Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41

Thread: NTL & Thnikka's official Barbecue Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Had Moe's BBQ for lunch. Anyone in Denver have an opinion on Moes vs. Brothers?

I think Moe's sides are better but Brothers has better sauce & meat.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    if you are cutting alot of fries, you can hold them in water to keep them from turning brown, then blanch in boiling water. soaking does little other than extract more starch.if your oil is hot and ready, you can go right from fresh sliced into the fryer for final and one step deep fryingI reccomend at least 400 degrees for 4 minutes.
    the temp depends on your oil, higher temp is ok, but you will need an oil with a high smoke point.
    peanut oil is awesome.
    in and out, their fries go right from the slicing into the fryer !
    you want dry, waterless fries to keep the fryer from compressing and exploding water droplets.
    so blanching in oil allows you to by-pass the drying step, it does however allow the fries to absorb oil blanching at a lower temperature.
    BAKING in the oven takes less time and less steps, uses less oil and is consequently healthier than traditional frying. I do skin on steak fries, I season, toss in oil and bake on a sheetpan at 450 minutes for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of my fries.
    alot easier than getting oil hot, and disposing of oil afterwards, and LESS time if you are doing alot of fries and have to do the blanching first !
    Is this what they're teaching you at Mickey D's these days?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Had Moe's BBQ for lunch. Anyone in Denver have an opinion on Moes vs. Brothers?

I think Moe's sides are better but Brothers has better sauce & meat.
    Does Mo know you like his meat and man sauce?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I usually take my brisket to about 190.

For brisket, I have learned that simpler is better. I go with just a mixture of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. About 1/3 cup of each.

I rub it on generously, but I do not "encrust" the brisket, like I might with a Memphis style rack of ribs. Less is more with brisket rub IMO.

Bumped for Slim.

Brisket secrets.

#1 - Get a good piece of meat. At least Choice, if not Prime. Don't fall victim to one of the "Select" graded briskets you find at the local Wal-Mart or discount grocer. Choice graded should be good. Prime is really hard to find unless you go to a butcher, and then it's going to cost you. So, I always look for Choice, and then look for the best marbling out of the bunch.

#2 - Dry Rub - Don't worry about getting too fancy. Beef Brisket loves good old Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper. Equal portions (about 1/3 cup each). That's all you really need. But if you feel like it you can add other herbals/spices. I've done dozens of different rubs. I just do kosher salt and pepper now. To me, not much return on getting any more complicated than that.

#3 - The Cook - You want a reliable smoker that can keep a steady temp around 220. I spray my brisket about once an hour after putting it on with a 1/2 Apple Cider Vinegar & 1/2 Apple Juice mixture as it cooks. When the internal temp gets to 170 or so I will wrap it in foil. Pull it off the smoker when internal temp gets to 195.

#4 - Rest - After I pull it off, I put the still-wrapped brisket into a cooler. You want to let it rest like this for at least an hour. I've let some rest for 3-4 hours depending on when I was planning to serve it. The cooler will keep it hot.

5. The Following 7 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I miss nikka and Zam
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

7. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Bumped for Slim.

Brisket secrets.

#1 - Get a good piece of meat. At least Choice, if not Prime. Don't fall victim to one of the "Select" graded briskets you find at the local Wal-Mart or discount grocer. Choice graded should be good. Prime is really hard to find unless you go to a butcher, and then it's going to cost you. So, I always look for Choice, and then look for the best marbling out of the bunch.

#2 - Dry Rub - Don't worry about getting too fancy. Beef Brisket loves good old Kosher Salt and freshly ground black pepper. Equal portions (about 1/3 cup each). That's all you really need. But if you feel like it you can add other herbals/spices. I've done dozens of different rubs. I just do kosher salt and pepper now. To me, not much return on getting any more complicated than that.

#3 - The Cook - You want a reliable smoker that can keep a steady temp around 220. I spray my brisket about once an hour after putting it on with a 1/2 Apple Cider Vinegar & 1/2 Apple Juice mixture as it cooks. When the internal temp gets to 170 or so I will wrap it in foil. Pull it off the smoker when internal temp gets to 195.

#4 - Rest - After I pull it off, I put the still-wrapped brisket into a cooler. You want to let it rest like this for at least an hour. I've let some rest for 3-4 hours depending on when I was planning to serve it. The cooler will keep it hot.
    I knew all of this!! lol a friend in Canada posted a picture of St Louis ribs slathered with BBQ sauce on a grill. I don't put BBQ sauce on my ribs, I put it on the table when I serve it but my rubs usually give me all the flavor I want.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Best basting sauce out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-04 at 8.41.57 AM.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	17385

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information