Page 143 of 143 FirstFirst ... 43 93 133 141 142 143
Results 2,131 to 2,141 of 2141

Thread: The OFFICIAL Draft Day Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    So your saying that ignoring the defense with personnel and and beefing up the Offense to the determent had nothing to do with mike getting fired.

Placing most of his faith in jay to win with a lame duck defense was not an issue.

Believing that an over powering O with jay doing his thing would save his bacon?

Yes not firing slowitt was the ultimate reason but I think most of us can see that mike was betting his future on jay Etal to save his jobs.
    That's where you're wrong and have never been close to right. Shanahan was fired because he wasn't going to let Slowick that's a fact which is not up for debate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    That's where you're wrong and have never been close to right. Shanahan was fired because he wasn't going to let Slowick that's a fact which is not up for debate.
    Are you sure about that? Do you have a link source for that? Although i believe it did play a part i dont recall ever seeing anything in writing regarding that being the reason Shanny was let go. Bowlen said that he wanted to get back to the playoffs and that he needed to try something new. Unless you have a direct source that it was because of Slowik im not sure you can call that as fact.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

The offense Shanahan put together was absolutely the reason to KEEP shanahan, and not to fire him.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    The offense Shanahan put together was absolutely the reason to KEEP shanahan, and not to fire him.
    Shanahan maybe didn't want to be fired, and it may have been better had he not...but you can not tell your boss that you'll not do something when he stresses the point to you to do so...at that point you're sort of asking to get the boot. If Shanahan would have listened and got a better defensive coordinator, like Nolan for example then he'd still be here. What he's doing in D.C. is what he should have been doing here!

It sucks that it took his ass being fired for him to understand...but he sort of asked for it Rav, no matter if I like it or not.

7. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Shanahan maybe didn't want to be fired, and it may have been better had he not...but you can not tell your boss that you'll not do something when he stresses the point to you to do so...at that point you're sort of asking to get the boot. If Shanahan would have listened and got a better defensive coordinator, like Nolan for example then he'd still be here. What he's doing in D.C. is what he should have been doing here!

It sucks that it took his ass being fired for him to understand...but he sort of asked for it Rav, no matter if I like it or not.
    things were stale under Shanny. both sides needed some fresh air. ideally, he would have resigned rather than having to get fired, but it was still the right move. imo the future is looking bright for both parties at the moment.
    If not me, who?

9. The Following User High Fived bcbronc For This Post:

So you were there in the meeting between Mike and PAT and you know this to be totally true.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Are you sure about that? Do you have a link source for that? Although i believe it did play a part i dont recall ever seeing anything in writing regarding that being the reason Shanny was let go. Bowlen said that he wanted to get back to the playoffs and that he needed to try something new. Unless you have a direct source that it was because of Slowik im not sure you can call that as fact.
    I do remember it being spoken of around here for the past year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

So you were there in the meeting between Mike and PAT and you know this to be totally true.
    You just popped off about how Cutler got five coaches fired you have proof of this how?

It's been a year, so I might be making things up in my head, but I thought Bowlen was specifically asked this question (about Shanahan refusing to fire someone) and Bowlen said that never happened, he just felt it was time for a change.

So, while it is possible that Shanahan refused to fire Slowik and Bowlen just didn't want to go into those details, I am not aware of any proof that it happened that way, just fan/media speculation.

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    It's been a year, so I might be making things up in my head, but I thought Bowlen was specifically asked this question (about Shanahan refusing to fire someone) and Bowlen said that never happened, he just felt it was time for a change.

So, while it is possible that Shanahan refused to fire Slowik and Bowlen just didn't want to go into those details, I am not aware of any proof that it happened that way, just fan/media speculation.
    Using the word fact was definitly the wrong word to use however it's only now Jr is claiming to be a front office insider.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Default About time!!!

Hell I didn't know where to put this and I didn't want to start a thread, but I agree with Goodells stance and it sounds like the PA seems to agree as well! So caution to the rookies if they want to sit out this year!!

Jake Locker should have come out this year instead!

__________________________________________________ ___________

Goodell makes case for rookie wage scale
    Posted by Mike Florio on April 26, 2010 8:21 AM ET
    The biggest difference between NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and his peers arises from the fact that, in our view, Goodell hasn't forgotten what it's like to be a fan of the sport he runs. And so he thinks and communicates like a fan, especially when talking to other fans.

After he finished calling out draft picks on Friday night from the stage at Radio City Music Hall, he held court for an extended period of time with a throng of fans near the ESPN broadcast platform. On Saturday, Goodell talked to a group of fans at the draft who won a chance for a sit-down with the Commish, and he spoke about the issue of rookie pay in a manner that surely will resonate with everyone who hears his words.

Except the rookies and their agents.

"I love [Rams quarterback] Sam Bradford, and I hope he's great, but he probably made somewhere between $40 and $45 million the night before last," Goodell said. "He has not even hit the field yet and that's a guaranteed contract. So if Sam Bradford can't play, what good does that do any other NFL player? As much as I like these young rookies, and I do think they're terrific, it's crazy to give someone who hasn't proven themselves on the NFL field $45 million.

"I think over these three days, we will give $600 million in guaranteed money to these rookies that you're hearing their names. $600 million. And if let's just say half of them don't make it and the money is equivalent to this, that's $300 million out the door. It doesn't go to veterans, it doesn't go to owners. It goes to somebody who couldn't play the game. That's wasting money."

He's right. Now that the draft is over, we can focus on the fact that history tells us roughly half of the players picked will indeed be busts. And so roughly half of them won't live up to the huge contracts those taken at the top of the process will receive.

It's an issue on which the NFL and the union appear to now agree, and a deal likely would be reached on this point if/when a consensus can be established as to the broader issue of pay and benefits for all players. Still, there's a strong sense in league circles that 2010 will be the last year of the "free money" -- and any rookies who don't like what they're offered in the coming months and who contemplate sitting out the year and re-entering the draft should keep that in mind.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information