Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gta Iv

Just went to my local game store, it's not going to be here until Friday.

I'm jealous of the rest of you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    I'll pick it up sometime. Haven't seen a review that didn't give it a perfect score. Heard that it's simply the most realistic game anyone's ever played...
    I don't like the controls, you can't stear a car worth a crap and it is impossible to punch anyone even if you have them targeted.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    I don't like the controls, you can't stear a car worth a crap and it is impossible to punch anyone even if you have them targeted.
    I went and played with my friend I described earlier, and I agree. It's a bitch and a half to drive a car. Although it is pretty funny when you go get drunk in the game and try to drive.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

They have an eastern europe ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT.......na i won't get into that lol......this game is probably the best game i ever played, real talk.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    I went and played with my friend I described earlier, and I agree. It's a bitch and a half to drive a car. Although it is pretty funny when you go get drunk in the game and try to drive.
    I have only played the game for 20 minutes on a friend's system (the laser on my PS3 decided to stop reading discs 1 day before the game came out) and I couldn't get a stinking weapon anywhere....but I am sure everything will be fine once we get used to the game.

http://grandtheftauto.ign.com/maps/1/Liberty-City-Map

Google map of liberty city!

I bet it starts to get really built up.

7. The Following User High Fived Nick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    I have only played the game for 20 minutes on a friend's system (the laser on my PS3 decided to stop reading discs 1 day before the game came out) and I couldn't get a stinking weapon anywhere....but I am sure everything will be fine once we get used to the game.

I'm about 16 hours in the single player and got to rank 3 online so I'll share my thoughts: It's not the GTA's of old, this time it's a lot more realistic. Driving is harder. Stealing cars is harder. Guns just aren't laying around everywhere. You have to meet people, get on their good side, and if its the right person, they will sell you guns. You can't just walk into an amunation (which don't exist in this game) and walk out with a ak-47. Once you do get a gun, the targeting also takes a bit to get the hang of, but is awesome.

As far as the controls, they are outstanding, BUT, take a good hour to get the hang of. The 1st hour I had the game I couldn't drive for crap. You can't haul ass and expect to make that 90 degree corner, or stop on a dime. Also, there is a HUGE difference in the ways cars handle. Nice cars handle WAY better than crappy cars.

Trouble stealing cars? Ya, you can't just run out in the middle of rush hour traffic and expect people to stop. They will run your ass over now. The collision detection physics are amazing. Get a car, get going fast and jump out. One of the greatest video game moments I've seen. Overall, this is NOT GTA3, or Vice City or San Andreas. Things are much, MUCH more realistic in this version, which in turn, makes it harder (and more enjoyable IMO). Those of us who have a 360, there will be exclusive downloadable content as well (which ps3 won't have).
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Do you guys get jagged line on diagnal lines in some areas? I am sure it is part of the game... just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Do you guys get jagged line on diagnal lines in some areas? I am sure it is part of the game... just curious.
    Haven't gotten any of that. I've only found one bug so far. I stabbed a guy and kept stabbing him once he was on the ground (as in, I stabbed him twice but Niko just kept stabbing, no other controller inputs did anything, I had to restart my 360, it was pretty funny though).
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Haven't gotten any of that. I've only found one bug so far. I stabbed a guy and kept stabbing him once he was on the ground (as in, I stabbed him twice but Niko just kept stabbing, no other controller inputs did anything, I had to restart my 360, it was pretty funny though).
    It is not a bug. The graphics on certain areas. Maybe pay to much attention in the very beggining. Like a door way if angled... top of door way will be jagged a little.

Is the story line and everything else that good? I was underwhelmed with the choppy graphics on PS3, and the first thing I did was take a rocket launcher into a hospital and kill a ton of cops and civilians. Then I got into a hummer and dropped grenades all down the street and got my star count all the way up. Seemed just as pointless as any other GTA game; with just more senseless killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Is the story line and everything else that good? I was underwhelmed with the choppy graphics on PS3, and the first thing I did was take a rocket launcher into a hospital and kill a ton of cops and civilians. Then I got into a hummer and dropped grenades all down the street and got my star count all the way up. Seemed just as pointless as any other GTA game; with just more senseless killing.
    Umm. Huh? I'm 16 hours in, and haven't even SEEN a RPG yet (seen them in multiplayer). You don't even get a pistol for the 1st hour or so. Can't speak for the ps3, but the 360 graphics are very nice. Reading all the reviews, the ps3 version is suppose to look a little better. Are you playing the same game Dream? The storyline is very good so far. I'd actually say there is LESS senseless killing in this game.
    I’m the hobbit.

15. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Umm. Huh? I'm 16 hours in, and haven't even SEEN a RPG yet (seen them in multiplayer). You don't even get a pistol for the 1st hour or so. Can't speak for the ps3, but the 360 graphics are very nice. Reading all the reviews, the ps3 version is suppose to look a little better. Are you playing the same game Dream? The storyline is very good so far. I'd actually say there is LESS senseless killing in this game.
    I used the cheats man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I used the cheats man.
    LOL. Makes sense. Honestly, in all of the GTA games, I never understood the point of using cheats. "Look, I can spawn all weapons and cause hell on earth! YAY!" "Oh shit, I need a car, how about a Super GT *one falls from the sky* mahahahah." It's like having a friggin genie in a lamp. Fun, no doubt, but only for about 30 minutes.
    I’m the hobbit.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Fun game. I enjoy the realistic driving but I'm a big fan of Mafia so who knows... The story is pretty good thus far; certainly way ahead of any of the other GTA's. The city is pretty well crafted... it's like a character of its own (cops chasing criminals, street-prechers, hot-dog vendors, etc.). Running away from cops is a lot more exciting this time around with revised system... Oh and the ragdolls are absolutely hilarious.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information