Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shanny positioning to move up?

Default Shanny positioning to move up?

Well, nearly every draft article we read these days has the Broncos looking to move down. Shanny just completed the deal for Robertson, and kept all of his picks this year. We know that he's the master of misdirection, so here is my question.....
    Anyone else get the feeling that Shanny might just blow us all away and move up in the draft rather than down? It wouldn't surprise me at all. It seems to be common knowlege that the Broncos are talking to multiple teams about trading down. When was the last time Shanny showed his hand before the draft? Tomorrow may just hold a few surprises for Bronco fans, and they might start early.

Well i have 2 dr4afts in my sig, one thats been there forever is what i think will happen and the bottom one is my ideal situation.

The fact that no picks were used this year just gives us more ammo to move up and get one of the big boys (ellis)

Edit* I forgot i changed it last night, I originally had us moving up with bmore and taking ellis.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

I could have seen them moving up to get Ellis, but with Robertson secured I just dont see it. The only other player I could see us trading up for would be McFadden and we would have to get into the #3 spot min which would cost us all kinds of picks and money.

I dont see it as a possibility.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

If Shanny moves up, the dude he gets had better end up in the Hall of Fame.

5. The Following 7 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Herm Edwards has said he wants 15 picks in this years draft. Theyre at 13 now. Trading up with them would mean the #12 and the #42 and a 5th round pick (I think)...unless they went with the #12, next years 1st and a 5th. We might also be able to throw in a CB since KC is hurting at CB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by beefstew25 View Post
    If Shanny moves up, the dude he gets had better end up in the Hall of Fame.
    The most certain way for that to happen would be for him to take a running back. If the RB were to stay healthy and put in 7 solid years, he most assuredly would get in the HOF.

Adopted Bronco:
    Craig Morton / Haven Moses

As for the Broncos, the only three players worth moving up in the draft for are

1. Glenn Dorsey (who will be gone to Atlanta)
    2. Darren McFadden (who will be gone to the Raiders)
    3. Sedrick Ellis (who should be available at #5 with Chiefs or at #6 with the Jets, #7 with New England who wouldn't care if they moved back, or at #8 with Baltimore (if Matt Ryan comes off the board).

5,6,7,8 are all possibilities, but if the Broncos look to move up so will the Bengals.

But we all know that we are not moving up this year. Did it the last two years which was uncharacteristic of Shanahan style drafts when the moved up for Cutler. Still don't know why we did it last year...
    Give a man a match and he will be warm for a moment, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by eessydo View Post
    As for the Broncos, the only three players worth moving up in the draft for are

1. Glenn Dorsey (who will be gone to Atlanta)
    2. Darren McFadden (who will be gone to the Raiders)
    3. Sedrick Ellis (who should be available at #5 with Chiefs or at #6 with the Jets, #7 with New England who wouldn't care if they moved back, or at #8 with Baltimore (if Matt Ryan comes off the board).

5,6,7,8 are all possibilities, but if the Broncos look to move up so will the Bengals.

But we all know that we are not moving up this year. Did it the last two years which was uncharacteristic of Shanahan style drafts when the moved up for Cutler. Still don't know why we did it last year...

If we were to move up, it might be contingent on a certain player being available. Theres a possibility McFadden and Ellis would be available at 5. I can see the Raiders not taking McFadden due to what they have invested in RB already plus theres a steep drop off in DT talent after Ellis and Oakland couldnt stop the run. Al Davis is kind of batty though so nothing is a certainty. Plus, I also think Davis might show support of Ryan (who Kiffin wanted to fire) by going defense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mario Haggan

I'm of two minds about this. We've got 4CBs 4 safeties 6 LBs 5 DEs 3 DTs that I don't see being cut. 2 Centers 2 Guards 3 OTs (Counting Kuper here) 2 QBs 4 TEs 1 Long snapper 4 RB 1 FB 5 WRs. That's 45 people I think are pretty safe to make the team. If there are too many more people that the FO likes I think they have to be looking at those extra picks as ammo to move up. Some of it also matters on how much they like Prater and Paulescue. If they really like those guys they may only want to bring in UDFA to compete.

I also wouldn't mind if they traded for picks in next years draft.

I also wanted to add that they may be looking at moving up in rounds other than the first, there could be guys that they really like in round three that they would want to get back in for, or a guy who is set to go even earlier in round 2. That opens up a whole new level of possibilities.

11. The Following User High Fived Fan in Exile For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    If we were to move up, it might be contingent on a certain player being available. Theres a possibility McFadden and Ellis would be available at 5. I can see the Raiders not taking McFadden due to what they have invested in RB already plus theres a steep drop off in DT talent after Ellis and Oakland couldnt stop the run. Al Davis is kind of batty though so nothing is a certainty. Plus, I also think Davis might show support of Ryan (who Kiffin wanted to fire) by going defense.
    When is the last time Al Davis bypassed an athlete the calibre of Darren McFadden? mmm, probably never. He loves skill position players, DL and OL aren't his cup of tea unless he is in dire straits.
    Give a man a match and he will be warm for a moment, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Adopted Bronco:

Also forgot to add that Dallas still has ammo to move up and get McFadden if Jerry Jones truly wants him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by eessydo View Post
    When is the last time Al Davis bypassed an athlete the calibre of Darren McFadden? mmm, probably never. He loves skill position players, DL and OL aren't his cup of tea unless he is in dire straits.

This is a guy who drafted a punter in the 1st round. He may take McFadden but Im not sold its a leadpipe lock.

15. The Following User High Fived lex For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    This is a guy who drafted a punter in the 1st round. He may take McFadden but Im not sold its a leadpipe lock.
    ...and a placekicker in the 1st round. Oakland's draft pick all depends on which stage of Al's dementia he's in at the moment of thier pick.

Trading up has probably never been an option for this team (at least with #12 -- later trade ups, maybe). I don't know why people think we are.

18. The Following User High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Trading up has probably never been an option for this team (at least with #12 -- later trade ups, maybe). I don't know why people think we are.
    Who said anyone thinks we will? I was kind of under the impression that this thread was about discussing the possibility and not so much saying thats what we will do or what we should do. I would say it falls in the realm of not likely but not impossible.

20. The Following User High Fived lex For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information