Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Raider Fans - Showing lack of class once again

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by silver_black View Post
    this was discussed to death @ broncomania boards with cited articles, its there if anyone wants to revisit it.
    I wasn't denying that it happened...just saying that I never heard about it.

I try not to get involved in too many conversations like that because, in the end, all the y'all Raider fans can do is talk smack with no basis for it since the Raiders' win totals over the past three years about equals the Broncos wins from last year...
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Nick Ferguson

I asked on Broncomania, but the answer I got it kinda confusing.

Notorious fan moments

• Dec. 23, 2000: Fans have a run-in with security after they attempt to take home seats from Mile High's South Stands at the end of the stadium's final Broncos game.

• 2000: Coach Mike Shanahan recounts being hit in the back of the head by an AA battery thrown by a fan in the stands.

• Nov. 22, 1999: Fans at Mile High Stadium pelt the visiting Raiders with snowballs as they leave the field following a Monday night 27-21 overtime Broncos win. Offensive lineman Lincoln Kennedy is hit and throws a punch at a fan.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=1#post1930188

Why would a Bronco fan throw a battery at Shanahan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderGirl View Post
    Why would a Bronco fan throw a battery at Shanahan?
    It's a conspiracy I tell you! A CONSPIRACY!
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I wasn't denying that it happened...just saying that I never heard about it.

I try not to get involved in too many conversations like that because, in the end, all the y'all Raider fans can do is talk smack with no basis for it since the Raiders' win totals over the past three years about equals the Broncos wins from last year...
    so in order to talk smack ones team needs to win games? i've never understood this argument. to be honest it really makes it that much harder to do so.

i'd just like to see some donk fans do the same just to get an idea of how little you have to work with.

i'll talk smack as always, and also always come back to eat crow when i have to. it'd be much easier to stand up and chest thump after the games are over too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Nick Ferguson

so in order to talk smack ones team needs to win games? i've never understood this argument. to be honest it really makes it that much harder to do so.

i'd just like to see some donk fans do the same just to get an idea of how little you have to work with.

i'll talk smack as always, and also always come back to eat crow when i have to. it'd be much easier to stand up and chest thump after the games are over too.
    I am eating crow.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html, Talks about battery filled snowballs.

You were right. I was wrong!!!

I hate being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderGirl View Post
    I am eating crow.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html, Talks about battery filled snowballs.

You were right. I was wrong!!!

I hate being wrong.
    no worries. i didnt point that out to say you or anybody else was wrong, just that there are awful fans of any/every team. I hate it just like everybody else does.

some do however have the holier than thou approach to their team's fan's conduct

Adopted Bronco:
    Nick Ferguson

no worries. i didnt point that out to say you or anybody else was wrong, just that there are awful fans of any/every team. I hate it just like everybody else does.

some do however have the holier than thou approach to their team's fan's conduct
    I guess I will see what the Broncos fans are like during the Raiders game come Sunday. I have never been to a Bronco/Raiders game, I am pumped up though.

Here's to good fans like all of us here!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/nba/11/20/fan.confrontations.ap/index.html

Dec. 16, 2001 Bottles thrown by Cleveland Browns fans hit players on both teams and other people in the stands. Most of the hundreds of bottles were plastic but many were filled with beer.
    Anyone mind reminding me of the NFL rule regarding challenges?

How many plays are allowed to run between the play in question and the challenge?

If you guessed one, you were right - at least for that game.

It could be worse. You could go over 10 years without hosting a MNFootball game becuse your fans were idiotic and had beer bottle fights

I wonder where that place is

hint, it aint in Denver or Oakland
    the team wears Blue..

Adopted Bronco:
    Nick Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    It could be worse. You could go over 10 years without hosting a MNFootball game becuse your fans were idiotic and had beer bottle fights

I wonder where that place is

hint, it aint in Denver or Oakland
    the team wears Blue..
    I give up. I have looked for the answer, but I cannot find it.

I have found a lot of other funny fan incidents though!

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I saw that. Tatum got soaked!

He did provoke it though by taunting the fans.
    And the Raiders provoked Tatum with their mind games.

The Tatum Bell Drill.

Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    I think all teams have fans that act like asses to opposing players and fans.
    There used to be a lot of problems with fights at Patriots home games until they installed a bunch of cameras and started revoking season tickets when trouble makers were caught.

You see, my Patriots love cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    There used to be a lot of problems with fights at Patriots home games until they installed a bunch of cameras and started revoking season tickets when trouble makers were caught.

You see, my Patriots love cameras.

They SAY they installed it because of problems with the fans.

Those are classless fans, no matter what team they root for. It would be nice if they got mug-shots and get banned from watching in any NFL stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information