Thread: Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) Returns

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) Returns

Roger Waters Announces 'The Wall' Tour Dates

As rumored in recent months, Roger Waters is taking Pink Floyd's "The Wall" on the road this fall for a 36-date North American tour starting Sept. 15 in Toronto and wrapping Dec. 13 in Anaheim.

Prior to this, the 1979 concept album has only been performed 31 times -- by PInk Floyd in 1980-81 with limited engagements in Los Angeles, London, Uniondale, N.Y. and Dortmund, West Germany, and an all-star presentation by Waters in July of 1990 to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. Waters, who played "The Dark Side of the Moon" in its entirety during 2007-08, will reportedly take "The Wall" to Europe in 2011, but no dates have yet been announced.

The show will be a state-of-the art affair, featuring a 240-foot-wide and 35-foot-tall wall constructed and subsequently torn down during the concerts. Other props and special effects are expected to be part of the show as well.

Waters is re-launching his official web site at 2 p.m. today with ticket sale information.

Released in November of 1979, "The Wall" -- which focuses on a disaffected young musician facing an existential personal crisis that reflected Waters' state of mind at the time -- spent 15 weeks atop the Billboard 200 chart and has been certified 23-times platinum and won a Grammy Award for Best Engineered Recording -- Non-Classical.

http://www.billboard.com/events/roge...04082382.story
    If youre a casual or diehard fan of Pink Floyd (or their solo works) this is a must see, cant miss event.

Ive seen Roger Waters 3 times since 1998 (Jones Beach, MSG and Giants Stadium) when he covered Dark Side of the Moon. He also did a lot of The Wall and his solo stuff, which is good in it's own right.

Ive seen the David Gilmour-led version of Pink Floyd in 1994. I love David's work with Floyd and his solo stuff is great too... while David's PF (A Momentary Lapse of Reason, The Division Bell) was excellent, it was too much like his solo work.

Waters' shows are much more authentic to the real Pink Floyd experience, you cant even think about hearing Gilmour doing In the Flesh? or Run Like Hell, it just isnt right. Elaborate stage set pieces, incredible laser lighting, and a near full blown orchestra backdrop, and you have an incredible show.

I promise if you havent seen Roger Waters and are any kind of Pink Floyd fan worth anything, YOU CANT MISS THIS INCREDIBLE CONCERT.

Here's a full list of venues and tix-
    http://www.outsidethewall.net/rogerwaters2006.html

"I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Hell yea!!! Pink Floyd is still one of my favorites! That was the 2nd tape I ever bought, right behind Beastie Boys' License to Ill.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

There is nothing I can say regarding how ****ing awesome the show is. He puts on an incredible performance equal to the original PF, but now probably even better with all the advancements in sound and lighting techs. They make it sound so faithful he puts on one of the best sounding performances Ive ever heard and Ive seen a lot of shows. Its so close to the original studio dubs.

THIS IS A BREAKING EVENT. GET TICKETS WHILE YOU CAN!

In 2000 he sold out 2 dates in 45 minutes here and added another night, thank goodness because I got tix to that one.

I cant say it enough. You havent seen a concert if you havent seen Pink Floyd. And if youre not a fan, you will be after the show.

6. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Anybody want to buy my kidney so I can go to this? Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

11/23 Denver!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Anybody want to buy my kidney so I can go to this? Please?
    i'd make an offer for your liver, but no way that thing's in any better shape than mine. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

For being such a hardcore conservative, it strikes me as kind of funny and ironic that you'd be a fan of such an America hating, pinko commie.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    For being such a hardcore conservative, it strikes me as kind of funny and ironic that you'd be a fan of such an America hating, pinko commie.
    It's just like when we look the other way at NFL players when they do things wrong....Waters can play some damn music, he can be as commie as he wants to be.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

You are correct. Just love their stuff like Dark Side.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I like their songs like "Money", "Time", etc, but their shit is too weird. It's like for every one great song they have, they have a full album of bullshit noises and stupid songs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I like their songs like "Money", "Time", etc, but their shit is too weird. It's like for every one great song they have, they have a full album of bullshit noises and stupid songs

Honestly, I like The Wall but Dark Side of the Moon is my fave followed by Animals. The show is worth twice the amount of admission.

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

if you go to rogerwaters.com you can sign up for "presale" premium seats.
    it's done in a drawing so no gaurantees but its a shot.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information