Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Scheffler Traded

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Could.... but considering we've seen more problems with McD working with players than we have with Tom working with people... its not hard to see a pattern with people. I mean, thats what your complaint was with marshall, right? The fact that you could see the patterns and didn't believe he could change them?

But let me guess, you want to whine about those making observations on McD's attitude problem? Anything else you want to whine about?
    Marshall had problems before Josh so yea there was a pattern. Jay had a attitude problem both on and off the field. Sheff was his best friend and couldnt deal. Hillis, just unlucky to not fit into the guy's scheme. 4 players, 3 of whom did not want to be Broncos anymore. Boo hoo. Dude has had one year to prove himself. If he falls flat on his face oh well, we move on. As far as your observations, we've heard it all Rav. My point today is it would be nice if you guys could just move on already.

The negativity is just dragging the board down. Does this mean you cant post? No, but i do think it would be better if some of you guys just took some time off of the board. Do you really get off on all the drama that you stir up? Really? If you really hate this guy so much than why bother posting the same shit over and over? Why cant the rest of the board at least have a little optimism without all the negative nancys destroying every thread with their negativity? Take some time off, go root for Miami for a couple of years and support guys like Jay and Brandon and then come back if McD is no longer here. Im not trying to be a dick but damn dude you guys constantly cry about the same stuff and eventually its going to disrupt the board. We understand why you dont like the current state of the Broncos, there is nothing left for you to say on it really. IMO

North.. you are bringing out the drama with your whining about posters more than anything else. WHine whine whine... and you want to make it out to be someone else? If you guys don't like a post, then ignore it. Thats the best way to make it go away.

Instead, you want to quote it, and then comment on it, and laugh and make fun of the poster. .and gripe and complain... so that the original poster says something back and then you say something about it again and the circle continues. THen the next time, you do it again.

You are bringing more attention to the posts you don't like by continuing to acknowledge, quote, and comment on them. If you don't like what you are reading..... take a break from the board. Don't respond, or put people on ignore.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    North.. you are bringing out the drama with your whining about posters more than anything else. WHine whine whine... and you want to make it out to be someone else? If you guys don't like a post, then ignore it. Thats the best way to make it go away.

Instead, you want to quote it, and then comment on it, and laugh and make fun of the poster. .and gripe and complain... so that the original poster says something back and then you say something about it again and the circle continues. THen the next time, you do it again.

You are bringing more attention to the posts you don't like by continuing to acknowledge, quote, and comment on them. If you don't like what you are reading..... take a break from the board. Don't respond, or put people on ignore.

100% correct. But i cant quit you.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Again, led all rookies in rushing. Not a single rookie running back out performed him.
    Plenty of rookie RB's outperformed Moreno. They didn't gain as many yards in their season but they also didn't get as many starts, carries, or a combination of. However, Shonn Greene won games for his team. How many games can you say Moreno won for us? Shonn Greene took pressure off his rookie QB! How much pressure did Moreno take off Orton?

Wrong.
    Of course it is I suppose Alfred Williams, Neil Smith, Mike Klis and others are wrong. They have all discussed the same shortcomings of Ayers.

I counted at least 3 of Dumervil's sacks that Ayers was directly responsible for by collapsing the pocket and flushing the quarterback right to Doom. Oh, and he's a linebacker, not lineman.
    Hold the phone. Aren't you the one saying we spectators in the peanut gallery dont know the play calls, the assignments, etc...? Now all of a sudden you know everything about a play?

And Ty Law is still a very good nickle corner.
    Based on what? Where was he at the Philly and KC games last year?

Pssst, Smith was a 2nd rounder.
    Downright DENIAL at its best! Alphonso Smurf is a 1st rounder for all intents and purposes. We gave up a first to draft him. The cost was a first. He and the coach better hope he performs like a first.

Do you not realize that drafting players and letting them learn behind veterans is how this team works now?
    Well when the coach in his post draft media explains that Quinn is a monster blocker and will see "significant" playing time even as a rookie, I think it is only fair we hold him to it. He set the expectations.

That's because most people can't look beyond a stat sheet and see the bigger picture.
    I was looking at the bigger picture before anybody else. I pointed out Moreno's woes when this team was 5-0. I was FLAMED to holy hell for it. I pointed out when this team was 6-2 they would be lucky to make the playoffs. I could see the seeds of destruction.

I am still looking at the bigger picture. This team has lost 8-10 and that trend will easily continue into next season.

You realize that Cassel had been a Chief for over a month when the Cutler trade went down?
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...timeline_N.htm

Again you have PISS POOR FACTS!

PS: Another J McDaniels lie is in there. See the note for March 3rd: "We are not trading Jay Cutler-period."

Damn you make owning you too easy!

I think you might want to join Ravage in doing better fact checking.
    Oh the irony. See the above comment and tell me if you can put it together.

So the Denver Post (which has never been terribly credible) and the Boston Globe (who has no real connection to the Broncos) are correct, but highly credible sources with actual links to the team like Schefter and King, are wrong? [/QUOTE]

The Boston Globe has no connections to the Broncos? They are connected to Denver East Patriots. This team is entirely different than when Schefter was the beat writer. By the way, how can it be the Denver Post has never been credible when it comes to the Broncos but they employed Schefter? LOL. You have some goofy assed logic.

Do us a favor and provide one link to Schefter or King stating the three team scenario was bull crap!

I don't have to worry about being wrong. I have facts on my side.
    Funny you haven't used them or cited them.

You (and those media outlets) are making claims based on speculation and conjecture while the facts are clearly against you.
    Right because people who are around the team on a daily basis from training camp on speculate. Try journalism 101 and get back to me.

Moreno was a rookie, hence a little leeway with fumbling problems. Moreno also didn't struggle with knowing his assignments.
    There was play after play of Moreno not knowing which defender was his responsibility.

I also wasn't calling Hillis a poor blocker or world class douche. Those words were directed at Tony Scheffler.
    Check your quote. You called Hillis a world class douche. Stay classy, bro.

Ravage is still learning how to fact check, so I doubt we'll be seeing him tear anything to pieces in the meantime.
    DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL.

Jordan was brought in for the following reasons.

1) He knew the system, allowing us to focus on teaching it to our two primary backs and Hillis.
    2) Locker room presence. McDaniels felt comfortable that Jordan would help instill the mentality that he wanted.
    3) To be used in "ground out the clock and finish the game" and emergency roles.

He was never intended to be used as anything more than that. He filled the role that we signed him to fill, and now that Moreno/Buckhalter know the system we were free to cut Jordan and can now fill his spot with a developmental player.
    Except we had players go down and he was called on at times as the primary guy despite Hillis being a better option. By the way, that developmental player's name is JJ Arrington

7. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

OK folks it is time to stop worrying about the other posters.

As sick as I am of it also. if Y'all do not like a post IGNORE it, it will go away.

I do it all the time better yet place the posters on IGGY I would if I could. But part of my job is to be sheriff here. Keeping the peace. there fore I have to read it all or atlas as much as I can. (Stomach)

Now lets get

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    100% correct. But i cant quit you.
    Honestly... I usually only jump in on that crap, when I see posters complaining, whining, griping about the ex players or absolutely jumping to the defense of McD because they want to look away. Or.... trying to make orton out to be something he's not.

if I have to read that junk, I don't think anything said in the other direction is worse. I want to puke at some of the excuses and complaints about former players around here. No reason I should simply sit on my typing fingers.

The fans are split. Thats what happens when coaches make some dramatic changes that hurt the team..... whether you agree they hurt the team or not. A LOT of people absolutely do. Its not about 'change'...its about watching the team disintegrate.

Hell.. I could go on and on and on about hearing about JR's "daft" crap for years. You guys all want to insult the players that were here, and we are just supposed to 'accept' it as if your comments are fact. Thats irritating that you want to complain about our complaints when the insults are just as much of a drag to read.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

So Josh didnt speak with Tom for 3 weeks out of 2 years of working with him. WOW, stop the ******* presses already. hahahahahahahaha
    Scratch that, he was the Quarterbacks coach for 4 years before the OC job so technically its 6 years of working with Brady and only 3 weeks with a beef. WOW.
    Who cares? I wasnt there to really know what the problem even was. Josh has more positives with Brady than negatives. Are you really going to ignore all that over 3 weeks which meant nothing in the long run? Really?
    Whatever dude. 2 years working with the guy and they have one beef which could easily fall on Tom's shoulders as it does Josh's. Sorry if i dont get too bent out of shape on that. Anything else you want to whine about Josh? Might as well get it all out man so we can finally move the **** on. Did he run over a crowd of kids on the way to work today? Anything? Ok, lets move on shall we?
    Really? During his time there Josh was 1-1 in Super Bowls with Brady at the helm. The one SB win he was the actual QB coach and yet he consider him a failure after 2 SB appearances. WOW
    Negg me all you want. The fact is someone mentioned that McDaniels didn't have player conflicts prior to Denver insinuating the issue was with the players.

The fact is he did have conflicts despite being only the QB coach. Also, it doesn't matter who started it. The fact is they beefed for AT LEAST 3 weeks of the season. The fact is it demonstrates that McDaniels had trouble getting along with the one person many consider to be the best QB of all time.

I am curious, how many other people had conflicts with Brady to the point it was public knowledge? NONE!

At some point you have to acknowledge he is the common denominator in all the player conflicts.

Finally, if you can't follow a simple thread and conversation don't bother butting in! If you do want to butt in then follow the simple point at hand.

Or you can negg me but I have no problem handing it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    ... But part of my job is to be sheriff here....
    ????

14. The Following User High Fived Broncolingus For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Negg me all you want. The fact is someone mentioned that McDaniels didn't have player conflicts prior to Denver insinuating the issue was with the players.

The fact is he did have conflicts despite being only the QB coach. Also, it doesn't matter who started it. The fact is they beefed for AT LEAST 3 weeks of the season. The fact is it demonstrates that McDaniels had trouble getting along with the one person many consider to be the best QB of all time.

I am curious, how many other people had conflicts with Brady to the point it was public knowledge? NONE!

At some point you have to acknowledge he is the common denominator in all the player conflicts.

Finally, if you can't follow a simple thread and conversation don't bother butting in! If you do want to butt in then follow the simple point at hand.

Or you can negg me but I have no problem handing it back.
    Actually, i believe this whole ordeal here started when you quoted my post about how McD stated he got along fine with guys like Brady, Moss, etc. So am i really supposed to believe you know more about the details of Brady and Josh not talking to each other over a 6 year period? I think not. By negging you im not sure what you mean by that. I dont send neg reps to anyone. I just lay it out all on the forum you can ask any of the guys like Rav, Lan, etc. But it doesnt change that i like those guys regardless. I as a fan would just like to move on with the Broncos we have here and i could care less about 3 guys who didnt want to be in Denver anymore. And its all my observation on how i see the team no different than you. But, i dont try and pretend to be Miss Cleo about what happens between coach and player.

But, i dont try and pretend to be Miss Cleo about what happens between coach and player.
    And I did that where? I already stated the fact that it doesn't matter what happened but the fact that it did happen and became publicized and public knowledge.

The fact is they HAD the beef-not who started it or what it was about. The fact is they had the beef and there has been NO OTHER SIMILAR incidents with Brady prior to or post McDaniels. How is that so hard to get?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

And I did that where? I already stated the fact that it doesn't matter what happened but the fact that it did happen and became publicized and public knowledge.

The fact is they HAD the beef-not who started it or what it was about. The fact is they had the beef and there has been NO OTHER SIMILAR incidents with Brady prior to or post McDaniels. How is that so hard to get?
    Did we even know about it at the time? Who cares? Really?

Adopted Bronco:
    Andrew Luck

A season by definition is 16 weeks and a bye week. Sorry, Im not being a smart ass but simply answering your question.

Who cares what happens during OTA's, TC, and minicamp so long as it is made better by the season. That is what those functions are for-to work through the crap. The season isn't helped by not speaking to one another.

All that aside, the point still remains that McDaniels is known now for player conflict. The best coaches find ways to deal with their players and get the most of them. Parcells does it time and again. Vermeil called LJ a baby and needed to take the diapers off and still got the most out of him. Ditka could do it. McDaniels just benches guys, cuts them, or ships them out of town.
    The problem is, you don't know that it happened during the season. It could have very well happened for 3 weeks during conditioning or OTAs. Klis didn't elaborate on anything. He didn't provide any details, presumably because he doesn't have any.

Whatever issues the two may have had at the time were quickly resolved, however. Two seasons later, McDaniels was the offensive coordinator for a Patriots offense that set several records, including 50 touchdown passes from Brady.

Brady continues to speak extremely highly of McDaniels — last fall, Brady said he knew McDaniels had a handle on the offense early in his tenure in New England.

“When he was quarterback coach his first year, 2004, you could really tell,” Brady said of McDaniels in the days leading up to the Patriots-Broncos game. “He studied under the defense here for a while and I think he really brought that over to the offense and said, ‘All right, guys, this is how they’re trying to stop us, so this is how we’re going to beat it.’

“Obviously, when you can do that and you learned under coach Belichick, as an offensive coach you can bring so much information — you know, vs. formations what they’re going to do, how they’re going to play certain looks that we’re giving them. And then you try to take advantage of those looks. He was really great at that and he’s still great at that.”

Obviously it wasn't too much of an issue or it would have been reported on back in 2005 IMO.

Did we even know about it at the time? Who cares? Really?
    Well someone did because they brashly proclaimed McDaniels didn't have conflict prior to Denver. That LTRag chick chimed in as well with a ridiculous one word reply to which she was owned for it-yet didn't display the same gall to say she was wrong.

I don't really care. Trust me, I may be a critic of McD but I don't hate everything he does. Read my posts. I have given the guy his due when it was owed.

Oh and for me, this isn't about Jay Cutler. In the end I could see he made the right decision (even though Orton isn't our long term answer) on Cutler. I just didn't like the way he handled it.

I guess you could say that is why this matters. I could care less if he wants to make the team as he sees fit. It is his right and he should. I do care about how it is done. Each trade was precipitated by some drama that was manufactured to some degree.

Do you not find it the least bit interesting that McDaniels in his first rift with Marshall insisted to the media that he would keep everything in house? Then after McD looks like the master for getting Marshall in line he blew it up by airing the laundry? Why did he not keep it in house with Scheffler the same way he did with Hillis and Marshall initially?

Oh well, I am over it. He had a beef with Brady. Lets see if the conflicts continue.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    OK folks it is time to stop worrying about the other posters.

As sick as I am of it also. if Y'all do not like a post IGNORE it, it will go away.

I do it all the time better yet place the posters on IGGY I would if I could. But part of my job is to be sheriff here. Keeping the peace. there fore I have to read it all or atlas as much as I can. (Stomach)

Now lets get

As the Sheriff I must say you suck...hehehe

((Kidding))

"Now where the white women at!"

- Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

21. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Do you not find it the least bit interesting that McDaniels in his first rift with Marshall insisted to the media that he would keep everything in house? Then after McD looks like the master for getting Marshall in line he blew it up by airing the laundry? Why did he not keep it in house with Scheffler the same way he did with Hillis and Marshall initially?

Oh well, I am over it. He had a beef with Brady. Lets see if the conflicts continue.
    Yes and no. I see a young coach who can make his own fair of mistakes. Look, im not saying that McD is going to succeed in Denver. All ive ever pointed to is that the guy needs more than one year and to be able to do it his way. Thats all. For all i know he could turn out to be just like Phillips before Shanny arrived.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information