Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Kyle has actually been in some different systems unlike McD. He has learned from Gruden, Kubiak, and Shanahan.

Id take him as an Offensive coordinator way before I took McD.

Kyle's texans had the #4 offense in the league last year. He knows what he's doing.
    yes, because kubiak had nothing to do with houston's offensive scheme or prowess. or schaub, for that matter.

Kyle has actually been in some different systems unlike McD. He has learned from Gruden, Kubiak, and Shanahan.
    All of them run the West Coast Offense, and Kubiak's version comes directly from Mike Shanahan. Josh brought more innovation to the NFL with his Earhart-Perkins-meets-the-West-Coast-Offense hybrid than any of them save for maybe Mike in his prime.

Id take him as an Offensive coordinator way before I took McD.
    Of course you would. He's Mike's son and he's not McD.

Kyle's texans had the #4 offense in the league last year. He knows what he's doing.
    So when Kyle runs the #4 offense in the league it's a great accomplishment on his part. When Josh McDaniels runs the greatest offense in NFL history en route to a Super Bowl berth (Kyle's offenses never even made the playoffs) all the credit belongs to the quarterback, receivers, head coach and basically everyone else but him?

The only thing consistent about you, is your inconsistency.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bosco For This Post:

Campbell is a very good QB but i dont know how well he would do with your current WRs
    Welcome to Miami Brandon Marshall

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Claymore you're ******' brilliant man! You should replace Xanders.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    Claymore you're ******' brilliant man! You should replace Xanders.
    i don't think clay would work all that well with mcdaniels. . .

then again, if you believe clay, JMFMCD doesn't work well with anybody. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    All of them run the West Coast Offense, and Kubiak's version comes directly from Mike Shanahan. Josh brought more innovation to the NFL with his Earhart-Perkins-meets-the-West-Coast-Offense hybrid than any of them save for maybe Mike in his prime.

Of course you would. He's Mike's son and he's not McD.

So when Kyle runs the #4 offense in the league it's a great accomplishment on his part. When Josh McDaniels runs the greatest offense in NFL history en route to a Super Bowl berth (Kyle's offenses never even made the playoffs) all the credit belongs to the quarterback, receivers, head coach and basically everyone else but him?

The only thing consistent about you, is your inconsistency.
    What color is the sky in your world?

9. The Following User High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Lets trade Jabar Gaffney, and Kyle Orton for Jason Campbell. If the Redskins balk we can throw in Josh McDaniels to learn some offene froim Kyle Shanahan!

Go Broncos!!!!!!

I'd like to trade Claymore for a disgruntled bears fan.

Wait, I have my own site now, screw Clay.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    What color is the sky in your world?
    Hmmm guess the same thing could be asked of you given that you seem enamored with the OC of a team that was ranked 4th in the NFL one year, but not the OC of a team that was ranked 1st in the NFL and set numerous NFL offensive records in a different year.

Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Hmmm guess the same thing could be asked of you given that you seem enamored with the OC of a team that was ranked 4th in the NFL one year, but not the OC of a team that was ranked 1st in the NFL and set numerous NFL offensive records in a different year.

That doesnt count because he ahd more talent to work with and just picked up where others ledt off...or whatever today's explanation is. I'm having a hard time keeping up

Lets trade Jabar Gaffney, and Kyle Orton for Jason Campbell. If the Redskins balk we can throw in Josh McDaniels to learn some offene froim Kyle Shanahan!

Go Broncos!!!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Did you even watch Denvers offense at all last year? Nothing short of pathetic. I don't give a rats ass about New Englands accomplishments, Mcd is the head coach here with all teh power and is calling the plays on offense and so far he hasn't shown me shit.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    Did you even watch Denvers offense at all last year? Nothing short of pathetic. I don't give a rats ass about New Englands accomplishments, Mcd is the head coach here with all teh power and is calling the plays on offense and so far he hasn't shown me shit.
    Not really. The only game of Denver's I watched any significant portion of was the game against the Patriots.

However, without directly comparing the teams, my impression and belief is that the Texans were more talented at most of the offensive and defensive positions. Only position I can think of that the Broncos are more talented is CB.
    Schaub > Orton
    Andre Johnson > Brandon Marshall
    Kevin Walter > can't remember who the Broncs other WR was
    I believe Texans RB > Broncos RB
    Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, Brian Cushing, and DeMeco Ryans > their Broncos counterparts.

Can't remember any other players.

Remember McDaniels is changing the style of football the Broncos play and will need some time to get talented players who fit his style and schemes. If he still hasn't significantly improved the Broncos offense and defense after the next season or two, then I will agree with you.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Not really. The only game of Denver's I watched any significant portion of was the game against the Patriots.

However, without directly comparing the teams, my impression and belief is that the Texans were more talented at most of the offensive and defensive positions. Only position I can think of that the Broncos are more talented is CB.
    Schaub > Orton
    Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, Brian Cushing, and DeMeco Ryans > their Broncos counterparts.

Remember McDaniels is changing the style of football the Broncos play and will need some time to get talented players who fit his style and schemes. If he still hasn't significantly improved the Broncos offense and defense after the next season or two, then I will agree with you.
    Excellent post.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Schaub > Orton

Kevin Walter is not a more talented wideout than Eddie Royal. I'd argue Gaffney is equally talented if not better as well.

RB is a tossup too. But I agree with the overall gist of your post.

we need that dude from Philly to puke all over this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information