Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Read it...I dare you

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Default Read it...I dare you

#12 Chris Williams - OT - Vanderbilt

A pick that seems almost obvious if Shanny stays at #12, he should get Chris Williams, a Vandy man like Cutler. Unless he wants Cutler to get killed due to the serious lack of OT's that is. He'll provide protection for Cutler and he's smart and quick. Pretty good deal i'd say. He would need to work on overall agressiveness if he wants to be a dominant starter though.

Don't be surprised if the Broncos take Rashard Mendenhall or Jonathan Stewart here either.

#42 Dan Connor - ILB - Penn State

The Broncos lack some depth at inside linebacker and Dan Connor is around the same talent level as his former team mate Paul Posluszny who has played fairly well with the Bills. Even with the addition of Niko Koutouvides he'll need some competition for the starting position. Not to mention this is pretty good value for Connor, who could easily go earlier than pick #42.

Offensive Tackle Sam Baker and Defensive Tackle Trevor Laws are both another option here.

#108 Matt Forte - RB - Tulane

There are no running backs on the roster that are definite starters. Travis Henry is injured too much and Selvin Young should be used in rotation with a bigger back. Matt Forte is a big guy who in rotation with Henry or Young can be what Tiki Barber and Ron Dayne were supposed to be. He can carry the load on short yardage and goal line situations, and can even break away with long runs due to his power running style and his ability to break tackles. He may not be the fastest guy, but he can tire a defense and run people over. On passing downs he can also block good for a running back.

A safety such as Tom Zbikowski could also be a possibility here.

#119 Frank Okam - DT - Texas

Frank Okam is a big body that knows how to plug a hole. Even with the addition of Dewayne Robertson from the New York Jets, they still aren't completely set at DT. Okam in an underacheiver at times, but he has great potential and if he plays hard consistently he can even work into a rotation with the other defensive tackles, and maybe even develop into a starter.

#139 William Franklin - WR - Missouri

After adding Colbert, Jackson, and Parker it appears that the Broncos might be set at WR, but they still need more depth because of the good chance that these additions will not work out. Will Franklin is very fast and quick and has good size. He can stretch the field and be a good #2 receiver on the other side of Brandon Marshall. He has great character and has good hands. Although he underacheived a bit in college, he can definately work on route running and become a good #2 option.

#148 Jamey Richard - C - Buffalo

Tom Nalen is entering what probalby will be his last year in the NFL, and the Broncos don't have a replacement for him. Jamey Richard is agressive, tough, and a hard worker. He is quick and can be a great run blocker if he develops his technique and footwork for a year or two. In a couple years he can be a solid backup at the least.

#183 Taylor Mehlhaff - K - Wisconsin

With the loss of Jason Elam to the Falcons, the Broncos need to find a replacement for the future. Mehlhaff has a strong leg and can kick in difficult positions, which is important if you intend on kicking in Denver. What is very attractive about him is that he can kick off on special teams and give the Broncos defense the help that they've needed the past few years.

#220 Zack Bowman - CB - Nebraska

Cornerback might not be a necessity here, but this guy can be a steal. Before having injury problems in 2006 and 2007 he was considered to be a top cornerback prospect. He would be worth the risk (if there is any with this late of a pick) if you take him this late as he can either be a bust or a star talent. If he plays like he did prior to injury, he can help in the run, the pass, AND on special teams. He has good hands and is a good athlete. If it goes good he'll be a steal.

#227 Caleb Campbell - S - Army

Despite the below average timed speed, Campbell can end up being a decent special teamer and backup. He is a physical leader who can tackle good. He's not the greatest in coverage, but he can develop into a decent backup who can fill in for an injured starter.

Undrafted Rookie Free Agents:

A few guys I would like to pick up...

Todd Blythe - WR - Iowa State

I've been a fan of his since his freshman year, and although he isn't extremely fast he has reliable hands and can be productive. If Iowa State had a decent quarterback he would be more highly thought of. I've watched him beat my Huskers for 4 years

Xavier Omon - RB - NW Missouri State

Tough guy who can be good on short yardage downs and is a great blocker. He can even catch passes out of the backfield when needed as he has good hands.

Owen Tolson - P - Army

He is accurate and has a strong leg. If needed, he has experience kicking field goals as well.

It's been a while since i've done anything draft-wise, but comment on it.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I read it...there were a lot of names that I recognized, so that is good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Knowshon Moreno

Not bad. I would be very happy with this draft outcome.
    I NO LONGER support Rahim Moore.

5. The Following User High Fived honz For This Post:

The first 3 picks would be sweet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Yeah..I couldn't be too upset with that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wouldn't complain with, especially since I'm not sure Connor or Okam will fall that far...that's why this draft would be great...

I'm still not so sure about taking Mehlhaff in the sixth though...wait till the seventh, there are four quality kickers in this draft...you should be able to wait.

I like Serna...he'd be the only one I take in the sixth...but I'm not a GM
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Draft Todd Blythe. He is too good to sign as a UDFA.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived tubby For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Draft Todd Blythe. He is too good to sign as a UDFA.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Please. He is the next Eddy Mac. You know.....your adopted-Bronco. Yeah.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Please. He is the next Eddy Mac. You know.....your adopt a player. Yeah.
    Please don't compare Todd Blythe to Eddy Mac. TIA.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

OB, slim

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Please don't compare Todd Blythe to Eddy Mac. TIA.
    If Todd Blythe turns into the next Eddit Mac I will swear off cheeseburgers AND beer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If I had a dollar for every white receiver that is compared to Eddy Mac...

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

If I had a dollar for every white receiver that is compared to Eddy Mac...
    Yup, shanny really screwed up there..

Other than the Okam pick, I like it. The Broncos don't need any more D-Lineman that show up every few plays and then disappear during the game. I really like the safety out of Army. Saw a clip on him and his situation yesterday on Sportscenter 2.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Perhaps he's confusing Blythe with a certain caucasian WR from Kansas STATE? Now HE may actually be good.

21. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information