Poll: How Many INT's will the Spoiled Brat Throw?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So How Many INTS does Butthurtler Throw This Year?

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Default So How Many INTS does Butthurtler Throw This Year?

how many INTS will Jay "Crybabyback Bitch" Butthurtler throw this year???

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

i don't know....what's the nfl record?

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    i don't know....what's the nfl record?
    42 - George Blanda, Houston, 1962

4. The Following User High Fived Overtime For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

We have to remember that Chicago had a bad team last year: bad receivers, bad
    O-line, #29 rushing offense, #21 defense in points allowed. Couple that with
    Cutler going into the year with only 2½ years under his belt and playing with a
    new team in a new scheme.

It's easy to look at Cutler's 26 INTs and think "bust." But we forget that Elway
    threw 23 INTs in his third year, and Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs in his first year
    and 23 in his fourth . . . and Elway and Manning were in systems more familiar to
    them, respectively.

I look for Chicago to be a better team this year all around, and Cutler will be more
    experienced: both with the team and overall. He will be more settled down this
    year, and I believe he will go on eventually to be a good QB.

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

It's easy to look at Cutler's 26 INTs and think "bust." But we forget that Elway
    threw 23 INTs in his third year, and Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs in his first year
    and 23 in his fourth . . . and Elway and Manning were in systems more familiar to
    them, respectively.

I look for Chicago to be a better team this year all around, and Cutler will be more

-----
    c'mon now scribe, i was really hoping to hear that you thought he'd be able to fill George Blanda's shoes and at least tie the record for most INT's this year...

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post

them, respectively.

-----
    Top, a big part of the reason the Bears were bad last season, however, was due to Cutler and his presence on the Bears. Cutler made a lot of bad decisions and bad throws, as has been discussed extensively on here. In addition, the Bears completely changed their philosophy last season because they obtained Cutler. Before having Cutler, the Bears ran the ball often and successfully. After obtaining Cutler, however, the Bears stopped running the ball with any regularity and instead became a primarily passing offense to cater to Cutler's wishes and potential talents. In addition to not making a commitment to run the ball, Cutler failed to keep the defenses honest because he rarely passed or dumped the ball off to Matt Forte thereby ignoring or neutralizing one of the Bears' biggest offensive weapons.

Therefore, Cutler's mistakes and the coaching staff's decision to significantly change their offensive play calling to cater to Cutler's wishes and potential talents played a HUGE role in why their offensive and defensive numbers were so bad. Defensively, the Bears were too often put into bad position by Cutler turnovers and/or numerous 3 and outs that didn't take any time off the clock while allowing the Bears D to rest.

Just my
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    42 - George Blanda, Houston, 1962

(the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:

i voted less....only because i can't imagine him leading the league in int's 2 years in a row

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

I'm POSITIVE that Cutler will have a better year this year than last year. Settling in to his new team and coming out stronger and better prepared.

Therefore, I've got him down for 25 interceptions, 10 minimum in the red zone.

13. The Following 5 Users High Fived Grover For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Top, a big part of the reason the Bears were bad last season, however, was due to Cutler and his presence on the Bears. Cutler made a lot of bad decisions and bad throws, as has been discussed extensively on here. In addition, the Bears completely changed their philosophy last season because they obtained Cutler. Before having Cutler, the Bears ran the ball often and successfully. After obtaining Cutler, however, the Bears stopped running the ball with any regularity and instead became a primarily passing offense to cater to Cutler's wishes and potential talents. In addition to not making a commitment to run the ball, Cutler failed to keep the defenses honest because he rarely passed or dumped the ball off to Matt Forte thereby ignoring or neutralizing one of the Bears' biggest offensive weapons.

Therefore, Cutler's mistakes and the coaching staff's decision to significantly change their offensive play calling to cater to Cutler's wishes and potential talents played a HUGE role in why their offensive and defensive numbers were so bad. Defensively, the Bears were too often put into bad position by Cutler turnovers and/or numerous 3 and outs that didn't take any time off the clock while allowing the Bears D to rest.

Just my
    The only thing wrong with that is that the Bears were bad at running in 2008,
    and they were #30 in the league in pass defense that year, too. You might
    wish to foist Chicago's troubles all on Cutler, but he was not responsible for
    those stats.

Regarding bad decisions and bad throws, I have already pointed out the years
    Elway and Manning threw a host of INTs, respectively. Do you think those
    were good decisions and throws?

And who was the main RB behind those disappointing rushing stats? Forte. I've
    got to see much better production out of him before I consider him a legitimate
    "weapon." Far as I can see, Olsen is the only true "weapon" Cutler has, and
    he needs more than a TE. Cutler also needs a better O-line and defense. He
    can't play all the positions by himself . . .

-----

15. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com...i-thought.html

Martz wowed by Cutler: 'Better than I thought'
    April 20, 2010 1:09 PM | 53 Comments
    By Brad Biggs

In the fourth week of the Bears' voluntary offseason workout program, Mike Martz can already say one thing: Jay Cutler is more talented than he even imagined.

The offensive coordinator raved about the quarterback when he joined Lovie Smith's staff three months ago, and Tuesday morning after introducing Olin Kreutz as the veteran winner of the club's Piccolo Award, he practically gushed about working with Cutler.

"He's better than I thought," Martz said. "I've got to smile because he's just been remarkable. He really has. He's so intelligent that he can intimidate you. He really can. He is extremely bright, one of the smartest people I've been around. Very humble though. He really loves this game, has a great passion for what he does."

With Cutler working in his third offense in as many years, Martz stripped it down to the basics.

Photo: Jay Cutler has impressed Mike Martz with his intelligence and passion for the game. (Brian Cassella/Tribune)
    They're starting from square one and Martz emphasized the work being done now is to teach the system. He's not going to focus on position battles in other areas until training camp. By then, Cutler ought to have a firm grasp on what they are doing.

"We started with him and how he holds his hands under center to how he steps, his stance underneath the center, just like he's a high school quarterback," Martz said. "We go back and re-train all the basic fundamentals how we see it with him. He's bought into everything that we do. He's been a dream for me. I couldn't ask for a better situation."
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

17. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post

By Brad Biggs

In the fourth week of the Bears' voluntary offseason workout program, Mike Martz can already say one thing: Jay Cutler is more talented than he even imagined.

The offensive coordinator raved about the quarterback when he joined Lovie Smith's staff three months ago, and Tuesday morning after introducing Olin Kreutz as the veteran winner of the club's Piccolo Award, he practically gushed about working with Cutler.

"He's better than I thought," Martz said. "I've got to smile because he's just been remarkable. He really has. He's so intelligent that he can intimidate you. He really can. He is extremely bright, one of the smartest people I've been around. Very humble though. He really loves this game, has a great passion for what he does."

With Cutler working in his third offense in as many years, Martz stripped it down to the basics.

Photo: Jay Cutler has impressed Mike Martz with his intelligence and passion for the game. (Brian Cassella/Tribune)
    They're starting from square one and Martz emphasized the work being done now is to teach the system. He's not going to focus on position battles in other areas until training camp. By then, Cutler ought to have a firm grasp on what they are doing.

"We started with him and how he holds his hands under center to how he steps, his stance underneath the center, just like he's a high school quarterback," Martz said. "We go back and re-train all the basic fundamentals how we see it with him. He's bought into everything that we do. He's been a dream for me. I couldn't ask for a better situation."
    You trying to get me depressed?

-----

I'm going to quote Tned from another thread, the one about Broncos taking a QB in teh first two rounds, because I found this to be pretty interesting stat....

Quote Originally Posted by Tned
    That is something many simply will never agree with, regardless of what he did in Denver or may do in Chicago or elsewhere.

Interesting thing just happened, logged into Twitter to check on some pre-draft stuff and see Frank Schwab having a conversation and someone is making the oft-repeated statement about Cutler killing the team with red zone interceptions (repeated many, many times on BF as well).

He poses the question of "how many RZ INTs did Cutler have and a few ppl through out numbers, 10, 12, etc. Schwab replies with 4. In 37 starts, Cutler through 4 INTs, and had 38 RZ TDs to his 4 RZ INTs.

I have watched every single game for a couple decades, and even I had been convinced by those that re-write history that Cutler killed the team with RZ INTs, because that's the way the history has been re-written.

Like Cutler or not, what we are left with is the fact we need to find a long term QB solution to replace him, and blowing a first round pick on Alphonso Smith makes that more difficult to do.
    Its interesting to see how many people on the boards talk and gripe and complain and bitch and moan about the RZ INTs...... he's had 4. Just another example (as Tned says) of history being rewritten by exaggeration and hyperbole.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post

By Brad Biggs

so lemme get this straight? Martz is impressed with the guy in some spring drills??? seriously? Martz hasn't coached him in a single live action game, and he's already impressed? it would take much more than that for me to be impressed.

some of these coaches open their mouths entirely too earlier.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information