Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: No Robertson for Denver

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Good grief. Thomas is in a car with the wrong person, we don't trade for a mediocre DT and we do sign a WR that was buried behind a superstar WR on a team with a mediocre QB. Must be the end of the world. Get a grip people
    Delhomme was a pretty darn good QB for awhile in Carolina. Just the past two seasons have been bad ones for him. He is starting to decline. And your who super star receiver theory should of help Colbert, not hurt him. Colbert doesn't have to worry about game plans against him, or double teams. Smith takes that pressure off of him. Heck, Colbert couldn't even pass up Drew Carter on the depth chart, and to show you how much the Panthers though of Carter and Colbert, they went out and drafted Dwayne Jarrett. Colbert had a decent rookie year and has been on the decline ever since. What on earth makes you think he will be a legit #2 in Denver?

As for Thomas, I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about how it isn't a big deal, just because a guys was at the wrong place at the wrong time. You have no idea what happened and neither do I... It could of been his "buddies" stash, or it could of been Thomas' stash. We may never know. Even if his buddy takes the rap, who knows if Thomas doesn't pay him off for taking the rap? Problem is that guys with bad character lables surround themselves with bad character friends. Marcus Thomas should of learned from Travis Henry, a guy who also was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Give me a break!

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Yep, it's the end of the world. Thomas got busted for smoking pot in college...not running a drug cartel. If that's a character issue, then I stand corrected. Rod Smith smacked his wife around, Brandon Marshall acted a fool...but none of them were in the presence of a baggie that had a TRACE of drugs in it, so I guess they are ******* angels.

...and Delhomme's 84 rating over the last 4 seasons is completely Pro Bowl caliber. During that time 67% of all pass attempts have gone to the primary receiver. In his 2004 rookie season, Colbert did fine with Muhammed, in 05, Smith got by far the majority of the pass plays...in 06, the Panthers brought in Keyshawn and last year they had Testaverde running the show. Smith has 273 receptions in the last 3 years...somehow I don't think the double teams are working.

***********EDIT*************
    Last edited by Mike; 03-03-2008 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Bypassing profanity filter

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Yep, it's the end of the world. Thomas got busted for smoking pot in college...not running a drug cartel. If that's a character issue, then I stand corrected. Rod Smith smacked his wife around, Brandon Marshall acted a fool...but none of them were in the presence of a baggie that had a TRACE of drugs in it, so I guess they are ******* angels.

...and Delhomme's 84 rating over the last 4 seasons is completely Pro Bowl caliber. During that time 67% of all pass attempts have gone to the primary receiver. In his 2004 rookie season, Colbert did fine with Muhammed, in 05, Smith got by far the majority of the pass plays...in 06, the Panthers brought in Keyshawn and last year they had Testaverde running the show. Smith has 273 receptions in the last 3 years...somehow I don't think the double teams are working.
    Take off the Orange tinted glasses Coach. If you really think Colbert is a good #2, you are truely viewing this with you oranged tinted glasses on. As for the Marcus Thomas debate... sure if funny how a 1st round talent slides down the draft boards like he did just because of a simple pot issue in college.
    Last edited by Mike; 03-03-2008 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Editted Coach's quote

6. The Following User High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

His numbers the past three years combined declined (62-670-2). That is 2, count em two TD's the last three years.
    Colbert is not the answer.
    Last edited by Mike; 03-03-2008 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Edited Coach's quote

Adopted Bronco:
    Selvin Young

We need to trade back in the first round picking up another 2nd and taking both Trevor Laws and Pat Sims, both DT's.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived HolyDiver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    His numbers the past three years combined declined (62-670-2). That is 2, count em two TD's the last three years.
    We'll see how Colbert plays and how he reacts to advirsity. As long as he doesn't get hurt all of the time, doesn't pout on the bench, and doesn't complain about getting the ball all of the time he is an upgrade over Walker.

11. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    We'll see how Colbert plays and how he reacts to advirsity. As long as he doesn't get hurt all of the time, doesn't pout on the bench, and doesn't complain about getting the ball all of the time he is an upgrade over Walker.
    I hope he doesn't pout on the bench cuz thats where he's going to spend most of his time.

Colbert is not an upgrade over Walker... it is a serious downgrade. Walker might of been a problem in the locker room, or even off the field as far as running his mouth... it wasn't like he was actually doing something bad, except using his right to freedom of speech. Sure he should of been smart and keep his mouth shut, but as far as playing football on the field goes... Walker was a Pro Bowl caliber player and now we have a scrub that couldn't hack it on the Panthers even with Steve Smith taking away all the pressure off the rest of the wide outs on the squad.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    Colbert is not an upgrade over Walker... it is a serious downgrade. Walker might of been a problem in the locker room, or even off the field as far as running his mouth... it wasn't like he was actually doing something bad, except using his right to freedom of speech. Sure he should of been smart and keep his mouth shut, but as far as playing football on the field goes... Walker was a Pro Bowl caliber player and now we have a scrub that couldn't hack it on the Panthers even with Steve Smith taking away all the pressure off the rest of the wide outs on the squad.
    Walker is a pro-bowl caliber player with a seriously bad knee. I don't care how good a player he is if he never plays. Walker might be a team cancer as well. Thus Colbert is an upgrade over Walker as is, not as what Walker could be.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

You guys are funny...

1)Did you really think we were going to find "the answer" to WR through free agency?

2)Did you really think we were going to replace Javon Walker?

The answer to the smart Denver fan on both of these is "no".

Bowlen has already stated he isn't going to let Shanahan sign any costly free agents.

And considering Shanahan's track record, and him being the cause of the current state of the team, Bowlen di the right thing.

Denver has likely already called the upcoming season "what it is", and is looking to build for the future.

And that's a good thing. The sooner some of you people realize that, the better.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Walker is a pro-bowl caliber player with a seriously bad knee. I don't care how good a player he is if he never plays. Walker might be a team cancer as well. Thus Colbert is an upgrade over Walker as is, not as what Walker could be.
    In that case.... Glenn Martinez is an upgrade over Walker.... Until Walker's knee actually goes.... Walker is way better than Colbert wishes he could be. Sorry my friend... this is a huge down grade.

If we signed a guy like D.J. Hackett or Bryant Johnson, it would still be a down grade but at least and adiquate one.

20. The Following User High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Hang on now, Colbert wasn't the answer in Carolina which cold be for many reasons that we don't know. We all know a new system, new surroundings, new people around him, different coaching, etc., can make a person better. The potential has always been there for Colbert. Maybe it;s just going to take a new team with a different scheme that brings out his true potential. You just don't know. I'm going to give it a chance and see what happens.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

22. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    You guys are funny...

1)Did you really think we were going to find "the answer" to WR through free agency?

2)Did you really think we were going to replace Javon Walker?

The answer to the smart Denver fan on both of these is "no".

Bowlen has already stated he isn't going to let Shanahan sign any costly free agents.

And considering Shanahan's track record, and him being the cause of the current state of the team, Bowlen di the right thing.

Denver has likely already called the upcoming season "what it is", and is looking to build for the future.

And that's a good thing. The sooner some of you people realize that, the better.
    So why not sign, Drew Carter over Keary Colbert? Or Devry Henderson? Both guys are super cheap to sign... actually Henderson signed for less, and both are at least threats on the field. Henderson might drop more than a few, but he sure does make it up with the big play every now and then.

We signed a slow, over-rated, bad blocking wide out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Derrick Hamilton, Glenn Martinez, or Taylor Jacobs do better than Colbert.

24. The Following User High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    In that case.... Glenn Martinez is an upgrade over Walker.... Until Walker's knee actually goes.... Walker is way better than Colbert wishes he could be. Sorry my friend... this is a huge down grade.

If we signed a guy like D.J. Hackett or Bryant Johnson, it would still be a down grade but at least and adiquate one.
    I agree with the last statement, but I stand with anyone playing is an upgrade over an injury plauged, drama queen Walker. How does his high cap number, never playing, always complaining ass help the Broncos.

Hint, it doesn't that's why he was cut.

We'll see if Walker ever amounts to anything, and I'm not counting on Colbert being anything special, but at least he'll play. Maybe a better question is whether Colbert is an upgrade over Glenn Martinez because that is who he is replacing.

Walker is a pro-bowl caliber player with a seriously bad knee and bad attitude. I don't care how good a player he is if he never plays. Walker might be a team cancer as well. Thus Colbert is an upgrade over Walker as is, not as what Walker could be.
    Added something...

27. The Following User High Fived Scarface For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information