Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 516

Thread: Scheffler Traded

  1. #466
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    22,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post

    Do you not find it the least bit interesting that McDaniels in his first rift with Marshall insisted to the media that he would keep everything in house? Then after McD looks like the master for getting Marshall in line he blew it up by airing the laundry? Why did he not keep it in house with Scheffler the same way he did with Hillis and Marshall initially?
    Honestly? I think he wanted Marshall to explode by putting him on the practice squad as a Safety and gunner. Intentionally trying to embarrass him bfore his teammates. As if he was pushing to make a point, and to get a reaction.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

  2. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:


  3. #467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yes and no. I see a young coach who can make his own fair of mistakes. Look, im not saying that McD is going to succeed in Denver. All ive ever pointed to is that the guy needs more than one year and to be able to do it his way. Thats all. For all i know he could turn out to be just like Phillips before Shanny arrived.
    Fair enough.

    Do I think he is doing everything wrong? No. Do I like all of his moves? No (especially the Nolan move (another conflict by the way)).

    Do I want the guy to succeed? Of course! It would be a F-ton of crow to eat but I am not too proud to do it. Shoot you can film it and put it on youtube.

  4. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:


  5. #468
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    31,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Honestly? I think he wanted Marshall to explode by putting him on the practice squad as a Safety and gunner. Intentionally trying to embarrass him bfore his teammates. As if he was pushing to make a point, and to get a reaction.

    Guess he did IF that was what he was looking to do.

    Just maybe he was trying to get his attention. Kind a like setting in the corner on a stool with a dunce hat on.

  6. #469

    Default

    Dang it! Now I am all wound up over some of this. I hope there are some suckers in the smack section tonight.

  7. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:


  8. #470
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck
    Posts
    4,872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Well someone did because they brashly proclaimed McDaniels didn't have conflict prior to Denver. That LTRag chick chimed in as well with a ridiculous one word reply to which she was owned for it-yet didn't display the same gall to say she was wrong.


    I'm a guy.

    And I wasn't wrong. They worked just fine together in 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008. They never fueded for a "large part" of any season. What you claimed to be true was inaccurate. You even said yourself you thought it was 6 weeks. I knew it was 3.

    Even using your train of thought that coaches and players only interact for 16 weeks out of every season, thats only 19% - hardly a "large part". The fact that Brady worked well with McDaniels for 3+ years after and still speaks highly of him should tell you all you need to know about how serious that "fued" was.

    Besides, it was 5 years ago. It didn't detract from the Patriots breaking several NFL records with McDaniels calling plays and it will hardly detract from the way the 2010 Broncos play. If McDaniels fails in Denver rest assured the 2005 season will have ZERO (or a "large part" as you would put it) impact on his performance here.

  9. The Following 3 Users High Fived LRtagger For This Post:


  10. #471
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Plenty of rookie RB's outperformed Moreno. They didn't gain as many yards in their season but they also didn't get as many starts, carries, or a combination of. However, Shonn Greene won games for his team. How many games can you say Moreno won for us? Shonn Greene took pressure off his rookie QB! How much pressure did Moreno take off Orton?
    No other rookie running back ran for more yards than Moreno. No spin is going to change it.

    Of course it is I suppose Alfred Williams, Neil Smith, Mike Klis and others are wrong. They have all discussed the same shortcomings of Ayers.
    Mike Klis usually is wrong. He's a sportswriter, and a poor one at that. I have no idea what Smith and Alfred Williams said about Ayers.

    Hold the phone. Aren't you the one saying we spectators in the peanut gallery dont know the play calls, the assignments, etc...? Now all of a sudden you know everything about a play?
    So now being able to see who collapsed the pocket is the same as knowing play calls and assignments?

    Right.

    Based on what?
    Besides my own analysis? Well we could go with the fact that at almost 40 years old people keep signing the guy to play football for them and as recently as a couple years ago was still a serviceable #2.

    Where was he at the Philly and KC games last year?
    You must have missed that interception he had in the Kansas City game. Came with a 30 or 40 yard return IIRC and damn near scored a touchdown.

    Downright DENIAL at its best! Alphonso Smurf is a 1st rounder for all intents and purposes. We gave up a first to draft him. The cost was a first. He and the coach better hope he performs like a first.
    So you accuse me of denial and then admit that he wasn't a first round pick.

    You just keep getting better and better at this debate thing.

    Well when the coach in his post draft media explains that Quinn is a monster blocker and will see "significant" playing time even as a rookie, I think it is only fair we hold him to it. He set the expectations.
    I don't recall him saying that about Quinn, but I'll take your word for it. In that case, shit happens and things don't always work out like you plan. Welcome to the NFL.

    I was looking at the bigger picture before anybody else. I pointed out Moreno's woes when this team was 5-0. I was FLAMED to holy hell for it. I pointed out when this team was 6-2 they would be lucky to make the playoffs. I could see the seeds of destruction.
    Have no idea. I wasn't here then.

    This team has lost 8-10 and that trend will easily continue into next season.
    Oh that's a fact?

    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...timeline_N.htm

    Again you have PISS POOR FACTS!

    Damn you make owning you too easy!


    I see I'm going to have to draw this one out in crayon for you. Courtesy of your own link...

    • Feb. 26: Cutler's name surfaces in trade talks that could have resulted in former Patriots QB Matt Cassel being dealt to Denver. Cassel is dealt to the Kansas City Chiefs two days later.

    • Feb. 28: Matt Cassel is traded, Jay Cutler goes public.

    • April 2: The Broncos deal Cutler and a fifth-round pick to Chicago for two first-round draft picks, a third-rounder and QB Kyle Orton.

    Now unless you're going to tell me that April comes before February, my post is factually correct and it's YOU that needs to fact check...again.

    PS: Another J McDaniels lie is in there. See the note for March 3rd: "We are not trading Jay Cutler-period."
    Easy to discredit. Pat Bowlen himself admitted that he made the decision to trade Cutler. See the video below.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvBMp1pi8TY

    Oh, and if you want to see a bold faced lie, try this.

    • March 16:The Broncos acknowledge that Cutler asked the team to trade him.

    • March 31: The Broncos announce they will try to trade Cutler after Cook told the team he no longer wants to play in Denver.

    • April 1: Cutler tells Fox Sports that he didn't want the rift to get this far. "I didn't want to get traded," Cutler said.

    The Boston Globe has no connections to the Broncos? They are connected to Denver East Patriots.
    And they've never been terribly accurate themselves. Like most Boston media they are pretty much shut out of the Patriots organization.

    This team is entirely different than when Schefter was the beat writer.
    True, but there are still plenty of holdovers in the organization, including Bowlen, Xanders and Ellis, all of which seem to hold Schefter in high regard.

    By the way, how can it be the Denver Post has never been credible when it comes to the Broncos but they employed Schefter? LOL. You have some goofy assed logic.
    Schefter hasn't been with the Post for 5-6 years now, and besides, he's just one piece of that puzzle. Not a hard concept a grasp.

    Do us a favor and provide one link to Schefter or King stating the three team scenario was bull crap!
    Pay attention. I posted in the same damn post you quoted. Here it is again, since you missed it the first time.

    While New England and Kansas City were agreeing to Saturday’s trade of Cassel to the Chiefs for the draft’s 34th overall pick, there were more teams in the mix. Detroit, Tampa and Denver were involved in trade talks of their own also tied to Cassel, according to sources in the respective NFL cities.

    Tampa approached Denver to try to make a three-way trade that would have sent Cassel to the Broncos and quarterback Jay Cutler to the Buccaneers. The Broncos entertained the notion and pondered it but ultimately decided against it.


    Also, the Lions approached the Broncos about a trade for Cutler, trying to dangle Cassel as bait. Once again, Denver debated the deal and opted against it apparently. What made it a moot point was that while all Tampa, Detroit and Denver engaged in trade talks with New England, the Patriots went ahead and dealt Cassel to the Chiefs.
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/cutl...oit-tampa-bay/

    Funny you haven't used them or cited them.
    Once again, you ignore the facts I posted right under the part you quoted. At this point I can't tell if you're just being a PITA and doing it on purpose, but let's knock it off. Again, since you missed it the first time.

    Hillis’s SIGMA test results raise several concerns. The approach he took to learning and preparation in college produced a personal belief that he was not able to consistently execute his responsibilities in games. There are strong indications that he needs to take more personal responsibility for learning what he needs to know. His coaches should make him execute, again and again, his responsibilities in game-like time constraints. During the off-season, pre-season, and practice, he will sometimes give less than his best effort and will let up when he sees an opportunity to do so. As a result, Hillis has not always been able to meet the challenges placed in front of him by his coaches. There were times when Hillis thought he came up short of meeting his own and his coaches’ expectations. He will be concerned about the kind of system he may be placed in and whether he can be successful and meet everyone’s requirements and demands. Hillis will tend to worry that he is not as prepared as he should be going into games. This self-doubt does not speak well for his chances of advancing and mastering his position requirements at the next level. Hillis is usually content to rely heavily on his natural abilities to get by and believes that his past coaches have had little impact on his performance. He thinks that he knows best and is less likely to listen to coaches’ advice and instructions and instead will try to play the game his own way. When things are not going well for him, Hillis will be openly critical and question his coaches and his teammates.
    Right because people who are around the team on a daily basis from training camp on speculate. Try journalism 101 and get back to me.
    Have you seen some of the people who report on training camp? People like Bill Williamson sit under a damn tent all day, out of the view of the the practice field and then write stories about it that night. Do I even need to mention Josina Anderson. If you don't believe there is alot of speculation going on in the sports media world, I don't know what to tell you. There is a reason that guys like Schefter and King are so well sought after.

    There was play after play of Moreno not knowing which defender was his responsibility.
    It wasn't "play after play". It happened, but nothing out of the norm for a rookie.

    Check your quote. You called Hillis a world class douche. Stay classy, bro.
    So now you're going to tell me who I was talking about?

    Here is the original quote on the matter.

    Again, distortions. Hillis was given every chance to produce. He played himself out of a job. Scheffler started more games than he ever had in his career and caught a whopping 9 less passes than in 2009. He was sent packing mainly for being a world class douche, and to a lesser extent, a poor blocker.
    Except we had players go down and he was called on at times as the primary guy despite Hillis being a better option.
    Umm, no. Lamont Jordan carried the ball 7 times in week 2 (Cleveland) and 6 times in week 3. Moreno and Buckhalter were both healthy in those games and LaMont was only brought in late in the game when victory was secure. From week 10 until week 14 he never touched the ball and then had 5 carries in the loss to the Raiders. At no time was he the primary guy.

    By the way, that developmental player's name is JJ Arrington
    I'm well aware, but thanks anyway.
    Last edited by Bosco; 04-21-2010 at 12:31 AM.

  11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Bosco For This Post:


  12. #472
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    high elevation
    Adopted Bronco:
    dalton risner
    Posts
    39,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post


    I'm a guy.
    ****!

    i was hoping that was you in the avatar. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

  13. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:


  14. #473
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Anderson, TX
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas
    Posts
    36,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ****!

    i was hoping that was you in the avatar. . . .
    Desperate?

  15. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:


  16. #474
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Between my ears
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    your right we will......im also sure some of you will be suprised at who swicthes to the darkside come year 2 if we suck....many of us have open minds for next year but dont think some of us wont chnage our minds if we suck.....i am pretty sure if we suck next year, i will be one to start questioning in a big way WTF is going on in dove valley. and how much physic power i really have
    You pretend as though no matter what McDaniels does that appears to be ridiculously bad for the team we simply "cannot know" unless we are psychic, what the future holds. When I go to youtube and see a guy climbing a tree with a watermelon in one hand and a butcher knife in the other I do not need to utilize otherworldly powers to deduce something horrible, yet incredibly funny, is going to happen to the guys crotch. Application of logic and knowledge of past events can be extrapolated forward to predict what's going to happen fairly well. Some moves and events can't give a clear idea of what's going to happen, raping a young, talented offense is assuredly not an equivocal act. Going into the very beginning of last year our offensive line was being touted by all experts as being great moving towards historic because they had only been together for two years and had tremendous talent all across the board. Replace a quick acting and quick footed quarterback with a dimwit that has lead feet and takes a dive faster than Michael Phelps after he hears a starters pistol and change from very effective zone blocking to whatever the hell it is McDaniels does and you suuddenly have a crap offensive line.

    I also don't need to be surprised that we are Not getting good value out of great players. McDaniels has the recipe down pretty good, denigrate your players during press conferences and explain how expendable they are, try to trade them, act surprised you don't get much in return or, as is the case on this board, pretend the player isn't very good and use the low trade value as an example.

    Gaffney, McDaniels Lackey/ass kisser, is going to be the starter this year and make all of our "big-plays" when he wouldn't have been able to be third string receiver on our team year before last... and shouldn't have been able to crack above that last year either. If you think teams crowded within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage last year because they didn't fear the deep threat (Entirely playcalling) wait until you see what happens without Scheffler and Marshall, holy crap opposing defenses are going to be able to use their goal line formation and still be in position to tackle receivers. Just the way McDaniels had it planned I assume. Sorry, I hate the guy, I hate everything he stands for, I hate that he is a liar and in charge of the team that usually brings me joy, I hate that he got rid of players I rooted for, I hate that Darth Vader is now the guy I have to pull for or else I'm not a good fan.
    Last edited by Gimpygod; 04-21-2010 at 11:03 AM.
    Famous quotes by me:
    "When life gives you lemons, it's probably trying to occupy your hands so it can kick you in the nuts."
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity... stupid has no such boundaries."

    - Gimpygod | I'm famous suckers! Video proof



  17. #475
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell
    Posts
    30,216

    Default

    I'm having a hard time drawing an equivalent between the season and a tree-climber's crotch.

    And McDaniels is Darth Vader?

    Oh well, enjoyed the word play, if nothing else . . .

    -----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)


  18. #476
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Between my ears
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think the negative nancy's should take a couple of years off from football. Or at least from the forums. Its obvious they will never give this guy a chance to do his thing and we know they LOVE the former players who got traded so maybe they should just take a break. We get it, you hate McDaniels. Can you maybe leave the rest of us in peace for a couple of years while this guy does his thing? Im asking nicely.
    I don't have to like somebody destroying my team!!! You leave you pompous bag of (alleged) crap.
    Last edited by Gimpygod; 04-21-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: calmed down
    Famous quotes by me:
    "When life gives you lemons, it's probably trying to occupy your hands so it can kick you in the nuts."
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity... stupid has no such boundaries."

    - Gimpygod | I'm famous suckers! Video proof



  19. #477
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Between my ears
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I'm having a hard time drawing an equivalent between the season and a tree-climber's crotch.

    And McDaniels is Darth Vader?

    Oh well, enjoyed the word play, if nothing else . . .

    -----
    I'm trying to say that stupid actions usually result in stupid consequences. Watermelon and butcher knife are equivalent to cutting your entire offense and other crazy moves. And McDaniels really isn't Darth Vader because Darth Vader gave in to the dark side whereas I believe McDaniels generates the dark side so I guess the more appropriate equivalent would be the Emperor. Or maybe Belichick is the Emperor... I don't know. All I know for certain is Quentin Griffin is Yoda.
    Famous quotes by me:
    "When life gives you lemons, it's probably trying to occupy your hands so it can kick you in the nuts."
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity... stupid has no such boundaries."

    - Gimpygod | I'm famous suckers! Video proof



  20. The Following User High Fived Gimpygod For This Post:


  21. #478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post


    I'm a guy.
    Whatever you say

    Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    And I wasn't wrong.
    If you are a guy, you should at least be man enough to admit it. Also, what is with people not having reading comprehension on these boards. I never said anything about 6 weeks! I said Joe Ellis mentioned 8 but the Post reported it as little as 3.

    The fact is you offered a one word reply of wrong in response to my post that McDaniels had a conflict with Brady. All the other superfluous details don't matter. The attempted point was McDaniels didn't have any of these conflicts prior to Denver. I only needed one conflict to prove that wrong and that is precisely what I provided.

    Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    Even using your train of thought that coaches and players only interact for 16 weeks out of every season, thats only 19% - hardly a "large part".
    Your opinion I guess. 20% of anything is large enough for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    The fact that Brady worked well with McDaniels for 3+ years after and still speaks highly of him should tell you all you need to know about how serious that "fued" was.
    Brady has class. I highly doubt he would add fuel to the fire after the fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    Besides, it was 5 years ago. It didn't detract from the Patriots breaking several NFL records with McDaniels calling plays and it will hardly detract from the way the 2010 Broncos play. If McDaniels fails in Denver rest assured the 2005 season will have ZERO (or a "large part" as you would put it) impact on his performance here.
    Aside from the fact that CONFLICT seems to be the one major characteristic of McDaniels tenure here and there was a prior incident that could be pointed to, albeit after the fact, as the "writing on the wall."

  22. #479
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell
    Posts
    30,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Aside from the fact that CONFLICT seems to be the one major characteristic of McDaniels tenure here and there was a prior incident that could be pointed to, albeit after the fact, as the "writing on the wall."
    This "conflict" issue is pure fabrication, a figment of a wild imagination, a crock
    of feces. Cutler never had a personal problem with McDaniels. He became
    upset over the possibility he would be traded . . . an ego problem of Cutler's.

    Marshall went out of his way, from Miami, to categorically state that he had
    no personal problems with McDaniels.

    Nolan had no personal problem with McDaniels. It was very clearly emphasized
    that their differences were philosophical. They both claimed they parted
    amicably, and there is no reason to doubt that whatsoever.

    In his presser, McDaniels recounted some of the superstars he has dealt with,
    including the volatile Randy Moss, Welker, Brady, Champ, Dawkins, etc.,etc.
    without a hitch.

    Those who claim he has had personality problems seem the same people who
    have excoriated him over everything from his play-calling, drafting, and
    personnel decisions to the way he smacks his lips and which direction he looks
    in his interviews and pressers.

    Gets old . . .

    -----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)


  23. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:


  24. #480
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Steady Teddy
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Mike Klis usually is wrong. He's a sportswriter, and a poor one at that. I have no idea what Smith and Alfred Williams said about Ayers.
    I think Klis is an excellent beat writer and very rarely speculates on anything that he can't back up. I guess I'd be interested in seeing a couple examples of him being flat out wrong.

  25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group