Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Dismantling an NFL franchise for dummies....

Quote Originally Posted by scott.475 View Post
    No one should be surprised by this move, no one. I have yet to be a huge supporter of McD's, still hoping he proves me wrong. But, we are where we are, it may be very ugly from here on out, may not.

Dismantling the team? Yes, that is probably a fair statement, but not necessarily bad. There is virtually nothing in common between McD's and Shanahan's coaching philosophies, and while no one in the Bronco's organization has used the term "rebuilding", I think it is pretty clear that is what we are doing. McD was given the keys to the family car to do as he wishes, and it is clear he is working on dismantling the Shanahan Broncos in order to create a hopefully better McD Broncos.

Again, I am no big supporter of McD's just yet, but getting rid of Marshall is actually the least concerning thing, in my mind, that he has done. We are stuck with McD for at least a couple more years so I am going to work on keeping a good attitude.

Regardless of whether this works or not, I will still be a Bronco fan forever. Why folks on opposing sides of any situation regarding the Broncos feel compelled to call the other side being "on the badnwagon" or "off the bandwagon", "fairweather", or any other term over a simple DIFFERENCE OF OPINION is beyond me. This is, after all, a DISCUSSION BOARD. I don't recall any rule stating that we must all agree, remain positive regardless of what is happening, or that we must swear allegiance to any one player of coach.

As far as I can tell, we are all pretty passionate Bronco's fans around here, and I disagree with plenty of things people post over one topic or another, but I would NEVER question whether they are true fans of the Broncos. I was a Bronco fan before I was born, was 6 years old when they went to their first Superbowl and STILL remember how exciting that time was. I have maintained my passion for them despite having lived in the God-foresaken state of Washington for over 20 years, and NO ONE can question my love or passion for the Broncos over a difference of opinion. I think the same is true for most of us here.
    Well put, thank you.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Please form your opinion in a way that doesn't make it sound like you are whining.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

do we play miami this year ?......that would be AWESOME !

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Waiting and seeing doesn't have anything to do with orange colored glasses. IMO, you're above this sort of stuff, turf, and at the end of the year if this team is in the same situation or worse I'm sure more people will be on the lynch mob. Until then, it's seeing what the coach can do plus Marshall hated Denver before McD got here and I believe most of this stems for many of you being butthurt over an overrated QB who wanted to leave the BRONCOS!!
    I'm so sick of this effing bullshit of calling peopel upset about McD and what he's done "butthurt" because of the Cutler trade. That was just the start.

We are no more "butthurt" than those of you complaining, about the complainers. You seem to be 'butthurt' that there are some posters disgusted with McD.

This team was better with the "over rated" QB, and was better with the "over rated" WR. But because they don't wear the orange-n-blue.. they suck and are 'over rated' and anyone that liked them are 'butthurt.'
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Please form your opinion in a way that doesn't make it sound like you are whining.
    This sounds like whining about other posters. If you don't like what they are saying, stay out of the thread. Don't respond and feed the thread. Don't comment that will then bring back another comment. Don't be negative towards a negative post... because it sure as hell isn't making it appear as though you are anything other than another whiner.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Gee Ravage you got me shaking you're such a badass who is butthurt! may you and the other can rub each other to feel better!!

9. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    do we play miami this year ?......that would be AWESOME !
    I don't think so.... I think we pulled the AFC South and the AFC team we play based on rank from the AFC East is the Jets.
    Temp sig till I find another one

11. The Following User High Fived BigBroncLove For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Not an overreaction. Just an opinion. This shit has been going on for a year now.
    Sorry if you don't share my opinion. Sorry if I don't have my orange tinted glasses on right now. I'm having a hard time finding them.
    More than that if you count the last few years of Shanny's regime.

Quote Originally Posted by scott.475 View Post
    No one should be surprised by this move, no one. I have yet to be a huge supporter of McD's, still hoping he proves me wrong. But, we are where we are, it may be very ugly from here on out, may not.

Dismantling the team? Yes, that is probably a fair statement, but not necessarily bad. There is virtually nothing in common between McD's and Shanahan's coaching philosophies, and while no one in the Bronco's organization has used the term "rebuilding", I think it is pretty clear that is what we are doing. McD was given the keys to the family car to do as he wishes, and it is clear he is working on dismantling the Shanahan Broncos in order to create a hopefully better McD Broncos.

Again, I am no big supporter of McD's just yet, but getting rid of Marshall is actually the least concerning thing, in my mind, that he has done. We are stuck with McD for at least a couple more years so I am going to work on keeping a good attitude.

Regardless of whether this works or not, I will still be a Bronco fan forever. Why folks on opposing sides of any situation regarding the Broncos feel compelled to call the other side being "on the badnwagon" or "off the bandwagon", "fairweather", or any other term over a simple DIFFERENCE OF OPINION is beyond me. This is, after all, a DISCUSSION BOARD. I don't recall any rule stating that we must all agree, remain positive regardless of what is happening, or that we must swear allegiance to any one player or coach.

As far as I can tell, we are all pretty passionate Bronco's fans around here, and I disagree with plenty of things people post over one topic or another, but I would NEVER question whether they are true fans of the Broncos. I was a Bronco fan before I was born, was 6 years old when they went to their first Superbowl and STILL remember how exciting that time was. I have maintained my passion for them despite having lived in the God-foresaken state of Washington for over 20 years, and NO ONE can question my love or passion for the Broncos over a difference of opinion. I think the same is true for most of us here.
    very nice post....

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    This sounds like whining about other posters. If you don't like what they are saying, stay out of the thread. Don't respond and feed the thread. Don't comment that will then bring back another comment. Don't be negative towards a negative post... because it sure as hell isn't making it appear as though you are anything other than another whiner.
    This sounds like you are whining about me. And now I sound like I'm whining about you. Ad Nausium.

Really I have no more to offer to this thread because Scott.475 said it beautifully.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

15. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I'm so sick of this effing bullshit of calling peopel upset about McD and what he's done "butthurt" because of the Cutler trade. That was just the start.

We are no more "butthurt" than those of you complaining, about the complainers. You seem to be 'butthurt' that there are some posters disgusted with McD.

This team was better with the "over rated" QB, and was better with the "over rated" WR. But because they don't wear the orange-n-blue.. they suck and are 'over rated' and anyone that liked them are 'butthurt.'
    From the perspective of a fence-sitter...I think the Cutler thing made the so-called "haters" put McD under a microscope and many tend to put the blame for EVERYTHING on him since that as a result.

We were average with the "overrated" QB and average without him. If we are still average without the "overrated" WR...then I dont think it's realistic to say we were better WITH them...especially if they dont significantly help their new teams. Just my perspective.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    From the perspective of a fence-sitter...I think the Cutler thing made the so-called "haters" put McD under a microscope and many tend to put the blame for EVERYTHING on him since that as a result.

We were average with the "overrated" QB and average without him. If we are still average without the "overrated" WR...then I dont think it's realistic to say we were better WITH them...especially if they dont significantly help their new teams. Just my perspective.
    Of course this is where the 'hate' for McD came from! I don't read half the shit these blowhards write around here because of that because they judge McD off this...first and foremost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Of course this is where the 'hate' for McD came from! I don't read half the shit these blowhards write around here because of that because they judge McD off this...first and foremost!!
    Do you really think thats the only reason? I think not.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

in all likelyhood marshall would have been gone next year (as the new cba would probably restore ufa status to those who got held up this year).
    we would have recieved nothing more than a fond farewell from brandon.
    so the F.O. made the logical move at this point.
    i hate to see a player with marshall's talent go BUT... we are building a NEW team and there will be growing pains.
    gaining power in the draft is a good thing and with a whole new regime it allows the coaches to get the type of players they feel they need to succeed.
    whether the plan works or not is yet to be seen.but really most people thought we would be a 3-4 win team last year and we beat the odds.
    so let the 2-5 win prognosticators go wild... what matters is W's and like i said last year."we have been an average team for over a decade so i'm all for trying something new"

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post

McD put himself under the microscope. Winning will make the "haters" forget all of the weird shit he has done. And he hasnt won yet so us haters are still mad.

I am more pissed about the Smith trade than anything. The Cutler trade ripped my heart out. But I am over it. The Smith trade was completley retarded.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information