Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread: Scheffler Traded

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think Klis is an excellent beat writer and very rarely speculates on anything that he can't back up. I guess I'd be interested in seeing a couple examples of him being flat out wrong.
    I don't always agree with Klis, but I don't believe a writer can be found that
    we would agree with all the time. All in all, I have to agree with you: Klis is one
    of about three writers on the DP who is worth reading . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    I don't always agree with Klis, but I don't believe a writer can be found that
    we would agree with all the time. All in all, I have to agree with you: Klis is one
    of about three writers on the DP who is worth reading . . .

-----
    Overall I have not been all that happy with any of the Post writers with paige being the worst klis next kreiger and jones being the best.

I think I got them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Overall I have not been all that happy with any of the Post writers with paige being the worst klis next kreiger and jones being the best.

I think I got them all.
    Jeff Legwold too....

Never been a fan of Paige or Klis at all. I think both do a little to much reaching and puff pieces. Kreiger and Legwold are my favorites personally from the Post, but like you said none of the post writers really make me want to go out of my way to find some of their stories. Honestly as far as local shops go for sport writing, the Post is pretty bad. They get the facts fairly faster then other organizations but when most of their writers want to throw opinion in with their story, I usually cringe.
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post

I think I got them all.
    Actually, I like Legwold the best. Krieger can be abraisive and sometimes
    offensive, but his analyses often sparkle, IMO. To me, Kiszla is the most grating,
    and Woody is the dumbest. Jones can be okay, but it seems she sometimes
    forgets to take her meds . . .

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Actually, I like Legwold the best. Krieger can be abraisive and sometimes
    offensive, but his analyses often sparkle, IMO. To me, Kiszla is the most grating,
    and Woody is the dumbest. Jones can be okay, but it seems she sometimes
    forgets to take her meds . . .

-----
    Whoops I keep getting Klis and Kizla mixed up..

But your right Legwold (not sure how I forgot him) seems to be the best overall followed by Kliss, Krieger, Lindsay Jones (seems to be the rookie).

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Whatever you say

If you are a guy, you should at least be man enough to admit it. Also, what is with people not having reading comprehension on these boards. I never said anything about 6 weeks! I said Joe Ellis mentioned 8 but the Post reported it as little as 3.

The fact is you offered a one word reply of wrong in response to my post that McDaniels had a conflict with Brady. All the other superfluous details don't matter. The attempted point was McDaniels didn't have any of these conflicts prior to Denver. I only needed one conflict to prove that wrong and that is precisely what I provided.

Aside from the fact that CONFLICT seems to be the one major characteristic of McDaniels tenure here and there was a prior incident that could be pointed to, albeit after the fact, as the "writing on the wall."
    He mentioned McDaniels and Brady didn't speak for several weeks (6 IIRC) during the Pats undefeated season.
    OOPS.

You are saying 1/5 is a "large part"? What do you constitute as a small part? I guess if they went a day without talking that would be a small part of the season?

Speaking of reading comprehension, I said FALSE, not wrong. As in, your statement as a whole was false. You said "They did not speak or work together for a large part of the season". That statement as a whole is completely false.

My point in calling out your post as false was to hopefully get people to take 5 seconds to google a story before they post what they think they remember about it and claim it as fact to back their agenda. Not only that, but the story itself was purely speculative with no sources or specifics cited. Several players on the 2005 team have been asked and they have said they knew nothing about the rift and didnt notice any tension between the two in the locker room.

But really, keep questioning my gender and maybe it will make everything true.
    Last edited by LRtagger; 04-21-2010 at 02:40 PM.

7. The Following User High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Whatever you say

If you are a guy, you should at least be man enough to admit it. Also, what is with people not having reading comprehension on these boards. I never said anything about 6 weeks! I said Joe Ellis mentioned 8 but the Post reported it as little as 3.

The fact is you offered a one word reply of wrong in response to my post that McDaniels had a conflict with Brady. All the other superfluous details don't matter. The attempted point was McDaniels didn't have any of these conflicts prior to Denver. I only needed one conflict to prove that wrong and that is precisely what I provided.

Your opinion I guess. 20% of anything is large enough for me.

Brady has class. I highly doubt he would add fuel to the fire after the fact.

Aside from the fact that CONFLICT seems to be the one major characteristic of McDaniels tenure here and there was a prior incident that could be pointed to, albeit after the fact, as the "writing on the wall."

Just as a suggestion:

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

If a QB throws 16 passes, completing 13 of them, would anyone in their right mind (besides jhil) say that a large portion of the QBs throws were incomplete?

If a player plays 16 seasons in the league, has 3 bad seasons and 13 pro bowl seasons, would anyone here (besides jhil) say that for a large part of the player's career he was a bad player?

If a player started and played at an all-pro level for 13 games (missing 3 due to injury) out of a 16 game season, would anyone here (besides jhil) say that the player missed a large part of the season due to injury?

I guess by those standards we dominated and won for a large part of the season last year.

10. The Following User High Fived LRtagger For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
    If a QB throws 16 passes, completing 13 of them, would anyone in their right mind (besides jhil) say that a large portion of the QBs throws were incomplete?

If a player plays 16 seasons in the league, has 3 bad seasons and 13 pro bowl seasons, would anyone here (besides jhil) say that for a large part of the player's career he was a bad player?

If a player started and played at an all-pro level for 13 games (missing 3 due to injury) out of a 16 game season, would anyone here (besides jhil) say that the player missed a large part of the season due to injury?

I guess by those standards we dominated and won for a large part of the season last year.
    "I'm detecting some sarcasm..."

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    you wish you hit a nerve i just stop arguing when isee the other person is blind....at least rav, claymore, cane can be constructive at times and get there point across and have good points... i have yet to see that from you......

and a big reason our offense was so basic last year, was becasue of our OL.....if you cant understand that then sorry.....

would that be the same oline that was ranked 2nd in yards...16th in scorieng..and allowed a miniscule 12 sacks on the year in 08?

i also keep hearing our 09 offense was so damm complex..what is it basic or complex? stick to one story...mine has never swayed..orton is average..mcd sucks as a head coach until proven otherwise..and we are bleeding talent ...

no matter what the excuse..you dont just play at a high level one year than as a group totaly suck the next..face it the oline went downhill because the playcalling and talent taking the snaps went down hill
    weigman was one of the best centers in 08...suddenly in 09 hes a reason our offense was pathetic?...really? why not blame santa clause..thats just as plausible

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Face it - the Broncos could have got Payton Manning and the Colts #1 pick, and you would have found something to complain about

They are lucky they got anything for Scheffler - they could have waited until training camp, and cut him, with nothing in return.
    i have to disagree with you carol.

we gave up a player and a draft pick for (1) 5th round pick????? i dont know who taught mcdumbass math (he's supposed to be a math major i thought) but that doesn't add up too well to me.

now had we acquired a 5th and a 7th for Sheff, that might make a little more sense.

Game time decision. The "player" said he was injured and didn't feel he could go. Use Marshall's ignorance and stupid tactic against him. Instead McDaniels monster ego got in the way. He had to send a message right then and there. He had to prove a point. He threw a player under the bus. Acted like a baby and not the 33 year old coach/gm of this team.

on wensday...key word ...wensday...you know 4 days before game time...how many injured players each week on wenday are asked can you go? and ansewr i dont think so...

point is there is no doubt in my mind had mcd left it at that..labled him a game time dec..marshall would have ponied up on sunday....no coach inthier right mind pencils out a probowl player on wensday..none.. unless its for certain he cant go

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    would that be the same oline that was ranked 2nd in yards...16th in scorieng..and allowed a miniscule 12 sacks on the year in 08?

i also keep hearing our 09 offense was so damm complex..what is it basic or complex? stick to one story...mine has never swayed..orton is average..mcd sucks as a head coach until proven otherwise..and we are bleeding talent ...

no matter what the excuse..you dont just play at a high level one year than as a group totaly suck the next..face it the oline went downhill because the playcalling and talent taking the snaps went down hill
    weigman was one of the best centers in 08...suddenly in 09 hes a reason our offense was pathetic?...really? why not blame santa clause..thats just as plausible
    Wiegmann did not play this last year in 2008. He played it in 2009. Wiegmann
    is crowding 40. I don't know how old you are, but when you are 40, one year
    can make a significant difference. And it did . . . both in Wiegmann's and
    Hamilton's respective cases.

Toward the last half of last year, the O-line repeatedly got blown up. I saw it.
    You should have seen it.

I hope this helps to lead you to a better understanding . . .

-----

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Yeah...I know...no matter where anyone sets the bar, you or someone else with a passion for badmouthing the team will find something else to fit the argument.

Point taken...

...again

i guess thinking a 1st rnd rb getting a 100 yards in at least one game is setting the bar to high...right?

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho2 View Post
    Player production fluctuates from year to year all the time. The best player one year may not be the best the next. Even if we had stayed with the ZBS in 09, there is no guarantee that we would have been successful.

Weigman wore down, Hamilton couldnt hold the point in the new blocking scheme, and Harris was hurt for a good part of the year. Partner that with the fact that we swapped a mobile QB in 08 to a pocket passing QB in 09. It's simple to see why/how the Oline slid.

It's Josh's job to make sure in 2010 that they get back to form in his system. If the line play declines again in 2010, then I think you can place the blame squarely on Josh (barring huge injury problems or some other anomaly).

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information