Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gta Iv

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    I don't like the controls, you can't stear a car worth a crap and it is impossible to punch anyone even if you have them targeted.
    The controls certainly take a little getting used................I've certainly had a few collisions due to mashing the 'wrong' brake button
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Not only is this clearly the best version of the best game franchise in history (with the exception of possibly Madden)... The fact that it's got online multiplayer, headset compatible, makes it un-*******-believable... My friends and I were all flying our helicopters around, doing nothing in general besides terrorizing the city last night talking about how crazy it is to have a city that big and to be able to do whatever the hell you want... And that's just when you're in a party waiting to play the actual games... (Which they have a nice selection of).

I still suck pretty bad, but that's to be expected. Woman's out of town all weekend, so I know what I'll be doing.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

This game is INCREDIBLE.

Admin on the "other" site, still your friendly Broncos fan

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Jeez... being chased by the cops and crashing into a wall and flying through the windshield and over a fence... hoofing it underneath a bridge as the fuzz scours for you... fun game
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

6. The Following User High Fived NameUsedBefore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    The controls certainly take a little getting used................I've certainly had a few collisions due to mashing the 'wrong' brake button
    Can't you change the controls to the "classic" controls? Or are you already used to the new controls?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Can't you change the controls to the "classic" controls? Or are you already used to the new controls?
    Hmmmmm, I've not looked at that possibility.........something to do later
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

So bad news everyone... The game has a loading problem for PS3, if it hasn't affected you yet, consider yourself lucky-- I had to delete my game utility files and my saved game data just to get the thing to load again...

Check out gtaforums.com or just google gta 4 loading... Bad news.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_bronc_fan View Post
    So bad news everyone... The game has a loading problem for PS3, if it hasn't affected you yet, consider yourself lucky-- I had to delete my game utility files and my saved game data just to get the thing to load again...

Yeah, had the same problem earlier

I just deleted backwards through my saves until I got a good one, and it was OK after that, guess I'll know more tonight
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

If I turn off my network connection it's worked a couple times... But no multi-player, and only a matter of time before it freezes again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

If I turn off my network connection it's worked a couple times... But no multi-player, and only a matter of time before it freezes again.
    Deleting backwards doesn't help, had to start from scratch again

Not to fussed at the moment about the multi-player, and I've not had any freezes (yet ), so I'll just keep the network off for now
    You'll Never Walk Alone

Unless you have a 360
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

i love the game, but the pop-in on the 360 version is pretty terrible.

stuff is constantly popping in, and most times when i'm straight-lining it, the ground just disappears and all the cars are floating.

i heard this wasn't as bad on the ps3 version, but then you have freezing to deal with! no freezing for me yet (i have also heard both versions freeze... idk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    i love the game, but the pop-in on the 360 version is pretty terrible.

stuff is constantly popping in, and most times when i'm straight-lining it, the ground just disappears and all the cars are floating.

i heard this wasn't as bad on the ps3 version, but then you have freezing to deal with! no freezing for me yet (i have also heard both versions freeze... idk)
    Shaw, I've seen some pop-up (nothing close to GTA's of old though), but haven't had the ground disappear or have floating cars. That's friggin crazy! I did have the game freeze on me once however, but no other problems. The only pop-up I've had is buildings (several blocks away) popping in. How old is your 360? It almost sounds like it's having problems reading the disc, however, I'm far from a 360 expert. I'm wondering if I just got a "good one." Never had the rings of death, no overheating, It's been almost flawless. Only had it about 6 months though.
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Shaw, I've seen some pop-up (nothing close to GTA's of old though), but haven't had the ground disappear or have floating cars. That's friggin crazy! I did have the game freeze on me once however, but no other problems. The only pop-up I've had is buildings (several blocks away) popping in. How old is your 360? It almost sounds like it's having problems reading the disc, however, I'm far from a 360 expert. I'm wondering if I just got a "good one." Never had the rings of death, no overheating, It's been almost flawless. Only had it about 6 months though.
    it's my roommates 360 and it's a 2 month old refurb (i believe). he was having some problems with it, tried to induce red ring of death, but failed, but then sent it in and when it came back, it wasn't the same machine that he sent, so we assume it is a factory refurb... we've had it happen lots of times already, along with a lot of other pop-in issues. i read that the 360 version was pretty bad when it came to pop-ins, but it's kinda out of control... haven't seen the ps3 version. his 360 makes lots of noise too, but the last one did too, and i know 360s have rep of being very noisy machines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    it's my roommates 360 and it's a 2 month old refurb (i believe). he was having some problems with it, tried to induce red ring of death, but failed, but then sent it in and when it came back, it wasn't the same machine that he sent, so we assume it is a factory refurb... we've had it happen lots of times already, along with a lot of other pop-in issues. i read that the 360 version was pretty bad when it came to pop-ins, but it's kinda out of control... haven't seen the ps3 version. his 360 makes lots of noise too, but the last one did too, and i know 360s have rep of being very noisy machines.
    My buddy has a ps3 and we played for a couple hours the other day. There is less pop-up than the 360 version (which I have) but there is still a little bit, game looks pretty good on both consoles I think (with the ps3 getting a slight edge). I'm not getting anything close to the pop-up you're describing though. G4 has a bunch of GTAIV stuff on demand, and they talked about the differences in the ps3 and 360 version. They also had about a 10 minute segment of them just playing the game, and it was on 360, looked just like my experience, only minor pop-in, and it was rare. My 360 makes a ton of noise as well, but as I said, no issues. I wonder if it something with the disc? Anybody else with the 360 version getting the same issues as Shaw?
    I’m the hobbit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information