little biased, but I think he will be a quality NFL back.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Burger Bill is right. I don't understand all the negativity about this pick. I guess it's just because most people have never heard of him. Now, I am a little biased, but I think he will be a quality NFL back.
    No, being familiar with him doesnt make the pick more impressive. People proabably would like it more if they didnt know.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I have bashed Shanny as much as anyone on his draft record, but when it comes to late round RB picks, I'll defer to his opinion every time. Love it or hate it, he is the best at finding hidden gems at the RB positions in the later rounds. I'm backing him on this pick.
    Theres a difference between it being the system/"anyone can do it" and picking talent late. If anyone can do it, it doesnt mean we are picking good talent late,...it just means we are getting by on marginal talent because of the system. And along those lines, if any joe schmoe can excel in this system, imagine what an eliter runner can do.

13. The Following User High Fived lex For This Post:

Slim, I blame all the negativity toward Ryan Torian on you. You should have done a better job of promoting this guy.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived tubby For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Slim sucks at recruiting IMO.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8r View Post
    Just because you have a negative opinion about a pick, doesn't mean you are impatient. People are just expressing their views. If we all have the same opinion, then there's no point in having a message board. If we all are supposed to wash all the judging thoughts out of our mind and wait until 2010 to see how it turns out, there's no point in having a message board.
    I think what bothers people the most is that because it is not a guy that they know are wanted they automatically write Ryan off as a bad pick. I can understand not liking the pick but people say horrible pick, season is over. Write off the player before he even does anything. Seems to me that Ryan could be a 3rd down back, get a TD or two, hey we could of had another player but we have to see what happens with Ryan a player who has a chance to help the team all be it little if he gets some carries. What if we would have selected Goff or said DT, would he of started ahead of the 2 LB's we signed to start and Williams or sit on the bench? Who knows.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Slim sucks at recruiting IMO.
    That's not the only thing I suck at.

20. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Slim, what can you tell me about Ryan Torian's corn-rows? Did he cut them off after the Lisfranc injury?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Slim, what can you tell me about Ryan's corn-rows? Did he cut them off after the Lisfranc injury?
    I think he ditched the corn-rows awhile back. I think that's why he ran such a slow 40 time...

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I think he ditched the corn-rows awhile back. I think that's why he ran such a slow 40 time...
    Good call on his part. I hope Clady does the same or I may have flashbacks of Foster.

Shanahan said Torain has first round ability.

24. The Following User High Fived tubby For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information