Page 2 of 143 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL Draft Day Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I've settled on Bryant as my favorite for #11. I usually cringe at taking a WR in
    the first round, but Bryant may be the best WR prospect in years, and he may
    be the best all around football player in this draft. And he does fill a need.

If the Broncos trade back, then Pouncey. No one else.

FWIW.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Hmmm, NFL Network guys are doing a mock draft for the first round and they have us taking DE Derrick Morgan from GT.
    They did one yesterday to, Marriuci had us grab McClain at #11. They are fun to watch, though a little to much back patting.... they had Jason Pierre Paul go at #7 to....... never invite Micheal Irving to a mock (Irving didn't pick him... jsut saying, not my first choice as a mock GM).
    Temp sig till I find another one

4. The Following User High Fived BigBroncLove For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

McD = McDraft!

Let's DO THIS!!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I have been listening to Mike Evans on FM104.3 The Fan - two comments he made, which I found interesting:

He would prefer the Broncos use the #11 draft choice to take a "guts" position player, which he stated the Broncos have ignored for years, rather than a "skills" position player.

He also said that "money" will more than likely drive the Broncos' draft. He stated to the average Joe - Bowlen has money; however, when comparing Bowlen's money to some other owner's money - there is no comparison. Evans stated that is why, in his opinion, that the Broncos traded one of their #1 draft picks away last year.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I have been listening to Mike Evans on FM104.3 The Fan - two comments he made, which I found interesting:

He would prefer the Broncos use the #11 draft choice to take a "guts" position player, which he stated the Broncos have ignored for years, rather than a "skills" position player.

He also said that "money" will more than likely drive the Broncos' draft. He stated to the average Joe - Bowlen has money; however, when comparing Bowlen's money to some other owner's money - there is no comparison. Evans stated that is why, in his opinion, that the Broncos traded one of their #1 draft picks away last year.

Cant say i totally agree with him there. A "guts" player could mean anyone including Tebag. Im fine with trading back if necessary but if we choose at #11 we need to take the BPA.

Adopted Bronco:

Cant say i totally agree with him there. A "guts" player could mean anyone including Tebag. Im fine with trading back if necessary but if we choose at #11 we need to take the BPA.
    No, by "guts" position player, he meant an offensive or defensive lineman, etc, not a "skills" position player that is used in "fantasy football" - QB, WR, RB, etc.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Tebag!!!!! That's awesome!

12. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Seen things saying Berry might go to the Skins, if so do you trade down with Philly #24 and see if anyone slips, D. Thomas at 24 would not bother me, then grab gaurd/ILB with the 2nd round picks.

Plus add more ammo to move with.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

I wonder if we are going to need a positive only thread

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Enjoy the draft everyone!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I wonder if we are going to need a positive only thread
    You know what T - I think if I were you, I would set it up IMMEDIATELY

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos' back-up plan likely

http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14933079

As the Broncos shut off the lights Wednesday night, the best bet as to what they will do with the No. 11 draft pick tonight was clear. They wouldn't have a No. 11 pick.

The Broncos spent much of Wednesday talking to teams about the possibility of moving back from No. 11 with the idea of selecting later in the first round while adding an extra draft selection in the second or third rounds.

"I think the odds would be in favor of us moving backwards, probably because the most opportunity lies there," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said at his one predraft news conference.

The NFL draft will conduct its first round tonight starting around 5:30 p.m. MDT with the St. Louis Rams expected to use the No. 1 pick on quarterback Sam Bradford. The second and third rounds will be held Friday night with the final four rounds Saturday.

If the Broncos are able to move back from No. 11 and use their first-round selection somewhere in the No. 14-19 area, likely targets are Brandon Graham, a hybrid pass rusher from Michigan, Dan Williams, a nose tackle from Tennessee, or Maurkice Pouncey, a center from Florida. Alabama inside linebacker Rolando McClain would become a possibility if the Broncos stay at No. 11.

And keep in mind, before the Broncos acquired Brady Quinn, owner Pat Bowlen said his team might draft a quarterback. Would they consider Tim Tebow later in the first or early in the second?

The Broncos are in a prime trade- out position at No. 11 because it is widely believed around the NFL that the San Francisco 49ers covet Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen with the No. 13 selection.

Other teams seeking Clausen would have to jump ahead of the 49ers to get him. And that's where the Broncos' No. 11 pick comes into play.

The Broncos would raise a few eyebrows if they take Graham because they had selected a hybrid — a defensive end who converts to an outside linebacker in a 3-4 system — in Robert Ayers with the No. 18 pick last year.

However, Graham would make sense for several reasons. One, a pass rusher is considered a premium position worthy of the $20 million contract and $16 million guarantee that is slotted for No. 11 pick. Such a contract would be considered too steep for a center, which is why the Broncos are not expected to select Pouncey unless they move back from No. 11.

Two, while the Broncos chose Ayers last year, they may have lost their second best-pass rusher in Darrell Reid. A veteran outside linebacker who had four sacks last year, Reid underwent knee surgery in the offseason.

And three, the Broncos' star pass-rushing hybrid, Elvis Dumervil, could become an unrestricted free agent after the 2010 season.

"We'd like to add some depth in terms of the front seven, linebackers in particular," McDaniels said.

The 327-pound Williams is considered the best nose tackle in the draft. The Broncos added a quality nose tackle by signing Jamal Williams away from San Diego. But Jamal Williams will carry questions of health and age into the season. If the Broncos decide to get a nose tackle in the second or third round, they would have interest in Alabama's Terrence Cody.

It's almost easier to predict what the Broncos will do Friday as they are not expected to get past the second or third rounds without addressing their needs at center. The Broncos have two second-round picks and a third-rounder.

Pouncey is expected to be gone by the second round, but the Broncos have also taken long looks at centers J.D. Walton of Baylor, Boston College's Matt Tennant and UNLV's Joe Hawley.

Where the Broncos spent perhaps the largest segment of their predraft evaluations was on second round-caliber receivers. Besides Dez Bryant, a top 10 talent who could slide to the second round because of character concerns, the Broncos would like to get either Illinois' Arrelious Benn, USC's Damian Williams, South Florida's Carlton Mitchell or Mississippi's Dexter McCluster on Friday.

The Broncos are under pressure to hit on their early draft choices after they got disappointing production from the five picks they had in the first two rounds of their 2009 class.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

19. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Tebag!!!!! That's awesome!
    Thank my wife, she came up with that.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

One more hour, one flaw with primetime it takes to long to get here

Thanks MasterShake!!!

22. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

So are we all going to be flooding here in this thread or is the CHAT ROOM going to be the place we hang?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information